• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pewdiepie just can't help himself with the N word...the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hip Hop

So what should happen if he does it again?

Rape Jokes

"He apologized"

Holocaust jokes

"He apologized"

Blatant racism

"He apologized"

Let's just move on though shall we?

Well, he is in the crosshairs now.

I'm sure they won't be as easy on him if he lays any serious derogatory terms again.

Piers

This is largely why I rolled my eyes in the previous topic because it seems like people were unaware that directing the deserved rage at his racism hasn't stopped him before, and all it's doing for him is giving his channel unwarranted traffic. What has to be happening in the long run is to starve him of any attention at all. (Which isn't to say that's easy, but it's ultimately what shuts down personalities)

Desmond

I'd feel nothing about being called a cracker (or the maybe more offensive version "cracka").
I don't think I've really experienced a lot of hate for the colour of my skin, and if so then I sure haven't seen it at any level even CLOSE to what other coloured peoples have experienced.

That said, hey I'd hope people wouldn't make a thing of it because of lax attitudes like mine. But again, I don't 'feel down' hearing it.
Of course we haven't experienced any hate as white people a hundredth of what other races experience (Fecking hell there's very few minorities in my country so I know nothing) I just find it hypocritical to use slurs in a thread where we are condemning derogatory slurs lol
Edit: holy shit I mean condemning not condoning

Dice//

Banned

Rape Jokes

"He apologized"

Holocaust jokes

"He apologized"

Blatant racism

"He apologized"

I was definitely one of the ones willing to say "It was a really, really shitty slip-up of his offline persona"... but yeah, this just isn't funny anymore...

Of course we haven't experienced any hate as white people a hundredth of what other races experience (Fecking hell there's very few minorities in my country so I know nothing) I just find it hypocritical to use slurs in a thread where we are condoning derogatory slurs lol

lol, in that case, yes, I agree. x)

Enzom21

People always want to take things way out context. If you've known me on gaf all these years you'll know I'm a very neutral uncaring person. Help the people that need help, ignore the rest.

boogie2988_middle_by_digi_matrix-db3h3ud.gif

Bully for you.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
Just went through the first couple pages and didn't see any grey'ed out names. Good job GAF... I think.

David___

Banned
Nah, you don't ignore stuff like this.

Exactly. All ignoring does is allow it to fester. Keep up the coverage then there's more chances that advertisers pull out due to nothing being done about the biggest star on the site being openly racist

jviggy43

This is largely why I rolled my eyes in the previous topic because it seems like people were unaware that directing the deserved rage at his racism hasn't stopped him before, and all it's doing for him is giving his channel unwarranted traffic. What has to be happening in the long run is to starve him of any attention at all. (Which isn't to say that's easy, but it's ultimately what shuts down personalities)
Ignoring racism is not the answer. In fact, bringing attention to this issue was exactly what got him into trouble on the first place and ended up having companies start pulling their funding and ads from YouTubers.

joecanada

He's largely put out trash since the beginning of rape jokes and screaming incessantly. But hey you say that a year ago and get called a salty jealous hater on here. It's worse now although as others have mentioned you don't just start screaming racist obscenities, he's probably been hiding it as best he could just dying to get the real him out there.....

and now it is. a total fucking douche.

all kinds of threads but especially these have taught me that my own child

1. will never have a computer in their private bedroom (to be used in private without supervision I mean)
2. will not have a locked or otherwise private/hidden social account
3. will not play games online without some basic oversight (sad you would think something like twitch would be a good hobby for a girl to make a bit of money if she was so inclined but nope its a shithole).

wandering

Banned

He has 50 million subscribers, how do you propose starving him of attention?

Tagyhag

Rape Jokes

"He apologized"

Holocaust jokes

"He apologized"

Blatant racism

"He apologized"

It's the gun control counter "We need a few weeks of mourning before talking of fixing it. Whoops! Happened again! Reset the clock."

People always want to take things way out context. If you've known me on gaf all these years you'll know I'm a very neutral uncaring person. Help the people that need help, ignore the rest.

People are getting gunned down in the streets and their murderers are getting paid vacations for it.

Believe it or not, situations like these are the foundation for such occurrences.

Apathy is the same as enabling.

Nanashrew

Banned

I mean, you can't be neutral on the subject of racism because you are one or not, or you support it or don't.

He's two strikes away before his channel gets taken down, right?
Hm, I don't know if it works that way. Was the Firewatch thing an actual takedown with a strike? And aren't those Let's Plays mostly split in multiple videos already, making it more strikes then?

Will YouTube take down his channel?
No. Youtube (and Google in general) has proven time and time again they are OK with people pushing racism and other disgusting stuff through their channels.

ViolentP

I've never know much about this guy so the first time he said something ignorant, I knew it wasn't for me and completely forgot about him. GAF seems to be working hard to ensure he stays a relevant topic of conversation for some reason I don't quite understand, however.

Well, catching yourself before saying shit like that is better than nothing, which is where he was at before.

The dude isn't going anywhere anytime soon and his influence is only growing. The more self-aware he is about the words and language he uses the better.

Hopefully he continues to be aware and works to remove that shit from his vocabulary entirely.

David___

Banned
Hm, I don't know if it works that way. Was the Firewatch thing an actual takedown with a strike? And aren't those Let's Plays mostly split in multiple videos already, making it more strikes then?

AFAIK, he only did a single video which is what they DMCA'ed. If so then that would only be one strike

What if people don't care about it or if a person ignores it completely. Which category do they fall in?
Being complicit is being in support of it

pigeon

Banned
This is largely why I rolled my eyes in the previous topic because it seems like people were unaware that directing the deserved rage at his racism hasn't stopped him before, and all it's doing for him is giving his channel unwarranted traffic.

How, exactly, is a thread about him using racial slurs giving his channel traffic?

Dice//

Banned
I've never know much about this guy so the first time he said something ignorant, I knew it wasn't for me and completely forgot about him. GAF seems to be working hard to ensure he stays a relevant topic of conversation for some reason I don't quite understand, however.

I feel the amount of "ink" wasted here could have been better spent asking what's up.

If you don't care, don't post.

Piers

Ignoring racism is not the answer. In fact, bringing attention to this issue was exactly what got him into trouble on the first place and ended up having companies start pulling their funding and ads from YouTubers.

And he's back again. For the fourth time.

L Thammy

There are, what, 0.6 million users on GAF? Versus 57 million subscribers Pewdiepie has on YouTube?

Everyone on GAF should just stop posting on Pewdiepie threads and watching his videos. When he's lost 1% of his revenue he'll have a change of heart.

/s /s /s i cannot believe that people are actually saying this kind of shit

Gator86

Well, he is in the crosshairs now.

I'm sure they won't be as easy on him if he lays any serious derogatory terms again.

"There's no way Trump makes it past this controversy!"

Unless someone mounts a well-orchestrated campaign to DMCA him straight to hell or something else that directly strikes at a revenue stream in some way, nothing will change. People love supporting trash. He's not just going to wither away and disappear because he's a relentless piece of shit. That's not how real life works unfortunately.

Gbraga

I'm really surprised Youtube still didn't do anything about it.

I get that they like the money he makes them, but not even a timed suspension or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom