• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT4| The Golden Number

Omikaru

The blurry artwork of Yu looks awesome. Can't wait to see it in more detail.

Also, I'm really curious about Rise in-game. What weapon will she use? How has her Persona changed to have attacks? All fascinating stuff.

Obviously this confirms Ken 100% too, so I wonder what his design for this game will be...

My predictions are that Ken and the new mode will be revealed later today, alongside a teaser pic of Adachi with the letters DLC DAY ONE!

I must have missed something, why do people think Adachi will be playable? Just because he appeared at the end of the trailer? In that case, did people think Rise and General Teddie would be playable because of P4A's trailer?

Also, I'm really curious about Rise in-game. What weapon will she use?

Her artwork has a microphone, so most likely that.

Why am I getting vibes Ken will be combined with Koromaru as a character XD

Probably cause that's what they did to them for Q:
FIG-COL-7026.jpg

kewlmyc

I must have missed something, why do people think Adachi will be playable? Just because he appeared at the end of the trailer? In that case, did people think Rise and General Teddie would be playable because of P4A's trailer?

Because most people think that you don't just hint at a character at the end of a trailer that is not a member of the main cast like Rise and Teddie, just for them to be a NPC in the story mode. Also Teddie was playable, so yeah.

It would be like showing a silhouette of Dojima and Nanako in a trailer of the first P4A, just for them to have a minor role in the story mode. It's possible that's what ASW is going for, but holy blue balls.

FluxWaveZ

Because most people think that you don't just hint at a character at the end of a trailer that is not a member of the main cast like Rise and Teddie, just for them to be a NPC in the story mode. Also Teddie was playable, so yeah.

It would be like showing a silhouette of Dojima and Nanako in a trailer of the first P4A, just for them to have a minor role in the story mode. It's possible that's what ASW is going for, but holy blue balls.

It's fine if people got that impression from the trailer, but I already explained why it was not a nonsensical decision before: it was a story trailer, not a gameplay trailer. The character is very much involved with the game's story, therefore they get a tease at the end of the story trailer as a returning character of a certain significance.

And your Dojima and Nanako analogy doesn't work. If you recall, Rise was a silhouette in the very first P4A trailer, along with the rest of the cast.

MSMrRound

I must have missed something, why do people think Adachi will be playable? Just because he appeared at the end of the trailer?

I don't think they would drop such a teasing bit of info if they aren't going to expand the idea into the main game itself...then again...it's Atlus. I'm cautiously optimistic about it.

Im inclined to agree with you. It's probably just wishful thinking on my part.
The teaser pic of Adachi from that trailer does look like a vs screen pic however.

http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_large/hash/f3/cc/1332963065_1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZSSMH7u.png[/IMG

Why am I getting vibes Ken will be combined with Koromaru as a character XD

Probably cause that's what they did to them for Q:
FIG-COL-7026.jpg

Must own that Narukami keyring. Oh hell, and Yukiko aswell.

I disagree, Adachi being involved in P4U's storyline is a big deal
due to the events in P4
. If they showed a silhouette of Dojima, then yeah, I'd agree. But Adachi? Id bet it was meant to show he's back in the story.

kewlmyc

It's fine if people got that impression from the trailer, but I already explained why it was not a nonsensical decision before: it was a story trailer, not a gameplay trailer. The character is very much involved with the game's story, therefore they get a tease at the end of the story trailer as a returning character of a certain significance.

And your Dojima and Nanako analogy doesn't work. If you recall, Rise was a silhouette in the very first P4A trailer, along with the rest of the cast.
I disagree, Adachi being involved in P4U's storyline is a big deal due to the events in P4. If they showed a silhouette of Dojima, then yeah, I'd agree. But Adachi? Id bet it was meant to show he's back in the story.

Still odd considering P4AU is a fighting game first and foremost. You say it was mostly a story trailer, which I don't really agree with since I see it more as a console reveal and Sho reveal trailer.

I guess we're just being upfront about
Adachi
now as well. I think Dantis and Sophia said they want people to spoiler tag this kind of stuff.

FluxWaveZ

I think Dantis and Sophia said they want people to spoiler tag this kind of stuff.

I don't see why it has to be just for them. There are a few people who come into this thread who haven't played Persona 4 to completion yet. I don't understand why it has to be so hard to avoid explicitly spoiling details, especially for certain members who do it over and over again.

If you guys openly want to discuss spoilers, vote for having a spoiler banner for any Persona game in the OP of OT5 or something. Until then, it's good to be courteous.

