• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PES6 and FIFA 07 next-gen exclusives to Xbox 360 for one year - confirmed

Shinobi

This isn't really news...it was said a year ago that 360 would be the next gen system to get the initial next gen PE/WE for a certain period of time. Most people just wrote it off as a mistranslation or something.

The FIFA thing though...that is something. I know it's not a well liked game here, but it is one of the bigger games in Europe. That 360 gets both for themselves for a year is pretty incredible.

RaijinFY

Elios83 said:
PES6 on Xbox360 is un upgraded port from the latest PS2 game.
Konami has preferred to not waste time on PS3 with that and instead they're focusing on developing the next gen Winning Eleven,PES7 will follow in Europe in fall 2007.
As for EA they're late with PS3/Wii development and they're having much more difficulties they want to admit, I think FIFA2007 just couldn't be released in a decent state this fall on PS3/Wii so they cancelled those versions.

Indeed Ive just looked at PES6 360 and It's barely upgraded from the PS2 version. People will stick with the PS2 version as simple as that.

klee123

I also wouldn't be surprised if PS2 versions of Pro evo 6 and FIFA 07 would outsell the 360 version in Europe anyways.

rager

Banned
Exactly Ajax.

This is no big blow to sony. The PS3 is not out yet, and after looking at the screens for PES6 for 360, I don't think sony has to worry about a thing. :lol

877_0010.jpg

877_0011.jpg

puck1337

sangreal said:
360 also had next-gen FIFA exclusive last year, which didn't do anything amazing for Microsoft
Say what you will, but these sort of exclusives do add up over time, even if they aren't massive damage right now.

DCharlie

Banned
This is no big blow to sony. The PS3 is not out yet, and after looking at the screens for PES6 for 360, I don't think sony has to worry about a thing.

so... looks like a cleaner hi-def version of the best sports game ever made and it's exclusive for one year. It's a loss no matter which way you shake it.

Of course, Sony fans will get to play the game some 12 months later. And the year will just fly by for those people no doubt! ;)

Xrenity

I love how Sonybots try to reassure this is NOT a big blow to Sony.

Come on. If PES exclusive isn't a big blow, it's FIFA.

RaijinFY

klee123 said:
I also wouldn't be surprised if PS2 versions of Pro evo 6 and FIFA 07 would outsell the 360 version in Europe anyways.

Lol of course they will, you're comparing a barely 1m installed base (360) against +35M installed base (PS2).

Just look at the pics, looks like KCEO handled it... :lol :lol :lol

EDIT: I mean seriously:

4573.jpg

DSN2K

I dont think MS played any part in this becoming exclusive, think its more down to the PS3 development not there yet.

rager said:
Exactly Ajax.

This is no big blow to sony. The PS3 is not out yet, and after looking at the screens for PES6 for 360, I don't think sony has to worry about a thing. :lol

877_0010.jpg

877_0011.jpg

Pro evo was never about the graphics. Having pro evo on 360 is a big deal to me and many others just because it rocks so much.

hadareud

The Translator
rager said:
Exactly Ajax.

yep. You are right, people always used to buy Pro Evo for it's outstanding graphics. This is also the reason why it is more popular than FIFA, the graphics.

Just look at this jewel from PES5
928799_20050817_screen026.jpg

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
muhammedsaeedalsahaf.jpg

Calm down, calm down Sonybots! There is nothing to see here! This is not a big deal! Sony is still in control! We will triumph over the Great Satan that is M$!

Ajax

Banned
puck1337 said:
Say what you will, but these sort of exclusives do add up over time, even if they aren't massive damage right now.

They.

are.

not.

exclusives.

MS is just exploiting an opportunity with their bullshit PR talk. These games were planned for 2007 for PS3 all along.

klee123

ChrisAllenFiz said:
well duh! of course they will. what`s that got to do with anything?

Well, not sure about fifa, but with Pro evo 6 on 360 not looking much better than the PS2 version, it's hardly a huge blow on Sony.

The only way I can see it being a huge problem is in PES was exclusive on 360 period.

C4Lukins

It isn't so much that this is going to "kill" Sony, it is big because it is going to help sell 360's in Europe, and may help them cut into the Playstation market there. If you think about it, is there a bigger Next Gen exclusive they could have landed in Europe?

C4Lukins

Ajax said:
They.

are.

not.

exclusives.

MS is just exploiting an opportunity with their bullshit PR talk. These games were planned for 2007 for PS3 all along.

It is really a lot closer to 2008, but yeah 2007 sounds better.

Ajax

Banned
Seriously if you guys knew anything about PES and FIFA you would know that this is not news and MS is trying to make it look like it is.

Ajax said:
They.

are.

not.

exclusives.

whatever it is it still means i will be playing a new pro evo game on 360. For a year before Konami releases a new one for most likely both 360 and ps3. This is a big deal dont fool yourself.

Ajax said:
They.

are.

not.

exclusives.

Which step was DENIAL? :lol

I laugh at people claiming this is just the result of EA being behind on PS3 development.. I mean, since when has this EVER stopped EA from releasing a shitty rushed game to the market? :lol

sangreal

Ajax said:
They.

are.

not.

exclusives.

