• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES 2017 - Pro Evolution Soccer |OT| The King's New Kit

SpaceHorror

I'm pretty sure I've read it elsewhere, but the transfer update is out tomorrow, right?

Anyway, I've finally caved and I'm gonna pick it up after work. My local Gamestop usually only gets 1 or 2 copies of PES in each year and the local Wal-Mart never gets it, I'd hate to not get a physical copy.

I never played PES only Fifa games. Does this have a Career mode like Fifa? I hope it's better because that's what I mostly play. I am willing to buy this right now if so. The demo is a lot better than Fifa 17.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I never played PES only Fifa games. Does this have a Career mode like Fifa? I hope it's better because that's what I mostly play. I am willing to buy this right now if so.

Yes, Master League, and yes it's better

This is coming from someone who plays FIFA more too

I never played PES only Fifa games. Does this have a Career mode like Fifa? I hope it's better because that's what I mostly play. I am willing to buy this right now if so. The demo is a lot better than Fifa 17.

Yeah Master League is more.... game-y than FIFA career but I like it more somehow. It's got that odd Japanese game charm and it tends to stay fun over long periods.

24hr

Going to hold off until I see some reviews for the PC version. If only Xbox allowed option files.

Lashley

PC Players post your impressions here. Not sure whether to get it.

I will if it's just graphics that are inferior and the gameplay is the same as PS4, since a mod will probably be released for that.

Bumhead

Banned
I checked PES Universe but couldn't see anything saying they'd release a free option file. Any help?

I imagine it's one of those things they will only release a link for when it's actually live. They've been trying to plug their paid versions up to now, which is their decision I guess (and yeah suckers like me will pay).

Still waiting for my email with the OF in, although to be fair to them they've always maintained it'd be the 15th when they released all this stuff, not today. Of course, if I get home from work tomorrow and still can't start a Master League then I'll be pissed.

Yaari

I will if it's just graphics that are inferior and the gameplay is the same as PS4, since a mod will probably be released for that.

Ah so the gameplay is the same eh? Maybe I'll have to get it for PC then too. I have a adapter for my X1 controller now so that's perhaps even easier.

Is the PC playerbase online healthy for these games?

Lashley

Ah so the gameplay is the same eh? Maybe I'll have to get it for PC then too. I have a adapter for my X1 controller now so that's perhaps even easier.

Supposedly so, yeah

I'm not sure on the playerbase, sorry

RockPaperShotgun seem to think the gameplay won't be the same on PC but they're a little unsure because Konami's communication has been so fucking awful. Thanks Adam.

PaulLFC

PES Universe saying emails are going out as of 5 minutes ago (not sure if it's the OF itself or just instructions on how to get it tomorrow).

Haven't received mine yet.

Some nice changes to ML, i started one as Liverpool and then started one with with Inter whilst waiting for the OF, just some things i've noticed.

- Players can learn new positions by just sticking them in that position for a while, i don't know if it then becomes their main position or they just learn it as a secondary one though.

- You can tailor training to the individual so they can learn new roles like "Box to Box", "Hole Player" etc. Default is set to basic so all stats get a growth of +1. focusing on a role will improve the stats needed to play it faster, whilst making others less of a priority.

- I got quoted 50 odd mil for a player, i can't remember his name though, never heard of him lol. An 18/19yr old CM with mad ball winning stats, at first it said "transfer broke down" as usual, but rather than having to wait a few days and going back you can instantly restart negotiations. I did that and yeah....they wanted 53 mil for him.

Rudiano

Banned
So Im watching a Fifa vs PES video on youtube....Bale looks amazing on PES and much better then Fifa, but then Ronaldo looks like shit on PES and much better on PES :-\

bbbbbbbbbbono9b.jpg

cccccccccdxrh8.jpg

video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LR-odcNxCRM

Pac3y

Bale looks amazing their, all they'd have to do for Ronaldo though is just lose his summer holiday lumber. He's not far off.

Robso

would this be worth picking up if I haven't played a football games since 07?

Try the demo if you can.

I'm pretty sure I've read it elsewhere, but the transfer update is out tomorrow, right?

Anyway, I've finally caved and I'm gonna pick it up after work. My local Gamestop usually only gets 1 or 2 copies of PES in each year and the local Wal-Mart never gets it, I'd hate to not get a physical copy.

Yes, squads will be updated tomorrow... thankfully.

Does it have online Franchise type mode?

I'm assuming you mean a mode like Ultimate Team on EA titles? If so it does.

---

PES World Premier League OF trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL261pa2xxQ

I'm gonna do it. Just pre-ordered on Steam. I've got the XB1 demo so I'll do my best to make comparisons. I just hope the gameplay is the same as console.

Steam says it unlocks in less than an hour(currently 9:55EST)

I'll be sure to post my impressions tonight.

Lashley

I'm gonna do it. Just pre-ordered on Steam. I've got the XB1 demo so I'll do my best to make comparisons. I just hope the gameplay is the same as console.

Thank you!

I have money in my steam wallet waiting, but want to know what it's like first

heringer

You are doing God's work here. Thank you sir!

Roulette

Anyone know if option files can update banners for teams? Rivals?

I watched a video with a PES 17 option file used. Most of the teams were capitalized "Like This" but a handful of unedited teams were "IN CAPS". That would shit me no end. Hopefully someone stacks up the options when they're all out and finalised.

PaulLFC

For anyone on the fence about the PC version, there's now a demo on Steam.

Anyone received their Option file download via email yet? I paid through paypal, and they havent sent it yet....
No, nothing for me yet. Some people are getting them though so they must be doing it manually one by one by the looks of it.

The email posted on Reddit says everyone gets upgraded to Gold membership on their site, should make it easier to access the OFs next year onwards:

Hey lads!

Hope you're all keeping well,

It's been absolutely mental at PESUniverse HQ over the last week and while things haven't gone exactly to plan through no fault of our own, we still have a beta file for you guys.

Basically we have learned that importing the Bundesliga at the moment would mean it would be overwritten on September 15th update from Konami. As you need to be connected to the Internet when importing teams and kits, there would have been no away around this. Also for reasons beyond our control, only one of our editors received the game Friday with another Saturday. This means that basically one person needs to import all the images whole others can help with the manual stuff for you guys to import team by team, it takes a long time. Attached it the beta version of what will be our official file. Simply download, extract and drag and drop to your formatted fat 32 USB and go to edit mode. Make sure you have no images in previously, then click import team select all and bang them in.

This beta file contains: Premier league, SKYbet, la liga and serie A kits, emblems, team names. As mentioned above, Bundesliga would be pointless before update and that will be rolled out as soon as the update takes effect. For the next week we will be continuing to edit the files and updating. That means the managers, stadiums and some other changes updated this weekend.

As you guys have supported and been brilliant along the way, as a token of our appreciation you will all be upgraded to gold members. If you are already a gold member, there will be a specials reward for you in a few weeks time. Below are the rewards for gold members and we will also be sending out a custom and fantasy kit pack folder this Saturday that will contain up to 30 kits for MyClub.

It hasn't been an easy journey, a lot has been through trial and error. Some of the created kits we had for licensed teams for third and fourth kits were conflicting so held us up but over the next few days, we will be updating this file fully. We will add the Serie b, Liga 123, Portuguese league and national kits as well as Bundesliga.

Thanks for the support and we promise to continue to work as hard as We can to get this file done over the next few days. If for any reason anything doesn't import or colours are off, please let us know asap by emailing help@pesuniverse.com
Best wishes The PES Universe Team

Top Bottom