• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

ty_hot

Then the corners... Sigh... I played against a guy yesterday who just ran down the wing to win corners intentionally and he scored 5 goals from corners against me. Like wtf, how can you not hate yourself if you play like that?

Is it me or are crosses way OP this year? How are people crossing so accurately? It feels like everyone is trying to be Sam Allardyce.

I lost a game, 4 goals from headers (from everywhere, close/far from the goal) and 3 goals shooting while holding R2 (ronaldo never miss those). Seriously, do people have fun winning like this? Playing on those small "bugs", just to score? Where is the fun in that? I lost 7x2 and for the first time I quit the game because it was annoying, the guy was literally alone, inside the penalty area, in front of my GK and he went to the side just to cross to ronaldo. Wtf.

Just so that it doesn't seem like I am a bad loser lol, yday I lost 5x1 and was completely ok with it, it was one of the best games even. Started loving 4x0 (it was my first match with Borussia Dortmund coach so I was completely lost), then on half time made some adjustments and then it was ok. First half I didn't shoot any ball, zero. The other team 8 :eek: that never happens (the opposite actually, most of the time). Its great to adjust the team and see how it really changes the way it behaves.

Ps. I won 3 of my last 5 games, I'm not as bad as I seem :)

Roulette

Youre playing on superstar with the fake players? If so then you get my props. I'm playing in la liga2, superstar, fake players and the game is hard as. Awful start but now in Jan and managed to climb to mid table.

Same, I dropped down to 18th in D2 with fake ML players. Halfway through season 1 and I've climbed back to 8th, but these games are not easy in Superstar. I feel like I always have a learning curve with new versions of PES, but this one seems tougher than usual.

Not really liking how many of my goals come from headers. Being closed down on every single time I get anywhere near the box is more accurate, but pretty frustrating. I can only hope it gets easier to score from drives and dribbling once I get some players who don't fall all over themselves.

Blablurn

I wish they would update the offline tournaments a little more often. It's difficult to get a good amount of points later on in MyClub.

GHG

Gold Member
I lost a game, 4 goals from headers (from everywhere, close/far from the goal) and 3 goals shooting while holding R2 (ronaldo never miss those). Seriously, do people have fun winning like this? Playing on those small "bugs", just to score? Where is the fun in that? I lost 7x2 and for the first time I quit the game because it was annoying, the guy was literally alone, inside the penalty area, in front of my GK and he went to the side just to cross to ronaldo. Wtf.

Just so that it doesn't seem like I am a bad loser lol, yday I lost 5x1 and was completely ok with it, it was one of the best games even. Started loving 4x0 (it was my first match with Borussia Dortmund coach so I was completely lost), then on half time made some adjustments and then it was ok. First half I didn't shoot any ball, zero. The other team 8 :eek: that never happens (the opposite actually, most of the time). Its great to adjust the team and see how it really changes the way it behaves.

Ps. I won 3 of my last 5 games, I'm not as bad as I seem :)

If I play someone who just spams crosses and corners I simply add them to my block list now. Life is too short to have these asshats ruin my enjoyment of the game.

I don't mind losing to players who play proper football with variety in their play. But when it's clear the person is just spamming long balls and crosses while doing nothing else it infuriates me. Where is the fun in playing like that? Since when did this become a win at all cost game?

Huh, I was just thinking yesterday when playing (strictly offline) how every single one of my corners go nowhere. Don't think I've scored from one yet.

What's the trick then?

ty_hot

How can I recover stamina? Only with the tickets?

I've been very unlucky, bought at least 6 special agents and none of them were even a golden ball. (black+golden= around 30% chance).

I started a new master league as Mallorca and holy shit this is a totally different game to playing as a top team. I'm finding it so hard to build up attacks and cut through teams. I'm having to depend on my full backs for good deliveries and exploiting the channels.

I love this.

RaginRoss

I've managed to end up going way over my salary budget in ML after being a bit too generous with some contract renewals. (£-1,348,970 to be exact).

Hoping it'll be OK here as i'm expecting to get promoted this season and the next seasons budget should be higher. Wages seem to come off on the 1st of January, so the new budget should kick in once the new season starts in the summer.