:lol how does that make them not exclusive?

hadareud

The Translator
Ajax said:
Seriously if you guys knew anything about PES and FIFA you would know that this is not news and MS is trying to make it look like it is.
you're right.

I apologise, it's actually a blow for MS.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ajax said:
This is news. FIFA and PES will not sell a lot of systems, but these kind of things are the ones that MS needs to change its horrible perception in Europe.

klee123

As long as the PS2 versions of the games exists, it really doesn't mean much. Anyone thinking this is a huge upper hand for MS is deluding themselves.

Ajax

Banned
Funky Papa said:
This is news. FIFA and PES will not sell a lot of systems, but these kind of things are the ones that MS needs to change its horrible perception in Europe.

News have to be new. We already knew this. It's just MS serving it the way they want it to look like. That's why I'm persisting. Because there are people here who don't have a clue about these games celebrating when we already knew that there won't be any PS3 '07 versions. Anyway I'm not gonna repeat myself again. Xbots in this thread hear what they wanna hear. Bye-bye.

Xrenity

Ajax said:
Tell that to Europe's mainstream audience.
klee123 said:
As long as the PS2 versions of the games exists, it really doesn't mean much. Anyone thinking this is a huge upper hand for MS is deluding themselves.
Maybe this does mean something for NEXT GEN.

rager

Banned
The only way it will be considered BIG news is if it was PERMANENTLY exclusive. It is not. And knowing EA rep, the PS2 version will have more features. The PS2 version will be cheaper with more people playing online. AND will be playable via BC on the PS3.

I agree that this is just PR hype.

Ajax said:
News have to be new. We already knew this. It's just MS serving it the way they want it to look like. That's why I'm persisting. Because there are people here who don't have a clue about these games celebrating when we already knew that there won't be any PS3 '07 versions.

360 had a fifa game at launch i thought for sure ps3 would get one. I mean they are getting madden and stuff for launch right? Its EA did you really think fifa would not be at launch?

rager said:
The only way it will be considered BIG news is if it was PERMANENTLY exclusive. It is not. And knowing EA rep, the PS2 version will have more features. The PS2 version will be cheaper with more people playing online. AND will be playable via BC on the PS3.

ROFLMFAOPOM :lol

Seriously WTF? :lol

The damage control has reached fantastic extremes!

DarienA

The black man everyone at Activision can agree on
SNUG REVOL said:
I thought xbots were the masters at damage control, but this thread is filthy with Sony Damage control experts.

Reading the commentary in this thread... would you truly consider them experts[/]b?

3rdman

SNUG REVOL said:
I thought xbots were the masters at damage control, but this thread is filthy with Sony Damage control experts.

We've had more practice being the constant underdog after all. :D

C4Lukins

Kabuki Waq said:
360 had a fifa game at launch i thought for sure ps3 would get one. I mean they are getting madden and stuff for launch right? Its EA did you really think fifa would not be at launch?

It appears that you are not a member of the secret WE club that has known about this for years, and somehow failed to mention it to the rest of GAF.

Pug

Fifa and PES are systems sellers in Europe, sales of these games prove it. What people of got to understand is where the Xbox had to wait for these big hitters months after they appeared on PS2, MS has turned this around for for the 360. Two of the biggest franchises in Europe, FIFA and GTA will now launch before or the same time, I would find it amazing that anybody could deny that this is a major postive for MS in Europe.

rager said:

12 months of next gen, hi-def, pro evo goodness. :D

no way to damage control that.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Ajax said:
News have to be new. We already knew this. It's just MS serving it the way they want it to look like. That's why I'm persisting. Because there are people here who don't have a clue about these games celebrating when we already knew that there won't be any PS3 '07 versions. Anyway I'm not gonna repeat myself again. Xbots in this thread hear what they wanna hear. Bye-bye.

So...becuase people already knew it was happening, its not a good thing for MS? Or because MS didnt pay for it to not come out on PS3 for a year...its not a good thing for MS?

I thought i had heard something similar to this at E3 some time but i dont see why you have such a problem with MS presenting it as exclusive for a year, it IS exclusive for a year.

Also I think the screens they've shown look pretty good for a port, PES4 & 5 look awful on my HDTV, a total jaggie mess, 720p will make it look a lot better i have no doubt.

jjasper

The Winning Eleven thing isn't news, I had assumed as much from the beginning. Seeing has how nothing of a PS3 version had been shown or talked about. FIFA on the other hand was a little unexpected seeing how EA put something out a 360 launch. I don't think moneyhats were involved in either case. Cause if there were I doubt the PS2 version would exist.

Anyway this thread will probably on with some people downplaying it and another overstating how important it is.

DSN2K

looking at the game itself I'm unimpressed with the screens and movies shown, not a very big upgrade on PES5 visually and animation still looks like a PS2 game.

but I will buy it, and play it regardless.

Hopefully the next game will be made from the ground up on one of the next Gen Platforms.

Anyone thinking that people will buy the PS2 version needs to remember how many people moaned about the BC Xbox PES5 version (no widescreen), looks awful scaled up to 720 etc

Top Bottom