• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT5| Pull up a chair! [NO PQ OR P4U SPOILERS!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
tumblr_m6oi6fnsxo1r8ts75.png

Squire

Banned
Launch day DLC, basically. If that's the kind of shit they're pulling, then maybe Dantis will be right about the sales.... :p

LOL, are people really still miffed at that in this the year of our lord, 2014? I get the issue (I guess), but it's in-substantive content 99.9% of the time, anyway. Would never let that stop from getting/enjoying a game I wanted.

Daimaou

Launch day DLC, basically. If that's the kind of shit they're pulling, then maybe Dantis will be right about the sales.... :p

Not really out of character for ASW. Terumi was day one for BBCP, even though you got a voucher with first prints.

Sophia

LOL, are people really still miffed at that in this the year of our lord, 2014? I get the issue (I guess), but it's in-substantive content 99.9% of the time, anyway. Would never let that stop from getting/enjoying a game I wanted.

It really depends on what the content is, but as Dai noted, ASW has a pretty crappy history with including characters as DLC. Which is not in any way in-substantive. :p

Squire

Banned
It really depends on what the content is, but as Dai noted, ASW has a pretty crappy history with including characters as DLC. Which is not in any way in-substantive. :p

If there's a voucher included and you're already getting the game day one then you have no beef, really.

But aside from that: "scenario".

CorvoSol

Day one neck-tie DLC changes the color of Izanagi no Okami's necktie to match the exact color palette of FeMC's shoes.

If that doesn't get the otaku to blow cash, nothing will.

Eh don't really mind, especially since "additional scenario" doesn't sound like much to me. If its a character, i'll be a little steamed, but I'll probably still buy it especially if its you know who.

Sophia

If there's a voucher included and you're already getting the game day one then you have no beef, really.

But aside from that: "scenario".

Yeah, "scenario" could really mean anything. I'll wait for more info, but it's not exactly pleasant words to hear. Especially when you're on a limited budget as it and may not always be able to get the newest copies right away.

Squire

Banned
Yeah, "scenario" could really mean anything. I'll wait for more info, but it's not exactly pleasant words to hear. Especially when you're on a limited budget as it and may not always be able to get the newest copies right away.

I know that feel, but I never sweat stuff like this. If it's truly integral to the experience, it'll be on the disc. I have yet to see a studio go outside of that. I can only imagine this is another instance of that, given they're using the term "scenario" in reference to a fighting game.

CorvoSol

On the other hand, another chance to see Mitsuru in a swim suit:

3siT1Rm.jpg

"I do not deny that my heart has long desired this."

Sophia

I know that feel, but I never sweat stuff like this. If it's truly integral to the experience, it'll be on the disc. I have yet to see a studio go outside of that. I can only imagine this is another instance of that, given they're using the term "scenario" in reference to a fighting game.

Like I said, remains to be seen, but ArkSys doesn't have a good track record, and it sours trust in the consumer.

It's ultimately just another way of convincing people who would normally not buy games on day one releases to do so. But it hurts the consumers who wait, which seems counter-productive given how good shelf life Atlus games usually have.

I'd pay anything for DLC re-sprites of casual Soejima-designed outfits for all characters. I know the logistics of making re-skins in a sprite-based game aren't exactly in my favor, but let a man dream dammit

Squire

Banned
Like I said, remains to be seen, but ArkSys doesn't have a good track record, and it sours trust in the consumer.

It's ultimately just another way of convincing people who would normally not buy games on day one releases to do so. But it hurts the consumers who wait, which seems counter-productive given how good shelf life Atlus games usually have.

I disagree, honestly. If it's not totally required for the full experience - you know, actual bonus content - than what does it hurt?

Plus "scenario" pretty definitively means it's a story of some sort. Not sure how you can leave room for it to be a character. If it was that, they'd call it that, as with Kokonoe.

CorvoSol

It's not like Mitsuru's Arena catsuit leaves anything to the imagination.

Good thing we have the instant kill graphic to see that her suit is tight enough and thin enough to show she's not wearing a bra.

Well when you get right down to it, what is the defense score of a bra?

Cuz I can tell you that ridiculous panties have great stats. That was P3 in a nutshell. The tighter that catsuit is the higher its DEF stat, I bet.

Sophia

I disagree, honestly. If it's not totally required for the full experience - you know, actual bonus content - than what does it hurt?

Plus "scenario" pretty definitely means it's a story of some sort. Not sure how you can leave room for it to be a character. If it was that, they'd call it that, as with Kokonoe.

You have to remember things like pre-order DLC, first day DLC, etc, etc? They're done to increase day one sales and get more people to pay full price. Atlus games typically have a long shelf life however. So the content would have to be pretty significant to convince people, otherwise it raises the question of "Why even bother?"