Anyone had this happen? Just a bit paranoid as I know back in the olden days it'd be a game over if the season ended with you unable to afford your players.

butman

I started a new master league as Mallorca and holy shit this is a totally different game to playing as a top team. I'm finding it so hard to build up attacks and cut through teams. I'm having to depend on my full backs for good deliveries and exploiting the channels.

I love this.

Same here. And with fake players is quite a challenge. Rival AI is amazing.

Onemic

Compared to Fifa 17, how good is PES teammate AI on defense? I find that in Fifa, your teammates on defense essentially do next to nothing and might as well be dummies on the pitch. Even if you command them to pressure the opponent they wont attempt a tackle and only haphhazardly get close to them.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Compared to Fifa 17, how good is PES teammate AI on defense? I find that in Fifa, your teammates on defense essentially do next to nothing and might as well be dummies on the pitch. Even if you command them to pressure the opponent they wont attempt a tackle and only haphhazardly get close to them.

It's night and day

10 x better on PES

Nyx

I've been noticing that many of my shots on goal go wide, to the point where it really becomes obvious.

Any of you guys noticing this? I'm using basic shooting settings.
Maybe I should use finesse shots more, I almost never do that.

Tau

Guys in myclub I can't seem to play any matches due to it stating "inegible players".

Some players have red exclamation marks in squad management would be nice what it actually means!!!

Cheers

Guys in myclub I can't seem to play any matches due to it stating "inegible players".

Some players have red exclamation marks in squad management would be nice what it actually means!!!

Cheers

Without booting up the game and looking my best guess is they would be ineligible because their contracts ran out and need to be renewed.

anthraxus

Banned
Is there any way to edit the vertical cam so it's more of an overhead perspective like in PES 5/6, say ?

On the demo that function is greyed out.

Don't like playing side to side and that default vert cam isn't cutting it.

Anyone else find pes really revs up the ps4 fan?! I can barely get through a 5 minute half without the whine of the fan being noticeable.. Annoying. This is after replacement paste too (which seemed like a good idea at the time)

"I get a little bit Genghis Khan" should be added to the OT title.

It's essentially just there as a reminder that I forgot to run Spotify.

As a convert from FIFA, I'm loving master league. The AI in PES can still be a bit janky at times (like FIFA) but the AI teams play with huge variety.

In FIFA, there isn't that much difference between Accrington Stanley and Barcelona. Accrington will just be a slightly slower version that misses a few more passes and tackles. The only thing that made much difference was AI formations with 2 DMFs, which used to mean parking the bus for a 0-0 draw every damn time.

In PES, there is a huge difference between a long ball team and a tiki-taka team. I often have to adjust my tactics because a long ball team is beating my high-line counter-pressure tactics.
It's also great that the AI's formation and some of their tactics are easily visible in the UI and menus. I can see the AI switch to a high line and know that they'll be vulnerable to quick counterattacks. It's much better than the invisible momentum system in FIFA, which tends to feel like a scripted cheat mode rather than a realistic model of an AI throwing caution to the wind in order to get a last minute equaliser.

Velurian

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaiPMpRS82E
Well i was not aware of this before.
Bought the PC version, because the gameplay was decent and I felt like PES deserves some love.
This however, is dissapointing.

Btw, is there an option to swtich between tactics on the file like in Fifa? High pressure? Offside trap? Defencive? Agressive?

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Just so you guys know since I couldn't see it posted the game is getting a 4K update for PS4 Pro.

"With the advent of Sony’s new PlayStationPro® format, KONAMI’s November 1.03 update will introduce a 4K resolution mode within PES 2017, adding greater visual definition running at 60FPS. The 1.03 update will also see the introduction of key elements centred on KONAMI’s premier partnership teams: Liverpool and Borussia Dortmund. KONAMI has entered into long term partnerships with both teams and November will see extensive additions designed to reflect the match day experience at the English and German clubs."

Btw, is there an option to swtich between tactics on the file like in Fifa? High pressure? Offside trap? Defencive? Agressive?

Yes. You can switch how aggressive you push forwards in exactly the same way as FIFA, with 5 levels of aggressive/defensiveness. Selectable on the fly by double tapping up/down on the D-pad.

You can also enable an option to have 3 preset tactics accessible on the fly, which work the same way as FIFA's. Double tap left and right on D-pad to switch them.

PES also has a third advanced tactics option, where you can assign 2 special attacking and 2 special defensive moves. These are turned on or off by holding L2 and four corresponding D-pad directions.
These special tactics are stuff like "attacking full-backs", "gegenpress", "all-out defence" or "last man to reach the box is a wanker". I may be mis-remembering the name of that last one.
IIRC, FIFA had some of these too, since I seem to remember being able to choose "switch wings" and "CB joins attack" on the fly.

Offside trap is a separate option that can be manually triggered in PES, though I can't remember the command.

So basically, it's the same as FIFA. Though in my experience, the tactics have a larger effect on AI behaviour in PES than in FIFA.

ty_hot

Got to the semi finals in an online competition. I was playing with Uruguay. This is the best game mode for me, you always get to play against not so good teams, so player abilities count more. Its a blessing not to play against Messi/Ronaldo all the time.

Never qualified in the 16 best in MyClub competitions though.

ty_hot

Where are all my stamina recoveries? I had around 6 for the team and more than 10 for players... Suddenly they are all gone ?!

Also, how does cloud match work?

Tau

Without booting up the game and looking my best guess is they would be ineligible because their contracts ran out and need to be renewed.

Thank you mate, worked a charm, contract needed renewing, but would be a lot easier if they highlighted what the issue is rather than second guessing!

ty_hot

They probably had his model done specially for him. Before the release they said some players from partner teams had better models (they went to scan them, not just make it with available in game options). Probably messi is one of them, off. For sure Neymar and Iniesta as well, they have very realistic models in game. They just don't want to throw old messi model in te trash because he decided to do *that* to his hair and beard haha

Melkaz

So i'm past the half way mark in my first season of Master League. I'm playing as Leeds in the 2nd division with default players only.

Right now it's a love hate relationship. At the end of the first part I was trashing teams left and right after I started using advanced settings(fake nr 9, offensive backs, high defence line etc). the AI had no idea what to do. Think I scored like 20 goals in 4 matches.

Then I got the winter champions message, entered the next game full of confidence and...I lost 0-1. Then I played 1-1, then I lost 1-2 and finally I won (barely) with 1-0. All of a sudden I'm losing all the duels, all my shots are blocked and I feel like I have 4 guys at the back and 6 guys in front, there is no midfield and I went from 60%+ position to below 50%..

Did the AI suddenly adapt to my tactics and is it 'exploiting' my offensive tactics? If yes this is mighty impressive and I guess all the team managers are in a chat group sharing tactics to beat me :p

I'm still enjoying it a lot, but it seems like every team is playing 5-4-1 against me. I have to work really hard to get chances while a few days ago I had at least 10 to 15 attempts on goal each match. Guess I'll have to adapt!

P.s. I like playing with the default match, but the amount of headers that go across the goal diagonally and miss the goal by 1 yard are pissing me off. There's a really godly forward in my youth squad but there is no way that I can pay his 1 mil+ salary. Right now I'm having 10 mil+ in transfer money but nothing to pay wages with :( Hopefully promotion to the Premier League will give me more room.

ty_hot

Yes, the AI is very impressive. No wonder there is a 'win 6 matches in a row in the highest difficulty' trophy. They adapt very well, you need to change tactics and be versatile. If you play the same they will not leave spaces for you.

LAM09

So i'm past the half way mark in my first season of Master League. I'm playing as Leeds in the 2nd division with default players only.

Right now it's a love hate relationship. At the end of the first part I was trashing teams left and right after I started using advanced settings(fake nr 9, offensive backs, high defence line etc). the AI had no idea what to do. Think I scored like 20 goals in 4 matches.

Then I got the winter champions message, entered the next game full of confidence and...I lost 0-1. Then I played 1-1, then I lost 1-2 and finally I won (barely) with 1-0. All of a sudden I'm losing all the duels, all my shots are blocked and I feel like I have 4 guys at the back and 6 guys in front, there is no midfield and I went from 60%+ position to below 50%..

