• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Physician-Age: Calling all students and doctors

Still haven't mustered up the courage to hit submit on my ERAS app. 40+ applications is not going to sit well on my newly acquired credit card. Plus financial aid doesn't come out til the end of the month. Funny how that works

The Peds shelf I took today totally fucked me up :x
How. Pediatrons are nice, gentle people, how could they ask tough questions. Babies are like little persons, right? You divide all the numbers by 5.

Still haven't mustered up the courage to hit submit on my ERAS app. 40+ applications is not going to sit well on my newly acquired credit card. Plus financial aid doesn't come out til the end of the month. Funny how that works
That's a lot. What are you applying into, derm or ortho?

nahlakhai

Good luck to everyone applying for the residency match. I remember being so anxious about it this time last year I built a desktop gaming pc to keep myself occupied.

I'm finding it hilarious my ' Old Age Psychiatry' rotation is a training post. It's a community based job, so I'm mostly working in a office having occasional home visits (with a senior doctor) and sometimes seeing patients alone in clinic. We have no ward.

Gonna feel so incompetent in 3 months time when I move to my next rotation (ENT)!

How. Pediatrons are nice, gentle people, how could they ask tough questions. Babies are like little persons, right? You divide all the numbers by 5.

That's a lot. What are you applying into, derm or ortho?

General surgery, and I had actually thought about ortho for a bit, but there's something about medical management that is lost I feel given my experiences. Ended up applying to 38 and still feel like it wasn't enough.

maxcriden

Hi, is this the right place for NP-GAF? Or at least GAF by association?

We're in Atlanta but my wife is about to graduate as an NP and we're looking to get back to SoCal, ideally SD. We're job hunting for her on several sites and local practices but I was wondering if any of you might be able to share any advice as to where might be best to look that we may not know of.

GiJoccin

Hi, is this the right place for NP-GAF? Or at least GAF by association?

We're in Atlanta but my wife is about to graduate as an NP and we're looking to get back to SoCal, ideally SD. We're job hunting for her on several sites and local practices but I was wondering if any of you might be able to share any advice as to where might be best to look that we may not know of.

from my own job search, a lot of jobs seem to show up on multiple sites, so pick one or two that you like. i like glassdoor and google jobs.

do recruiters spam call NPs too? i put in for a job on mdjobsite and my phone rang off the hook for a few weeks

maxcriden

from my own job search, a lot of jobs seem to show up on multiple sites, so pick one or two that you like. i like glassdoor and google jobs.

do recruiters spam call NPs too? i put in for a job on mdjobsite and my phone rang off the hook for a few weeks

Thanks, we've tried glass door as one of the sites but we'll check out google jobs! Recruiters do seem to spam call and spam email but it seems tough to know which are legit. We have looked up some to find good reviews and others to find really concerning feedback from recruits.

GiJoccin

From my perspective they're one way to find a job.

The way it works for me, the recruiter gets something like 10k if they get me a job, with the fee coming from where they found the job. So, offices would definitely prefer to not have to use a recruiter, but many of them have no choice if it's tough finding someone for the job.

I'm guessing it's something similar for NPs. It can't hurt to have recruiters looking for you, as they have every incentive to find you a job, but I wouldn't rely on them. Keep looking yourselves as much as you can, as you'd be a more attractive candidate if the job didn't have to shell out an extra fee for ya

Hi all, I know we're all pretty busy so the events of the last couple weeks but a bunch of us migrated to the other forum, Reset_Era.com (without the undescore). I made a physician thread over there so hopefully you'll feel welcome to join us.

Top Bottom