Plus given Atlus USA's history of including physical pre-order goods, and how it appears to work out well, I wonder why they didn't just do that again.

Good thing we have the instant kill graphic to see that her suit is tight enough and thin enough to show she's not wearing a bra.

Well, you don't always wear a bra with a leotard anyhow. Especially when it's that tight.

I am however assuming we are ignoring the illogicalness of how big her breasts are, as you'd certainly need support for extended periods of time with that size....

PK Gaming

Heh, it's pandering to the nth degree.

Even if you ignore the fact that she's not wearing a bra (which is just... impossible), nipples don't protrude like that in real life. Unless they're erect, which means they'll roughly end up being 4-5 stacked quarters in terms of length. But even when you consider that, they'd just end up squishing against the skin tight suit anyway. So...

Sloppy art all around. I expected that kind of pandering from BlazBlue, but Persona? Honestly pretty disappointed.

Well when you get right down to it, what is the defense score of a bra?

Cuz I can tell you that ridiculous panties have great stats. That was P3 in a nutshell. The tighter that catsuit is the higher its DEF stat, I bet.
There is that one piece of armor I got from a random chest in Persona 3 late game, the Spiked Bra. That was pretty good.

Thought it was funny that the designers wrote dialogue for Mitsuru and Yukari to complain about wearing it even though it doesn't visually change them.

EDIT: Looking back at the picture, I honestly don't remember Mitsuru being that stacked, but what do I know. P3 thankfully didn't have the requisite jRPG/anime scene of "humorously" comparing sizes. I swear that must be a law over there.

LX_Theo

Banned
I think a lot of people are a bit too quick to condemn stuff like this in general. Day one/preorder bonuses are only a real harm to the uninformed buyer should they be reasonable bonuses. It doesn't take much to be informed on it, either.

Even if you ignore the fact that she's not wearing a bra (which is just... impossible), nipples don't protrude like that in real life. Unless they're erect, which means they'll roughly end up being 4-5 stacked quarters in terms of length. But even when you consider that, they'd just end up squishing against the skin tight suit anyway. So...

Sloppy art all around. I expected that kind of pandering from BlazBlue, but Persona? Honestly pretty disappointed.

Yup, its almost Liefeldian in its butchering of basic human anatomy. It is a one-off however, I don't think that there is another piece of art similar to it in the whole game, which counts for something.

You can't just make fuuka art and forget about your waifu.

Don't mind me, just screeching with laughter

PK Gaming
Nipple Expert

It's anime. (saying it like this just to piss people off) its Arcsys, a more perverted company, that designed dizzy and Makoto Nanaya. Frankly, I am glad, and y'all should be too, that it is one of the only instances of that in P4A, and that they didn't go farther.

If the day one/preorder DLC are glasses accessories or extra colors, then fair enough. But when companies purposely hold back finished characters or story segments, it becomes a problem.

Why cant they just release a full finished product, see if there is a continuous demand for the title and then create DLC?

If you buy Persona 5 day one edition you get the DLC Kanji's Legacy otherwise you never get it

Enjoy the thrilling tale of Kanji's life after Persona 4 that can only be discovered through this limited edition

PK Gaming

Yup, its almost Liefeldian in its butchering of basic human anatomy. It is a one-off however, I don't think that there is another piece of art similar to it in the whole game, which counts for something.

I don't even hate fanservice, but there's an appropriate time and place for fanservice, and execution is everything. "Nipsuru" just fails on all fronts. It feels like I came across some licentious fanart on Tumblr. Tonally doesn't fit in a game like Persona 4: Arena!!

Don't mind me, just screeching with laughter

PK Gaming
Nipple Expert
You'd be surprised at how many people don't know how nipples work.

It's anime. (saying it like this just to piss people off) its Arcsys, a more perverted company, that designed dizzy and Makoto Nanaya. Frankly, I am glad, and y'all should be too, that it is one of the only instances of that in P4A, and that they didn't go farther.

So you're saying its ok because its arcys? What kind of excuse is that? Makoto Nanaya's outfit is terrible, and it detracts from her character.

Oh man, it's the Instant Kill portrait discussion again

eh, she's making a huge-ass chunk of ice, you realize how cold that thing has to be? :p

before anyone says anything, the :p means I'm not even remotely serious

Meia

Oh man, it's the Instant Kill portrait discussion again

eh, she's making a huge-ass chunk of ice, you realize how cold that thing has to be? :p

More than that, that's Niflheim, the only Severe level ice spell in modern Persona. That shit be COLD yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom