• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Series Surpasses 22 Million Sales,

Celcius

°Temp. member
Persona 5 Royal was my first Persona, then I also enjoyed Persona 5 Strikers and Persona 3 Reload afterwards. I'm now a big fan of the series and the sales are well deserved.

Persona 6 next would be nice but I'd be equally happy with a Persona 4 Remake, though I doubt they'd do 2 remakes back to back.

Doom85

Looking Cool, Joker

Morgana: “Now let’s go to bed!”
Joker: “But it‘s like only 6:30, and I had a few things I-“
Morgana: “Bitch, did I stutter?!”

I’m personally much more hyped for Metaphor….Hashino never once disappoint me.

It definitely looks cool, but I am hopeful that for P6, they start to break out of the norm, for as much as I enjoyed P5, some elements were getting overly familiar: you’re a transfer student who has to live with someone new for a year just like 4, Ryuji feels not too different from Junpei and Yosuke, the reveal of a villain for both 4 and 5 shared some similarities, etc. Like, yes there was a good deal of different stuff, but I feel it could never impact me the same way 3 and 4 did simply due to enough of it feeling “been there, done that”.

Maybe 6 will just be more of the same and I’ll feel less enthused, but I really hope they’ve used all this time to really come up with some very different characters and stories than we’ve seen before.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum

It definitely looks cool, but I am hopeful that for P6, they start to break out of the norm, for as much as I enjoyed P5, some elements were getting overly familiar: you’re a transfer student who has to live with someone new for a year just like 4, Ryuji feels not too different from Junpei and Yosuke, the reveal of a villain for both 4 and 5 shared some similarities, etc. Like, yes there was a good deal of different stuff, but I feel it could never impact me the same way 3 and 4 did simply due to enough of it feeling “been there, done that”.

Maybe 6 will just be more of the same and I’ll feel less enthused, but I really hope they’ve used all this time to really come up with some very different characters and stories than we’ve seen before.
New team needs to change formula and make it their own like Hashino did with Persona 3.

At least let us be a senior this time maybe play someone with a disability (I don’t expect college)

To put some context to these new sales numbers we've gotten here, the Persona series sales were at 15.5M back in October 2022 right before the release of P5R/P4G/P3P on multiple consoles and Steam (except Golden which got released in June 2020 for PC) and gained 7 million additional copies from that and ofc from the recently released P3R in just a year and a half.

Congrats to Atlus and SEGA! 🎉

Last edited:
Top Bottom