• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Makio

In Japan for sure.

If Atlus USA dont change his date in the next few months , i can say the game is coming right after that or very close.

I mean in Dancing All Night case we got a release date almost two months (and few days) before the date.

I see that been the case with P5 too , like if they plan to release in November (we get the date until September) or the next month if they plan earlier.

At this point i see a late Nov , December release in America.

I BELIEVE.

CKzfgrTUkAAWiho.png
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/625120201336422400
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/625118509589098496
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/625109383983136768
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/625102546357489664
GIVE ME ALL OF THEM

that persona q Marie is a garage kit, so dont get your hopes up there. Not familiar with the others

I have a Rise and Marie figure on the way and then I think my persona collection is done. Depends on the price of Ques Q's Labrys

EDIT: and you added Vertex Rise. That should come out well. I prefer default costumes though and I already have Rise from Wave in the mail

Makio

those eyes of the Maki one looks wrong somehow.

I want the PQ Marie one , i dont even fan of her but looks great.

That "Dancing" Rise too.

Jachaos

I figured the days prior to Persona 5's release would generate a lot of talk in this thread so it wouldn't release by the time this thread's done but looking back on OT7 we had Persona Super Live 2015, Trailer 2 and P4D JP release in there so we might make it. Persona Super Live 2015's Blu-Ray release, P4D NA release and Persona 5 reviews should provide a bunch of pages of discussion but I feel we'll hit the game's release with this thread too.

Makio

I dont know if this thread is going to survive to the game release.

But at least we going to know when the fuck expect the game in both sides in this OT

I BELIEVE , we are in the final run now... is now or never.

preordered her the moment she was available months ago. That figure appeared as a garage kit a long time ago and I never expected anyone to pick her up. Sega prize figure's are great for the price too. Id love a proper Marie scale, but Ill take getting something over nothing.

cant believe Naoto doesnt have a proper scale...

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
preordered her the moment she was available months ago. That figure appeared as a garage kit a long time ago and I never expected anyone to pick her up. Sega prize figure's are great for the price too. Id love a proper Marie scale, but Ill take getting something over nothing.

cant believe Naoto doesnt have a proper scale...

I know man.

How much did that Marie fig cost you?

I know man.

How much did that Marie fig cost you?
lets see I ordered off of big in japan for 2880 Yen shipped, after conversion (used crappy paypal conversion since I dont have a no foriegn transaction fee credit card) total came to $24.89

EDIT: paypal was doing 115yen > 1 dollar when I ordered in february. Its around 122 > 1 now

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
lets see I ordered off of big in japan for 2880 Yen shipped, after conversion (used crappy paypal conversion since I dont have a no foriegn transaction fee credit card) total came to $24.89

EDIT: paypal was doing 115yen > 1 dollar when I ordered in february. Its around 122 > 1 now

Did it look like miine?

Hey, first post here, currently making my way through Persona 4 Golden. I
just got Rise
and I have had five fusion accidents! Five! I've beaten P3Fes, Strange Journey, Nocturne and SMT IV and I have probably had seven at max fusion accidents combined in them. Is the rate way higher in P4G? In fact, my very first fusion in P4G was a fusion accident!

DNAbro

just got Rise
and I have had five fusion accidents! Five! I've beaten P3Fes, Strange Journey, Nocturne and SMT IV and I have probably had seven at max fusion accidents combined in them. Is the rate way higher in P4G? In fact, my very first fusion in P4G was a fusion accident!

I've gone whole playthroughs with 1 so I don't think so.

PK Gaming

just got Rise

Oh, good to see you here man. Unfortunately, I think you're experiencing a bit of bad luck. I think triangle fusions and up have a higher chance of resulting in fusion accidents, but don't quote me on that.

cj_iwakura

http://eirikrjs.tumblr.com/

eirikr, something of an SMT occultist, shared a fascinating interview with Kazuma Kaneko from the SJ artbook.

Most of it is around the core series, but one little tidbit I found relevant:

Q: Speaking of which, everyone at Atlus who was involved in game development before you were is now gone.

A: That’s right. It’s been 20-some years since I joined up, but the only person left who worked on Shin Megami Tensei for the Super Famicom is me. Nowadays, we are staffed with the next generation who grew up playing this series, so there are slight differences between their interpretation of Megaten and mine. There are facts that I’ve had to accept hearing them from previous users. I don’t make blind assumptions that the things they tell me are wrong, but rather, I have to accept the work that they are doing for me at those times. But, if I just accept everything they have to tell me as right, then we lose our sense of what those users who have been with us from the very beginning are feeling, so I have to use my best judgment in order to not let that happen.

Q: It’s almost as if instead of producer, your role is more like that of guardian.

A: With the Persona series, I leave everything up to the director Mr. Hashino and I think that’s a good because that series has gained a large number of fans. However, if it’s the Shin Megami Tensei series we’re talking about… It becomes necessary of me as producer to fulfill the role of one who ties up all the loose ends.

daevious

eirikr, something of an SMT occultist, shared a fascinating interview with Kazuma Kaneko from the SJ artbook.

This is super nifty, thanks for sharing this. I feel kinda bad for Kaneko, I've always gotten the impression that he was great friends with much of the older staff so it must be painful to not have them by his side.

Also best thread title won out and for that I am super pleased.

Jachaos

just got Rise

That was one of the very late trophies I got. In fact I was hoping for one. So it's just some weird luck.

