• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pikmin 3 Photography Thread (Spoilers!)

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I find the OmiOnion in this game one of the most well designed "characters" in a game:

1uWwT8O.jpg

Blues1990

Go here.

miiverse.nintendo.net

Sign up with your NNID and go to your activity feed, your latest posts will show up.
Click on them and right click to get the image URL.

Thanks, dude.

Anyway, here are some of my photos that I've taken. I might add/change them on a later date, but I'm otherwise happy with these ones.

zlCfzRE48bUAKbSL-f

This one was taken at Garden of Hope, somewhere in the dark caves. I really love the shape of these illuminating mushrooms.

zlCfzRFEarsvk3aYoQ

This photo was taken in Tropical Wilds, near the molehill at the landing site, past the stone wall. To be honest, it was perfect timing for the little fella to pop out from the ground, as I was running various errands while exploring the general area.

zlCfzRGBb-k6PLtMAf

Another photo taken in Tropical Wilds, on a small patch of grass near the spicy berry flower. Out of all the captains, I think Alph is the cutest from the bunch. But Charlie is my overall favourite.

I didn't take a single photo my first time through, but a lot of these are really gorgeous. I especially liked some of the underwater ones and that flame one with Brittany and Charlie looking at the camera. Bulborbs are just creepy... Small little legs with a huge head/body and those weird noses and snail like eyes. ::Shivers::

Oidisco

zlCfzRFvMOAkUptzPF

zlCfzRFDJTAQCDSdYw

zlCfzRE9ojsaMeqH8H

zlCfzRE94yAS9zdxdo

The picture above, when you look through the tunnel in the Twilight River, all you see is this big bright light. Reminded me of Lost.
zlCfzRE9gdA2Lz8nu3

zlCfzREz-P80PhkczP

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Blues1990: Love the second shot. Just popping out of the hole after hauling up explosive rocks. Nice.

Vampirolol: A reminder of how the fruit in this game looks ridiculously real.

John Harker: Those shaggy long legs give me the heeby jeebies. Like that creepy girl ghost from the Ring.

Oidisco: The last shot is awesome. Just watching the world burn...

Been having too much fun in the mission mode to take pictures, but I rather like this one on one of my favourite subjects:

F0F655i.jpg

Always photogenic!

D-e-f-

Banned
I'd like to apologize for breaking the 3-pics rule but I amassed so many and it's easier to go through them all instead of waiting for someone else to post before I drip-feed another 3 into the thread.

The only one I've taken.

41r1jea.jpg

zbsro.jpg

I've got the follow-up to yours :D

1ksym.jpg

I love the mayhem that ensues when Pikmin are hacking away at a barrier.

2csog.jpg

It's so hilarious how they're all doing a backflip once the thing is destroyed. Look at the crazy Rock Pikmin at the top!

85shl.jpg

Got a big haul comin' in. Love doing these overview shots when they're carrying a lot of stuff.

25s8k.jpg

Rock Pikmin are totally nuts. I love it!

f4s0l.jpg

That boss was so disturbingly creepy. Yuck.

6aspk.jpg

Before at day's end.

i7stl.jpg

This thing creeped my the hell out, circling above our heads the whole time, not knowing whether it's friendly or hostile.

nkarafo

This game satisfies my eyes more than any "next gen" game so far.

I don't know if its the art style, the lighting, the naturalistic look or the color choices. Or maybe its because i'm tired of grey enviroments, dude bro or anime style "edgy" and hip characters and overly sexy women in melodramatic, hollywood-movie like games that take themselves way too seriously.

D-e-f-

Banned
This game satisfies my eyes more than any "next gen" game so far.

I don't know if its the art style, the lighting, the naturalistic look or the color choices. Or maybe its because i'm tired of grey enviroments, dude bro or anime style "edgy" and hip characters and overly sexy women in melodramatic, hollywood-movie like games that take themselves way too seriously.

It's probably all of the above combined. Pikmin 3 is one of the most gorgeous games ever but the occasional jaggy invasion and weird angle showing low res textures will overshadow everything and have the game dismissed as "meh" ultimately by the wider gaming community. Bet on it.

Fauv

Two photos I took during my playthrough. I always seemed to forget about the feature until sunset, when I had nothing else to do...

9TA2K8T.jpg

I love the look of Pikmin sticking out of the ground, especially when they're all stacked up close together.

aLh6z15.jpg

Closeup!

Platy

iojVt1x.jpg

^ This bastard charging me made it difficult to take a satisfying photo, but I really wanted to take these blue eyes.

While we're on the subject of creepiness, I stumbled upon this picture on Miiverse :

s55qSK5.jpg

You get this effect in his eyes with the flash apparently. Anyone who has ever taken pictures of animals would know this is an actual effect you're getting. I though this was an awesome little touch. But yep, still creepy.

Wow !

Awesome detail =D

I've been playing this for a few hours with a buddy when we have time. It really is a gorgeous game, the DoF is fantastic and the lighting is top notch.

kizmah

What an awesome and slimy bossfight!

Nintendo getting political. Captain is obviously staring straight at the player.

Jackano

I just wish Nintendo upgrade miiverse with native resolution screenshots. 800x450 is just lame when the games are running higher than that.

Oidisco

I keep forgetting that there's a Screenshot thread for this game. I already posted a tonne of pictures to the OT, so for now I'll just post a handful of em here.
zlCfzRIEIXkfAAPVxK

zlCfzRH_CmwH65SjUh

zlCfzRH-FHAGwd_XQf

zlCfzRH--rMjiMWNFf

I recently discovered that you can use the dodge whistle and captain throwing ability to reach places you normally shouldn't, so I've been taking a lot of pictures from these places. I found 2 places like this in the Garden of Hope
Frozen Tundra is filled with them. It's so easy to get up to ledges you shouldn't.
So far the Tropical Wilds has none, which is disappointing.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
omg beautiful shots

I completely forgot about the camera option in the game...need to stroll around and take some

The second and last pics are giving me the itch to break out the camera once more, well it would be nice to take a new snapshot for the GotY thread when the time comes.
If I had the patience I could spell something out of the pikmin themselves, something like
GotY
...too much work though.

Oidisco

Yea I've been wanting to take more pictures, but I was put off by only being able to take 480p pictures. I got used to using the web browser for HD pictures for other games and it was hard to go back.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Very nice job done on the shading and lighting research for this game.

Mendoza

This thread is like a photo album for a fantastic vacation I had. So many memories.

This game fucking rules.

zeldablue

Dang.
How they do dat subsurface scattering? It looks so good. So waxy and organic. I think I need to buy this game. :|

Dammit Oidisco, you've sent me for one more run with that last batch.

zlCfzRXGY9YLRILRXR

I've just now came to the conclusion that the Bearded Amprat is amazing, outside of battle it looks like a dope but when it unleashes the electricity it looks menacing and comes with one of the greatest pikmin devouring animations alongside the crab, it's funny how you don't really notice the little details until you watch the enemies closely, I only just now noticed the pond skaters have to suck up water and recharge after spitting around three shots.

zlCfzRXGMvstMgDtQb

zlCfzRQB6hktDz0pW3

zlCfzRQBuQcwMO0DCl

And I don't think I ever posted this one in this thread, as I said, the greatest of pikmin eating poses.

Oidisco

That last picture looks great! I'd love to take pictures like that, but I simply can't put my pikmin in danger like that.

Top Bottom