Did the AI suddenly adapt to my tactics and is it 'exploiting' my offensive tactics? If yes this is mighty impressive and I guess all the team managers are in a chat group sharing tactics to beat me :p

I'm still enjoying it a lot, but it seems like every team is playing 5-4-1 against me. I have to work really hard to get chances while a few days ago I had at least 10 to 15 attempts on goal each match. Guess I'll have to adapt!

Down to adaptive AI.

P.s. I like playing with the default match, but the amount of headers that go across the goal diagonally and miss the goal by 1 yard are pissing me off. There's a really godly forward in my youth squad but there is no way that I can pay his 1 mil+ salary. Right now I'm having 10 mil+ in transfer money but nothing to pay wages with :( Hopefully promotion to the Premier League will give me more room.
Just had the same happen to me. Introduced Gengenpress to my Mallorca team around October. Won a bunch of games in a row 4-2, 4-1, 5-0 and my last three games have been a 2-1 defeat where I conceded both goals in the last ten minutes cause I went for the second goal. A 2-1 where I scored in the last minute to win and a 1-0 win where we scraped by. Teams seem to have adapted and are exploiting long ball against us.

I was playing against Southampton last night in my Master League with Arsenal. I'm winning 0-1. This win could see me go top of the league depending on the Chelsea score (turns out they drew). In the 86th minute Shane Long runs into my box and dives. The ref gives a penalty. The AI actually dived against me and reaped the rewards. Even the commentator said "Nah, I'm not having that. That's a blatant dive." But the ref still awarded the penalty and they equalised.

Never have I been so happy to lose points in a football game. I thought the whole thing was hilarious.

Every time I attempt a dive I always get pulled up for it. I obviously need to be more cunning.

ty_hot

Had a 6 win streak yesterday on MyClub. Then got to around 650+ points, and after that I played 4 matches (all with people around 700)... unbelieveable how all of them would play only with Neymar/Messi/Ronaldo (sometimes they had 2 of them). Before the match starts, I check play analysis, and I see that the guy plays 55% on the left side of the field... I didnt even need to check the formation to see Neymar playing there. just passing to him, running, crossing, scoring (then there is some good header in the CF position)... aaaargh this annoys me so much. And I played 4 straight games with people like this. There is the crosser type of player, the R2 shoot type (they will shoot from everywhere with R2 pressed) and the tiki taka + bad internet connection one as well. It gets on my nerves, and it seems that anyone over 700+ plays in one of this ways. I wonder how the number 1 in the ranking plays (probably a combination of all these :D )

Another thing I realized and seems to be a pattern: people that play with Borussia are usually very good, they are great defending, cover all spaces, intercept lots of balls. Same for Brazilian players (at least those that I can identify by playing with a brazilian team or by the name), they are usually good. But when I see the Real Madri emblem...... omg, they are the worst. Barça and PSG coming right after. Always playing with a single player all the time or using the crossing/R2 unbalanced scoring oportunities.

I want to renew my OF, install everything from 0. realized I was stupid to install Mexican and American league (lol), when is the next PES update? they said they will fix the crashing bug while updating too many teams, so maybe I should just wait a few more days/weeks?

does anyone have the trophy from scoring from really far away? I almost scored today from very far, hit the post =( not sure if it was far enough but it was definetely the closes I was to getting that.

Velurian

Installed psgalaxy patch 1.1 and now i cant get second controller to work. other than that, the game now looks much better, the proper team names/kits/faces are a nice improvement as well as unlocked resolution.

does anyone have experience with this?

Ranma

Installed psgalaxy patch 1.1 and now i cant get second controller to work. other than that, the game now looks much better, the proper team names/kits/faces are a nice improvement as well as unlocked resolution.

does anyone have experience with this?

thats because the imported images have sort of content protection.
Just enable the second controller after you have chose your teams (for exibition matches) or create another account on the PS4 linked to a PSN account (even a "fake" one it just needs to be there) and be sure to enable content sharing on the ps4 security menu.

Top Bottom