• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikimin 4 6 Minutes Overview Trailer Released

Draugoth

Gold Member

Learn all about the world of the Pikmin 4 game! Team up with tiny plantlike creatures called Pikmin and the adorable Rescue Pup Oatchi as you explore every corner of this mysterious planet. Rescue stranded castaways in strategic Dandori Battles, collect Treasures on the planet's surface and underground, set off for daring Night Expeditions, and so much more! Pikmin 4 launches July 21, 2023 only on the Nintendo Switch system. Pre-orders and a free demo are available now on Nintendo eShop.

Super Smash Brothers Throw GIF

Raven77

I've always liked the look of the Pikmin games. They look fun, charming, and look like they have great gameplay.

HOWEVER.

As a true idiot who finishes most RPGs with hundreds of unused potions, buffs, resources, etc. the idea of my Pikmin being used and discarded and destroyed is something that I simply cannot mentally handle.

Let me take you into a nightmare realm for a second, for those who are like me. Pikmin is equivalent to an RPG where you craft your weapons out of the potions and consumables you collect and every time you swing your weapon you lose some of them.

Sorry Nintendo but I just can't.

Last edited:
I've always liked the look of the Pikmin games. They look fun, charming, and look like they have great gameplay.

HOWEVER.

As a true idiot who finishes most RPGs with hundreds of unused potions, buffs, resources, etc. the idea of my Pikmin being used and discarded and destroyed is something that I simply cannot mentally handle.

Let me take you into a nightmare realm for a second, for those who are like me. Pikmin is equivalent to an RPG where you craft your weapons out of the potions and consumables you collect and every time you swing your weapon you lose some of them.

Really? Please tell me that's a joke. I guess OCD can be real but shit. They're pikmin dude .. how do you go outside? We probably kill an average of 10 bugs a day just walking around. Life is ugly, enjoy the wonderful cute game. You can deal with losing some pikmin.

I hope this game sells well. This is just such a wonderfully designed series. Hope Nintendo releasing Pikmin 1 and 2 doesn't also lead to burnout which could affect sales.

Saber

Gold Member
Tested the demo. Have mix feelings about it.

While the game overall plays well and remains loyal to its core while present new takes(like the dog, although a bit confusing to control between it and Pikmins), my criticism goes to dialogues. Theres alot, alot of dialogues and I feel like the characters never stop talking or interrupting my gameplay. Really hope its not like that in the final game.

Ar¢tos

HOWEVER.

Ever played Lemmings?

I remember playing one Pikmin game and it was quite enjoyable, but there was a time limit (for each day or something?) which stressed the hell out of me to the point that I couldn't go on. Are they all like that?

Hudo

Have Jim Ryan and Phil Spencer commented on it yet?

But for real, Pikmin is awesome (even though Pikmin 3 was kinda mid) and I can't wait for Pikmin 4

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Just started the demo, really early, graphically looks nice. But:
- They couldn't shade a nice fur on the dog? it looks in between shaders
- The cut scene animation is really cheap
- I can't stand the leading of the lines in the subtitles, way too long between them

stranno

I remember playing one Pikmin game and it was quite enjoyable, but there was a time limit (for each day or something?) which stressed the hell out of me to the point that I couldn't go on. Are they all like that?
They removed that after the second game. But the time limit in the first one was way more than enough. Last time I finished it with the best ending (all parts) there were like 15-20 days left.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Demo is great, once you get thru the tutorial there's seems to be a lot to this game because you're basically building a hub during missions that will give you missions. I'm leaning on getting a voucher for this and maybe Mario Wonder.

Fake

I playing the DEMO and I quite shocked about the quantity of cutscenes this game have. This is not the way Pikmin used to be. They really need to tone down the cutscenes.

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
I playing the DEMO and I quite shocked about the quantity of cutscenes this game have. This is not the way Pikmin used to be. They really need to tone down the cutscenes.
Agreed, but after you get thru this it becomes gameplay focused.

Krathoon

The pikmin are totally ok risking their lives to help you. They can't really think for themselves. They need a leader to survive.

Coney

Have they talked about multiplayer for this yet? I loved Pikmin 2's battle mode and wish they'd expand on that.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
I haven't played a Pikmin game since the first. Will give the demo a go.
You're gonna have your dome blown off. It literally incorporates everything from 2 onward and now has crafting and side quests. The demo has too much fucking talking but for that hour of just playing the game with no interference... I couldn't pull myself off it.

Alebrije

Tried the demo, the gameplay is great since keeps its roots and the new elements like the "dog" gives it a plus.. also the new allies gives substance to the game....hope it sells well so Ninetendo keeps delivering new games.

Top Bottom