FluxWaveZ

Still odd considering P4AU is a fighting game first and foremost. You say it was mostly a story trailer, which I don't really agree with since I see it more as a console reveal and Sho reveal trailer.

Sho wasn't revealed in the story trailer; he was revealed in the very first trailer that came out for the game.

Then the story trailer came along and did its job of establishing backstory for the character we knew nothing about. Everything in that trailer is linked to the narrative, as opposed to the reveal trailer which was about gameplay first and foremost. That is why the tease will also be linked to the narrative. The story is a focal point of the console version of the game, since it's obviously a huge aspect of it and also not present in the arcade version. How does that not make sense?

kewlmyc

I don't see why it has to be just for them. There are a few people who come into this thread who haven't played Persona 4 to completion yet. I don't understand why it has to be so hard to avoid explicitly spoiling details, especially for certain members who do it over and over again.

If you guys openly want to discuss spoilers, vote for having a spoiler banner for any Persona game in the OP of OT5 or something. Until then, it's good to be courteous.

Wasn't trying to say it was just for them, it's just that I remember having a conversation with them about if a certain character was playable, how that would work spoiler wise, so I brought them up. I'm perfectly fine with not discussing spoilers here since that's what the IRC is for.

Here's the links for both version coming out, I do appreciate they are stainless steel instead of those rubber keychains Japan loves making:

Both have a 10th keyring that's a secret makes me very curious.

Where can i purchase?

Sho wasn't revealed in the story trailer; he was revealed in the very first trailer that came out for the game.

Then the story trailer came along and did its job of establishing backstory for the character we knew nothing about. Everything in that trailer is linked to the narrative, as opposed to the reveal trailer which was about gameplay first and foremost. That is why the tease will also be linked to the narrative. The story is a focal point of the console version of the game, since it's obviously a huge aspect of it and also not present in the arcade version. How does that not make sense?

We have yet to see all of the character reveal trailers, so there is a chance. Your logic makes sense though.

kewlmyc

I never said that it doesn't make sense. It would just be very disappointing. I believe that the story trailer was the first time we saw actual gameplay of him, hence why I considered it a Sho reveal more than I did a story reveal. Yes, it's possible (probably more than possible at this point) that he isn't playable, I just think it's kinda disappointing from ASW's end.

FluxWaveZ

I never said that it doesn't make sense. It would just be very disappointing. I believe that the story trailer was the first time we saw actual gameplay of him, hence why I considered it a Sho reveal more than I did a story reveal. Yes, it's possible (probably more than possible at this point) that he isn't playable, I just think it's kinda disappointing from ASW's end.

Sure. Like I said, that's fine since it would be easy to get that expectation from a tease like that. It's also not a certainty it won't happen. All I'm saying is that people might have gotten the wrong impression from what the tease was supposed to accomplish.

Doesn't reveal trailers make more sense for fighting games than rpgs?

Huh? And if they did... so?

Edit: What I meant was that Persona Q is doing individual character trailers while P4U2 hasn't had any yet, so I'm not sure what you implied originally.

Lunar15

Awwww yiss.

Mother. Fuckin. Rise.

EDIT: Wait, does this mean you can have Rise as the navigator for Rise? Wait... Could you have Yosuke navigate for Yosuke in the first one?

FluxWaveZ

EDIT: Wait, does this mean you can have Rise as the navigator for Rise? Wait... Could you have Yosuke navigate for Yosuke in the first one?

Teddie navigating Teddie, Yosuke navigating Yosuke, Mitsuru navigating Mitsuru, Aigis navigating Aigis...

Not new. They also have special dialogue when doing it.

Hooray for new characters...

...Because new characters mean new artwork, and that means more fun for me when the game finally comes out! :D

I can't wait to see what Laura Bailey does with Rise now; bring on Ken (and more characters)!

Lunar15

So what you're telling me is... you could have Rise vs. Rise with Rise and Rise as navigators...

Smed respond if you are OK

I'm not.

Gematsu said:
There will also be a new mode, something-Arena Mode (it’s censored by our source), which features a character growth component, as well as a part about building up communication with the navigator character.

Famitsu also has a release date and price for the title. While the source has censored out the day, we know it’ll be out in August and cost over 6,000 yen.

New mode sounds interesting.

Approaching Tartarus Mode.

Also, that's a confirmation that the game's out in August. I would have preferred July, but oh well.

And given what ATLUS USA has mentioned about localization, I would expect the game to come west in either the same month or September. That leaves October - December for PQ.

Top Bottom