New thread (a day late)! Finally been here long enough to witness a new OT! Yay for FeMC in the banner, boo for no more Aigis!

Also regarding WonFes figures shown today, now i have Yukata Aigis, another Labrys figure, and the P3MC figma to put on my list of figures to get. Can't get enough of them androids.

Hoping both pre-Yaso Labrys and Unit 024 also have their dates announced. I REALLY want that Labrys.

Yo, might as well post here since it's a new thread and I'd like to post a bit more. Never posted on the Persona Community Thread, but I did post a bit in the P4D import thread, so hi everyone?

I really like the OP banner, nice to see the superior P3 protagonist there :p

I see you're currently talking about figures (that Rise one is really nice, I want it :/), so might as well post my Persona figures collection (don't mind the random Mikuru on the right). Also, I'm still working on their placement.

I'm also planning on getting the Marie prize one, but I'll need to figure out something since I can't really buy stuff online, I'll probably convince a friend to order it for me :p

Having said that, hello again! I'll try to post a bit more than I usually do in the future (which is close to zero, so posting more should be easy enough I guess).

Sophia

It's kind of interesting. The way he speaks it's almost as if he's proud of what Hashino and his team have accomplished with Persona 3 and 4. On the other hand, it doesn't sound like he has that same degree of pride for the main series...

Raggie

Hi new thread.

So I'm curious, do people say FeMC is the best just because of how neglected she is or do they genuinely like her. Cus she's my favourite of the main characters; her implied personality is so great.

I don't know about her personality since I haven't played P3P (yet), but I prefer her to the male MC just because she doesn't make me want to nag about her posture. I've had problems with my own back, so looking at Minato makes me think about chiropractors. And the P4 MC looks like hipster. :-\

Shengar

Hi new thread.

So I'm curious, do people say FeMC is the best just because of how neglected she is or do they genuinely like her. Cus she's my favourite of the main characters; her implied personality is so great.
She have bro relationship with Junpei, that alone already makes her the better protagonist.

Raggie

So tell me, Persona fans. Is there anime or other related media you would recommend as something better than passable?

So tell me, Persona fans. Is there anime or other related media you would recommend as something better than passable?

The P3 movies are the only ones that aren't a war crime in every sort of way. The Adachi episodes of P4GA anime are also pretty good in how they color him better then the game ever did.

Lunar15

I mean, I enjoyed the first anime purely as a supplement to the game. Art's derpy, but there's a few clever episodes.

I mean, I enjoyed the first anime purely as a supplement to the game. Art's derpy, but there's a few clever episodes.

Yeah, the P4 Anime is pretty good, I thought.

It has the occasional QUALITY issue, and the pacing is off at times, but overall its a really good adaptation, plus it gives Narukami his personality that we now all know and love :)

I liked the middle episodes of the P4 anime, but the earlier and later ones weren't great. P4GA is straight up garbo, has maybe two and a half good episodes.

The best is of course
Trinity Soul

The best things about both anime were the parts where it diverted from the original games. Kings game, that clever "fear" segment during the
Mitsuo boss
and Detective Nanako were all pretty cool scenes.

Golden had Narukami da god destroying everyone in episode 1, the christmas episode and the
Narukami vs Adachi fistfight
. All of that was highly enjoyable.

Also this tight gif.

tumblr_n8imto3L1f1slv5gyo2_500.gif

I've always wanted a spinoff anime which is just some random Slice of Life show about Persona characters in goofy situations, things like "Koromaru enters a dog competition" and a Fuuka Vs Yukiko cook-off (complete in Shokugeki no Soma style if any of you guys are watching that.)

Just adapting the story of the games was never going to work, there's so much more than just the main narrative that any adaptation is always going to feel incomplete.

IvVfZ34.png

Especially if there's almost no budget

Jintor

yeah goofy slice of life is what I want out of a HYPOTHETICAL PERSONA 4 ANIME because as we all know there were no animes

i kid there was those two social link episodes that were great where they crammed every side s.link into yu's summer vacation

Lunar15

The episode of P4A where they managed to fit in all the side-social links was really funny. I also thought the episode on Ai/Kou's social links was pretty funny too. Whole show felt pretty genuine to me. Also liked how they did Mitsuo's boss fight.

I just felt like they did a good job of nailing Yu's cool/goofy nature. As the protagonist of a video game, he really just doesn't give two fucks about anything. It's great.

kiyoaki

I don't really like any of the anime adaptations I've seen, though the P3 movies seem to be OK. I need to watch them sometime.
I went on a buying binge at a Book-Off while in Japan a couple of years ago and bought mostly P4-related light novels and manga, but nothing really stood out. The 4-koma manga are painfully unfunny IMO. In retrospect, Watarumi Naho's light novel "Your Affection" was the most interesting book in that haul, in that it doesn't really try to weave together any plot at all and leaves out all the supernatural persona-related stuff, but simply retells select scenes from the slice-of-life/school life part of the main game from the perspective of differerent characters. It goes hard for those fuzzy warm friendship feels the game offers and I guess succeeds to some degree to recreate them. It's also (unintentionally?) funny how everybody in the book gushes over the MC at every opportunity. And it's a good book to practice Japanese when you're still at an intermediate level, as it's written in really simple language even for a light novel.

Looking at the author's Amazon page, she seems to write mostly BL. I wonder if I missed some subtext when I read it.

Top Bottom