• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT8| Coming Winter 2014

Setsu00

I'm not sure if this is the right time for this, but I drew Aigis. Tumblr seems to like it, so I thought you guys might like it as well.

tumblr_ocw8u1EBkq1ry8an7o1_1280.png

Really enjoyed the anime, the wait just became even harder.
I've always found the fights boring to watch in previous Persona animes but this one was pretty cool.

cj_iwakura

Really enjoyed the anime, the wait just became even harder.
I've always found the fights boring to watch in previous Persona animes but this one was pretty cool.

I really enjoyed the first P4 anime and Devil Survivor, but no one seems to like the second one but me.

I really enjoyed the first P4 anime and Devil Survivor, but no one seems to like the second one but me.

I liked the first P4 anime but DS didn't manage to hold my attention even though I love the game.
P4GA was mediocre except for a couple of episodes but it gave us a few more fantastic tunes so all is forgiven.

Setsu00

Speaking of Yusuke:
The scene with him in the café was interesting as it puts one of the scenes in his CM into new light.

DNAbro

The interview portion that aired in Japan of The Day Breakers broadcast has some new music in it. I would post it but I can only find it attached to the TDB anime so can't really do that.

_Ryo_

I enjoyed the anime for what it was, the animation like expected was kinda iffy. But what really has me excited is if the cases/missions in the game are similar to the anime story, because that type of investigative work seems like it would be quite fun. And it also explains a bit about how palace/memento and stealing peoples hearts and desires work exactly.

Gecoma

Anime was better than I was expecting, still ugly as sin though. Ryuji's VA is great, the "Captain Kidd" battle cry line was great (as it was in one of the gameplay trailers) but neither him or Ann got much screen time. Didn't expect
Yusuke
to have the most (out of the main cast at least).

There was an earlier trailer that shows the basic flow of how Mementos dungeons work too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtT0N9C4anM

Not sure to what degree the final game will have investigation elements, seems like you receive a lot of the missions through the Phantom Channel, but seems like there's at least some degree of out of Mementos leg work

DNAbro

What should the next OT title be?

Persona Community Thread |OT9| Emancipation for Japan
Persona Community Thread |OT9| Avoid coming here till 2017
Persona Community Thread |OT9| Still coming Winter 2014

Persona Community Thread |OT9| Available Now!
Persona Community Thread |OT9| SPOILERTAGS OR DIE
Persona Community Thread |OT9| The Rest of the World is Waiting...
Persona Community Thread |OT9| Go Play the Trails Games Whilst You Wait

Zolo

On the topic of the anime special, I know it may be anime-only(though a quest that seemed similarly titled was found), but one thing stuck out:

Using the protagonist's cafe as a bait seems risky since it could lead to people making connections by interviewing the suspects about their last few days.

Jintor

i just had a thought.

think it would be decent for me to import a jpn ps3 version since i don't actually have/can afford a ps4 atm, and then just buy the english ps4 version later?

On the topic of the anime special, I know it may be anime-only(though a quest that seemed similarly titled was found), but one thing stuck out:

Using the protagonist's cafe as a bait seems risky since it could lead to people making connections by interviewing the suspects about their last few days.

It was a pretty well thought out plan, with lots of contingencies in place incase anything went wrong: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CrbbiMEUMAE50h6.jpg:orig

barybll

Banned

I don't think so.
Even if they extracted the fact that the card appeared at the cash register the phantom thieves are known to send cards to their victims so it would be just brushed off as their standard MO independently from where the card appeared at.

Ryuuji and Anne weren't seen either.

Standing from the viewpoint as someone who is totally oblivious to potter and co. I find it hard to trace connections.
Sure they got tipped off, but its also a very faint evidence, since an alarm at a store isn't that far fetched either.

Zolo

Persona 4 Platinum Announced

I don't think so.
Even if they extracted the fact that the card appeared at the cash register the phantom thieves are known to send cards to their victims so it would be just brushed off as their standard MO independently from where the card appeared at.

Ryuuji and Anne weren't seen either.

Standing from the viewpoint as someone who is totally oblivious to potter and co. I find it hard to trace connections.
I guess for the most part, it's something they can't really repeat or it could be taken in connections with other possible connections.

Jintor

uhhhh shipping to australia is so balls i might as well preorder from amazon and hope the preorder bonus isn't garbage i think...

HomesIice

uhhhh shipping to australia is so balls i might as well preorder from amazon and hope the preorder bonus isn't garbage i think...

That's what's putting me off from importing ;__;
I have too big a backlog anyway, hopefully that will tide me over till Feb '16
(((slash SMT IV: A?????)))

Jintor

well i just dropped a preorder on that sick persona 5 ps3 edition in japanese. now i can hold off getting a ps4 for a while

Satsuya K.

Neo Member
Anyone please PM me for the guest pass code to see the anime

Update: Never mind, found a code. Thanks for your kindness here.

Second Update: It's decent, some flaws though like the look of the characters look too realistic and over-exaggerating (at least to me). It gives me the P2 Innocent Sin vibes (Kazuya's position resembles Hiroki Sugimoto who spreaded a rumor that he is stronger than the Gang Leader Eikichi).

well i just dropped a preorder on that sick persona 5 ps3 edition in japanese. now i can hold off getting a ps4 for a while
I did the same :D I'll probably be buying a PS4 as soon as their price drop a bit, as I'd really like to get Gravity Rush 2 when it comes out, but at least we can wait after the Slim/Neo announcement.

Zolo

One thing I'll admit that I liked about the episode was the conflict of a domestic abuse case between an older brother to his younger brother. Generally, the stories usually go for women being the victims, so I like that it was kinda different in that regard.

_Ryo_

Anime and general P5 thoughts.

Hmmm. I think I actually agree with Goro. Reforming someone and forcibly altering their heart and desires are two separate things. One aims to make an individual rationally come to the conclusion that what they're doing is not right, but its not a garunteed thing that the subject will agree with, while the other is literally reaching into their subconscious and changing their beliefs which is in my opinion absolutely a type of brainwashing and is wrong

I think it'd be neat if a government/new group try to reform the phantom theives, in a different way and make them see that while they're trying to do the right thing, they're going about it the wrong way. Or maybe like in the previous two games there will be an end game deity, and its purpose this time is making the world and the phathom thieves specifically realize that they're doing the wrong thing.

Top Bottom