• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phantasy Star Online 2 Import |OT3| PS4 ways to play

kollapse

Neo Member
Starting to think it may not be legit - learned about it from a Shane Bettenhausen retweet, which he appears to have deleted?

ezodagrom

It was obvious it was fake as soon as they mentioned Switch, if there was a Switch version announcement, it would be announced on Japan first.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
It was obvious it was fake as soon as they mentioned Switch, if there was a Switch version announcement, it would be announced on Japan first.

Funny, I assumed it was fake when I noticed they mentioned Vita.

Like Sega would release anything on the Vita in the West in 2017.

;_;

lyrick

DBqP95DWAAEcWTC.jpg

Does anybody have some good gaming news today?

Tu101uk

That twitter playing the long con. Joined in April of 2012!

Wait why does it say joined 2012?

Did someone really make an account 5 years ago to troll us today. Goddamn
It was actually the original Twitter account for an announced western release for PSO2 but it sorta went... dead...

which is why people were freaking out when tweets were happening, but then the trolling became obvious. Hacked account probably...

OMG Aero

In case anyone tricked by that Twitter post hasn't been keeping up with the game, the English translation patch is pretty much as good as a western release would be and PSO2 is never going to be officially released in the west at this point so if you want to play just play it with the English patch.

rezn0r

Well........... that crappy Valkyria spin-off is coming.......

;_; x2

i hate that i've seen literally nothing good said about that game. even if i get it and like it i'm going to be going in with a negative attitude about it.

antibolo

Banned
i hate that i've seen literally nothing good said about that game. even if i get it and like it i'm going to be going in with a negative attitude about it.

I think the major problem is that the game apes on the VC franchise brand but isn't really related to it. If it were called something else maybe people would be less critical of it.

Well, my brother has once again gotten addicted to this game so we have been playing together over the weekend. It's still a ton of fun and the amount of content still has me catching up on lots of stuff!

I popped into this thread because it looks like we will be getting some Episode 5 info for the first time on the PSO2 Station livestream tomorrow:
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/09134981.html

I wonder if we will get another new class....

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, my brother has once again gotten addicted to this game so we have been playing together over the weekend. It's still a ton of fun and the amount of content still has me catching up on lots of stuff!

I popped into this thread because it looks like we will be getting some Episode 5 info for the first time on the PSO2 Station livestream tomorrow:
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/09134981.html

I wonder if we will get another new class....
Oh, episode 5 info already? Nice.

I hope at least 2 new classes are added in ep5.

Are you still playing on ship 1? I might run together with you if we're on at the same time, although lately I haven't even been collecting my login bonuses.

You can actually pinpoint the second his heart ripped in half.

Man I always get so disappointed when I see PSO on the front page cause I know it's never going to be here. I played PC for a while but couldn't get a group and playing in Japanese on my PC was just rough. All I want is for it to be in english and on PS4 over here. Come on SEGA. I'll stop asking for a JSRF remake if you do this for me.

Side note, is there any way to change any text or anything on the PS4 version by chance? I'm getting that itch again and downloading it for the 10th time on my desktop will make me feel like a fool.

Oh, episode 5 info already? Nice.

I hope at least 2 new classes are added in ep5.

Are you still playing on ship 1? I might run together with you if we're on at the same time, although lately I haven't even been collecting my login bonuses.

Yeah, it sounds like we are getting info about the final content for Ep. 4 along with first info about Ep.5

I forget what ship I am on. Pretty sure the last time I moved it was TO Ship 1. I think. Maybe. Heh.

We should definitely link up! I have been playing it almost every weekend with my brother.
Still really far behind and trying to get one class to 75 at least. I think I have finally settled on Braver as my main.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So, the first batch of Episode 5 information is out... New world is a parallel dimension with enemies looking like generic fantasy monsters. The new class announced is "Hero", which is proficient in all 3 attack type categories (melee, ranged, magic). I'm honestly disappointment with the direction - I want crazy aliens and wacky planets in my PSO2, not Japan/current age Tokyo/orcs and goblins. :/

Bumped has a live updated article if you want more details.

