• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meia

I actually don't mind Labrys as a character. On the other hand, the less robots there are moving forwards, the better. Labrys' trailer again suggests that Sho is a robot, sooooo...

Oh good, I was worried your irrational hatred of robots had waned over the years. :p

hao chi

If there's no third iteration of P4U, it won't matter.

If there is, ArcSys won't remove her even if she is canonically dead, so it still won't matter.

Blazblue spoilers:
They removed Lambda after she died in Continuum Shift, but they put her skills on Nu and made her a mode-change character.

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the next Blazblue game, since Terumi dies, as well as possibly Hazama and Platinum.

I feel like whatever happens in the next BB will give us a good hint as to whether Arc Sys is willing to bring back dead characters (if that scenario even comes up for Persona). Well, that and whether or not Shadow Labrys plays a role in Ultimax's story mode.

Meia

Speaking of Persona Arena, am I the only one hate the internal monologues in the story mode?

The problem is the structure of the story modes themselves. It's almost as if with some of the story modes being so similar with events playing out the exact same way, they had to come up with at least *some* unique dialogue for the characters or no one would get through the modes. So that's what they came up with.

Hopefully with story mode being different in Ultimax we won't have this problem. I don't mind the idea of getting into the character's heads a bit, but even those were the same thing over and over after awhile...

hao chi

Hopefully there are no joke endings this time around. They didn't make sense in the context of the game.

I'd actually love more joke endings, assuming they're done well. That was the thing I was most excited for in the English version of BBCP, though unfortunately they were all pretty disappointing, especially compared to BBCS' gag reels. :(

Edit: I challenge anyone to tell me this isn't hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-cKNYo2Kw

Sophia

I'd actually love more joke endings, assuming they're done well. That was the thing I was most excited for in the English version of BBCP, though unfortunately they were all pretty disappointing, especially compared to BBCS' gag reels. :(

Edit: I challenge anyone to tell me this isn't hilarious:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6-cKNYo2Kw

None of the joke endings were done well in Persona 4 Arena tho, even if Kanji's was pretty funny. All three of them had to completely derail their characters just to work.

The problem is the structure of the story modes themselves. It's almost as if with some of the story modes being so similar with events playing out the exact same way, they had to come up with at least *some* unique dialogue for the characters or no one would get through the modes. So that's what they came up with.

Hopefully with story mode being different in Ultimax we won't have this problem. I don't mind the idea of getting into the character's heads a bit, but even those were the same thing over and over after awhile...

I actually like the monologues for most characters. They provide some pretty interesting insights into the characters that we don't normally get. But yeah, could have done without the story structure showing us the same scenes three to four times...

hao chi

None of the joke endings were done well in Persona 4 Arena tho, even if Kanji's was pretty funny. All three of them had to completely derail their characters just to work.

I thought Chie's was kind of funny, and Kanji's was alright, but I agree that they could have been better, and I hope they are if they bring them back. If they can be as funny as most of the ones in BBCSE, I'd be very happy.

And I'm fine with them going out of character for them. Just make them entertaining and I'm fine. It's not like they're canon anyway.

CorvoSol

I actually feel like the main problems with the Law/Chaos things in SMT4 are twofold:
First, there is NO subtlety to it. Like, regardless of how you decide to handle Issachar Jonathan or Walter will piss at you for it. I mean, your best friend is being overrun with demons and these guys do not give a fuck and will bitch at you about it. And that's VERY early in the game. There is no development of Law and Chaos, just sort of a ramping up of stupidity. Jonny and Wally don't really experience anything that should be driving them, they just kinda react differently to the same shit because one already is Law and one already is Chaos. Problem number 2, though, is that it's just stupid as fuck at times. Like EVERYTHING Walter says is dumb as shit. "I want to make a world where everyone is free! Oh except I also want it to be Might = Right. It's not like that was the world I was born into or anything." and Jonny boy is all "I'm pretty okay with people dying if it means people are living." Like I always say, I got Neutral without really trying because I hated both of them equally.

Speaking of Persona Arena, am I the only one hate the internal monologues in the story mode?

Yeah I actually hat the monologue, the problem with P4A's monologue is just the amount of monologue compared to the voiced dialogue can get a bit much at times and just want the story to move faster. Along with some of the monologue going into maybe too much detail on previous events that happened in like P4 and P3. I don't mind a bit of detail, but it did overstay it's welcome.

Meia

Man, seriously, days go by so fast if I'm not in the dungeon.
And that's only been 1 day a moth.

Yep.

For modern Persona, I only ever do my dungeon crawling in one day of a month. By the time I get tired of doing that, I then do the rest of the month with social linking. When that starts getting boring, it's time to hop in a dungeon again.

Moving to 5, I really do hope they keep that alternating play going if nothing else.

MSMrRound

Bntk-r8IMAAbjcN.jpg:large

PK Gaming

I actually like the monologues for most characters. They provide some pretty interesting insights into the characters that we don't normally get. But yeah, could have done without the story structure showing us the same scenes three to four times...

Ditto!

Amazing

Sho's portrait is very weird indeed lol

And man, Japanese Labrys sounds so much better. Maybe now I can like her. :p Her english one is really annoying to hear, ugh.

The kind of same thing happened to me with Chie. Like, after playing P4OG I disliked her, but strangely after watching the anime and playing Arena I actually think she's pretty likeable.

todd360

I actually feel like the main problems with the Law/Chaos things in SMT4 are twofold:
First, there is NO subtlety to it. Like, regardless of how you decide to handle Issachar Jonathan or Walter will piss at you for it. I mean, your best friend is being overrun with demons and these guys do not give a fuck and will bitch at you about it. And that's VERY early in the game. There is no development of Law and Chaos, just sort of a ramping up of stupidity. Jonny and Wally don't really experience anything that should be driving them, they just kinda react differently to the same shit because one already is Law and one already is Chaos. Problem number 2, though, is that it's just stupid as fuck at times. Like EVERYTHING Walter says is dumb as shit. "I want to make a world where everyone is free! Oh except I also want it to be Might = Right. It's not like that was the world I was born into or anything." and Jonny boy is all "I'm pretty okay with people dying if it means people are living." Like I always say, I got Neutral without really trying because I hated both of them equally.

I hated their character design as well. I tried to go neutral without a guide but I got law ending instead.

Tamanon

Banned
Since it's Persona 4 Golf, the final boss should be
the random valet that parked your car when you came to the course
(Persona 4 endgame spoilerish)

Sophia

Since it's Persona 4 Golf, the final boss should be
the random valet that parked your car when you came to the course
(Persona 4 endgame spoilerish)

Make that valet another aspect of Izanami and we're Golden. Literally.

Also Chet, you are 2gud. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom