• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Philips Hue |OT| And Siri said, "Let there be light," and there was light.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Oh wow, those Trådfri E14s would solve my living room issue brilliantly (no pun intended) if they can be controlled with Hue. With Hue I'm looking at a minimum of €130 for the non-color E14s. I need 5.

With Ikea at 7€ a pop makes it 35€. Too bad I might need the bridge to update them (?) that adds another 35€. What a waste. Maybe I can update and return. Also might need a dimmer to pair them. Another 15€. Could do the same or just keep it.

Anyway, need to look into it.

I spend the day looking this stuff up. I thibk E14 should work, but avoid charge 1724. Its not working yet.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
My motion sensors just synced with Home. I had no idea these things had temperature sensors.

yeah.. the ambient light sensor isn't perfect.. put it's good enough. mostly just seems slow to update and report back.

temp sensor seems a little off though. I'll put it in a room with my ecobee sensor tonight and see the difference. ecobee sensor I measured against 2 other thermostats and all three were within a degree. but yeah, the bathroom (where this is) measured like 68° while the two rooms next two it measured 72° (occupied) and 71° (not occupied)

anyway, just being picky. it definitely falls into the "good enough" camp. about the worst to say is I wouldn't use the temp sensor because I already have the ecobees, and they are consistent with each other.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
I really hope they announce a HDMI grabber this December. I become more and more uncertain about the big Entertainment update. There is zero information....

jts

...hate me...
I spend the day looking this stuff up. I thibk E14 should work, but avoid charge 1724. Its not working yet.
Oh thanks, that would be great if the E14s work out of the box. I think I'll take a leap of faith on them... if not working, I'll order the gateway.

What do you mean by charge 1724?

yeah.. the ambient light sensor isn't perfect.. put it's good enough. mostly just seems slow to update and report back.

temp sensor seems a little off though. I'll put it in a room with my ecobee sensor tonight and see the difference. ecobee sensor I measured against 2 other thermostats and all three were within a degree. but yeah, the bathroom (where this is) measured like 68° while the two rooms next two it measured 72° (occupied) and 71° (not occupied)

anyway, just being picky. it definitely falls into the "good enough" camp. about the worst to say is I wouldn't use the temp sensor because I already have the ecobees, and they are consistent with each other.
Yeah they are definitely not precise or at least well calibrated for temperature. My kitchen one reports 27ºC, which would be hella hot. My other 2 seem more reasonable though.

jts

...hate me...
The production series. Its some internal number. No idea how to identify them, its seems like its somehow printed on the box
Oh. Well I was going to order them online tbh, no local shop near me.

I will put off the plan for a while until things clear up.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Aye, I'll be getting a Nest next. At least now I know what to answer when I'm asked what I want for Christmas/Birthdays.

hue + nest... you'll want an echo too..

Maybe a wemo smart socket. We have one called 'kettle'. "Alexa, turn the kettle on.." lovely

FinKL

IKEA says, that every TRADFRI product with a production stamp from 28.8./Week 35 are directly compatible with Hue

https://www.iphone-ticker.de/ikea-t...ind-direkt-mit-philips-hue-kompatibel-117610/

They will also offer sockets, starting April 2018
Ffffff I bought an IKEA bulb because I thought I read it worked with Hue, then I read it may work later with an update. Now I see we NEED the updated bulb for it to work. Oh well one bulb not the end of the world. I got the IKEA bulb because it fits in my ceiling socket while hues did not

Anyone have experience with smart temperature/humidity sensors? I only see Xiaomi branded ones that have both sensors but am wary about them. I'd like to use the sensors to IFTTT things

sangreal

Got some LIFX mini color bulbs today. They seem to be almost exactly the same size as a regular hue bulb. Not very mini at all, except when compared to the gargantuan regular LIFX. I'm hoping to get these to fit w/ adapter in a ceiling fan that only takes GU-24. The hue doesn't work because of the odd shape and nobody makes a GU-24 smart bulb. The GU-10 bulbs are directional spots which won't work either

lifx.png

giga

Wonder if LIFX will even be able to make a normla sized E12 candelabra because they need WiFi hardware in every bulb.

Top Bottom