Freeman76

So, the first batch of Episode 5 information is out... New world is a parallel dimension with enemies looking like generic fantasy monsters. The new class announced is "Hero", which is proficient in all 3 attack type categories (melee, ranged, magic). I'm honestly disappointment with the direction - I want crazy aliens and wacky planets in my PSO2, not Japan/current age Tokyo/orcs and goblins. :/

Bumped has a live updated article if you want more details.

As opposed to walking houses, giant dinosaurs and evil toys? A lot of later content in PSO2 is crazy, orcs and goblins is much better than fighting a walking toy cupboard imo.

Man, they couldn't have picked a more boring looking fantasy world to set ep5 in. Even FFXIV is more sci-fi than this. I guess the whole "space adventure" thing isn't important anymore :/

Also isn't nerfing Weak Bullet like this basically just admitting that they cant balance their game?

Amherst_Wind

Neo Member
While this thread is here, I've returned to PSO2 after a short break, is there a way to increase an NT weapons grind cap without a copy of the original? My Crea Doubles is +33 and I see I need a +35 weapon to raise my class level cap to 80 but it seems there's no way to get that weapon anymore with Ethan gone.

I have a feeling the Fantasy world will still have plenty of awesome Sci-fi shenanigans just like Tokyo/Las Vegas enemies.

Class sounds like it could be fun to play. I am a huge fan of Hybrid classes in any game so it's right I my alley too. Might just be me but the design reminds me of some original Phantasy Star armor.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
As opposed to walking houses, giant dinosaurs and evil toys? A lot of later content in PSO2 is crazy, orcs and goblins is much better than fighting a walking toy cupboard imo.
Hey, Harukotan was where areas started getting super boring for me and I stopped playing regularly, so I'm against toys, walking cupboards, helicopters etc. as much as orcs and goblins.
While this thread is here, I've returned to PSO2 after a short break, is there a way to increase an NT weapons grind cap without a copy of the original? My Crea Doubles is +33 and I see I need a +35 weapon to raise my class level cap to 80 but it seems there's no way to get that weapon anymore with Ethan gone.

You can do the following:
1. Wait for a Collection File Revival. They sometimes happen.

2. Grab another collection file and try to get all the copies of the weapon from it. Short term ones are easy if you're available during Emergency Quests, since they happen so often and usually 5-6 runs can get you a weapon (don't forget about the PSO2es mobile app, you can do one Collection File search daily for free), but long term ones are less risky.

3. There's an item raising the cap in 13 star weapons past 33, which you can either get as a super rare drop in Battle Arena (haven't seen it even once myself) or buy from player shops.
I have a feeling the Fantasy world will still have plenty of awesome Sci-fi shenanigans just like Tokyo/Las Vegas enemies.

Class sounds like it could be fun to play. I am a huge fan of Hybrid classes in any game so it's right I my alley too. Might just be me but the design reminds me of some original Phantasy Star armor.
Phantoms in Tokyo weren't a terrible idea, but the PSO2 engine is very bad with spaces with a lot of big buildings. Tokyo looks like someone built it from cardboard boxes and painted windows etc. on them.

Edit:
Looks like the Bumped article has been updated while I was gone. Looking at the Hero class requirements, I guess I'll have to get one of the magic classes to 75 and I'm done.

OMG Aero

Edit:
Looks like the Bumped article has been updated while I was gone. Looking at the Hero class requirements, I guess I'll have to get one of the magic classes to 75 and I'm done.
It's so annoying that they count Bouncer as a physical class for that requirement. I have an 80/80 Fighter/Hunter and a 75/75 Bouncer/Fighter so if Bouncer counted as a magic class (which it totally is) then I'd only have to level up a range class, but now I have to get two classes to level 75.

It's so annoying that they count Bouncer as a physical class for that requirement. I have an 80/80 Fighter/Hunter and a 75/75 Bouncer/Fighter so if Bouncer counted as a magic class (which it totally is) then I'd only have to level up a range class, but now I have to get two classes to level 75.

Yeah, that just feels like a pointless grind, especially considering the extra gearing and MAG required to do that. Hopefully the Japanese players complain about this so it's changed. The trailer for the class looks fun, but if I have to suffer through a class I otherwise had no intention of ever playing just to try it out, color me uninterested.

Crystalkoen

So, who would one contact these days for an invite to the NeoGAF team? I shot a tell to Twentytwo last night, based on info from the old thread, but never heard back.

Top Bottom