• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PewDiePie defends Polish politician who believes women are less intelligent than men

Status
Not open for further replies.
YouTube’s Felix ‘PewDiePie‘ Kjellberg has posted a video defending politician Janusz Korwin-Mikke, a far-right Polish MEP who was suspended from European parliament for branding women “weaker, smaller and less intelligent.”

PewDiePie, who has 56 million subscribers on YouTube and is the site’s most popular video maker, uploaded the video titled ‘This man has -1000 respect for women and the reason why might SHOCK you’ to his channel, in which he discussed Korwin-Mikke’s interview earlier this year with Good Morning Britain hosts Piers Morgan and Suzanne Reid. During the interview, Piers asks Korwin-Mikke if he believesl that women are less intelligent than men, to which he replies: “Yes, of course.”

PewDiePie, who was the subject of controversy earlier this year following a Wall Street Journal report regarding “anti-Semitic” jokes featured in his videos, appears at the end of the video to discuss his thoughts on the interview with Korwin-Mikke. “The first time I watched this, my initial reaction was ‘holy s*** this guy is insane, what the f*** is he saying? He’s definitely sexist,'” he said. “But second time I watched it, interpreting all his stumbling and mumbling, I understand what he’s trying to say. Like he said many times, he’s not saying women should earn less, he’s saying they are because of these reasons.”

PewDiePie continued: “I don’t know if there’s a statistic that shows that women in general are less intelligent than men, and if there is I’d say ‘what’s the f***ing point?'”

PewDiePie then went on to discuss the gender wage gap. “What they did with the gender gap is they took all men, and all women, and did a median on it and said ‘oh okay, women earn this amount less than men in general,'” he said.”What they didn’t take into account was pretty much anything at all, like women working less hours, women choosing less high-paying jobs and so on.” He concluded: “If you’re a female watching this, I want you to know that you are not what the media or politicians or people on Twitter try to tell you… or even what I am [trying to tell you]. You’re not weak, you are not less privileged, you are strong. I think it’s a real unhealthy way of looking at things. What happened to ‘I am a woman hear me roar?’ It’s become ‘I am a woman, I earn less than men'"

Such insight

On Korwin-Mikke:

Korwin-Mikke is a notorious figure in Polish politics, with him having previously been suspended from parliament as a result of sexist comments he made regarding the pay gap between men and women. Speaking in March, he said: “Of course women must earn less than men because they are weaker, they are smaller, they are less intelligent. They must earn less.” He later added that there is a “20th century stereotype that women have the same intellectual potential as men,” saying that it “must be destroyed because it is not true.” He was also suspended in 2015 for calling migrants “human garbage” (via Unian), suspended again for raising his hand in a Nazi salute in protest against a German-led EU transporting ticket (via Politico), and also suggested that Adolf Hitler was not aware of the holocaust during World War II. He has also previously been condemned by his fellow MEPs for stating that the “minimum wage should be destroyed as we would be treating 20 million young Europeans like n******.”

Source: http://www.craveonline.com/design/1...olitician-believes-women-less-intelligent-men

It's really scary to me that kids look up to PDP when he spews bullshit like this. Looks like the previous nazi stuff was not a one-off thing. Big surprise!

Call me human garbage and call on your army of followers to dox and harass me if old

tenor.gif

So PDP claiming people haven't researched the context behind the wage gap... while demonstrating he hasn't researched the context around Korwin-Mikke.

Or just deliberately ignored it so he could try and excuse the shitty remarks.

Wonder why.

cr0w

Old Member
Stop looking up to random ass people who got famous by playing video games on the internet and you'll stop being disappointed by them. Save your adoration for people who actually earn it.

KmA

Well Like PewDiePie, I too watched that interview twice. Except the second time I still came to the conclusion that he's fucking crazy and a sexist piece of shit.

Ivan 3414

Why do these dumb muthafuckin Youtubers not realize they're fucking celebrities and will therefore be scrutinized by their words? Pewdiepie keeps complaining about the media but he continues to give them ammo. Unless Pewdiepie wants to be some sort of political pundit why does he continue to open his fucking mouth about anything other than games?

barber

So I guess studies that show women doing the same job as men with lower pays (as in same positions, similar backgrounds) is all bs because of one that one guy said. Same with the lack of women at top positions, they just don't work hard enough.
Hope he realizes who he is defending (if he thinks he is "progressive") or that his fans realize who he is.
EDIT: kinda sad he defends that position when Sweden (his native country) has one of the most progressive and closest pay gaps, as well as social nets to allow women to take the "breaks" necessary to have children.

akira28

milkshake duck likes cherry pie milkshakes.

we regret to inform you...those weren't cherries. we've been out of cherries for weeks.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I just don't get why celebrities, especially one who's trade is to stream videogames would ever throw their hat in anything political or social. What's your motivation? Just shut up, make your videos and cash checks.

Lowmelody

I look forward to the meltdown of his channel getting suspended, one day.

The power he has over so many young minds is dangerous.

Slayven

Shitty dude continues to be shitty

Why do these dumb muthafuckin Youtubers not realize they're fucking celebrities and will therefore be scrutinized by their words? Pewdiepie keeps complaining about the media but he continues to give them ammo. Unless Pewdiepie wants to be some sort of political pundit why does he continue to open his fucking mouth about anything other than games?

Their lack of self awareness is killing their industry. They had the keys to the kingdom but wanted the lulz more. Respectable youtubers should be roasting him and others.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Inb4 all his Youtuber friends pretend the media is out to get him because the talk about the dumb shit he does and says.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
What is it with youtubers and shitty opinions. I get they are just 'normal people' and thus come with the same shitty mindsets, but power also has to do with it

tomtom94

You'll be shocked to learn that the entire alt-right is rubbing their hands with glee about the gender wage gap thing.

"When you decline to curate a culture in your space, you're responsible for what spawns in the vacuum"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom