• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire - GAF Island: Under Volcanic Formation

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Believers Bluff, just as a variation :)

I'd be quite happy with this. Especially fitting if they have the island shaped somewhat like the shitty paint drawing I did on the first page.

JQnB7Ez.jpg

RbmZGi3.jpg

I actually think it would be good to submit all of these variations and letting Obsidian choose the one they think fits best for the game and the island itself.

So:
Believers' End
Believers' Folly
Believers' Bluff

And any others that pop up between now and Friday t hat seem popular.

Dmax3901

Hah, I like the dual nature/pun of that too. Whether intentional or not.

Intentional!

I think this one is my favorite so far but Foley works too.

The only problem is that I don't think you would name an island bluff, that sounds like it would be the name of a bluff on the island.

Synonyms according to google: cliff, ridge, promontory, headland, crag, bank, slope, height, peak, escarpment, scarp, precipice, rock face, overhang; rareeminence.

Headland in particular is fitting for an island.

Love those concepts, reminds me of both Wind Waker and Pokemon Sun/Moon, haha.

I'm going to be productive tonight. I think a lot of people like Believer's bluff/end. I like it too!

I am also going to submit all these nice artworks to Obsidian for inspiration. Thank you! <3

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
I'm going to be productive tonight. I think a lot of people like Believer's bluff/end. I like it too!

I am also going to submit all these nice artworks to Obsidian for inspiration. Thank you! <3

Do you know, or have Obsidian hinted at, if there are more things we'll be able to decide on about the island or is the general story/quest and name all we really have a say in this go around?

I remember the Inn encompassing a lot of details on the character, color scheme, architecture and decorative style and so forth of it all. So I wonder if we can request certain climate, terrain, flora and such for the island and other such things as well like say enemy types. Like lots of spiders, cause GAF sure loves spiders.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Anyone have any last minute brilliant suggestions? That is if the deadline hasn't already passed and the name was already submitted this morning.

Giolon

I liked Believers' End better, since I don't feel like "Bluff" makes as much sense for an island. *shrug*

The island sketches are great!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Do small islands not have bluffs or something?

They can and do, but if the island doesn't have a rather significant bluff on it as the major feature/landmark it is kind of odd to name it after such a geographic feature, despite the dual meaning. It certainly has a great ring to it, but might not make the most sense if they don't plan to design it like Vulcano's sketches, though they'd be crazy not to.

That's why I suggested earlier that it might be worthwhile to submit all three variations and let Obsidian choose what they think fits best. Believers' End, Folly and Bluff all sound really nice. So I'll be happy with any of them.

Labadal

They can and do, but if the island doesn't have a rather significant bluff on it as the major feature/landmark it is kind of odd to name it after such a geographic feature, despite the dual meaning. It certainly has a great ring to it, but might not make the most sense if they don't plan to design it like Vulcano's sketches, though they'd be crazy not to.

That's why I suggested earlier that it might be worthwhile to submit all three variations and let Obsidian choose what they think fits best. Believers' End, Folly and Bluff all sound really nice. So I'll be happy with any of them.
I agree, let them choose what they think fit for the game.

I expect recent events will have inspired some strong feelings about what sort of GAF-themed content is appropriate or desirable in Pillars of Eternity 2. I understand that Obsidian is already in touch with Shao Kahn about the issue. His coordination with other donors may be trickier. For my part, I don't plan on sticking around here, but as I donated some of my backer rewards to the GAF Island drive, I will keep my account open and honor the pledge however Shao Kahn arranges it.

I expect recent events will have inspired some strong feelings about what sort of GAF-themed content is appropriate or desirable in Pillars of Eternity 2. I understand that Obsidian is already in touch with Shao Kahn about the issue. His coordination with other donors may be trickier. For my part, I don't plan on sticking around here, but as I donated some of my backer rewards to the GAF Island drive, I will keep my account open and honor the pledge however Shao Kahn arranges it.
Great idea. I'm gonna PM him later. Perhaps a discord channel?

That sounds like a good idea. If anyone here is on the GAF discord (afraid I missed the boat on that one) or otherwise knows how to get invites to people who are no longer accessible here, that would probably help.

Damn, Shao is banned. Does anyone know how to contact him? Twitter perhaps?

Yeah, I hope we all can still put our heads together to create a great island and that Shao can return to helm it. I've got $50 in the pot for this island. Let's keep going with it and get Shao back where he belongs (that is, if he even wants to now...)

Damn, Shao is banned. Does anyone know how to contact him? Twitter perhaps?

I don't know his twitter. I may be able to dig up his email from paypal (since he used that for the GAF Island drive). Otherwise, I can ask the person I contacted at Obsidian to send my email to Shao through his point of contact for GAF Island stuff.

I tried emailing him at the address he setup for paypal, no response.

Not really sure what's gonna happen with this. Got $100 in on it.

I don't know his twitter. I may be able to dig up his email from paypal (since he used that for the GAF Island drive). Otherwise, I can ask the person I contacted at Obsidian to send my email to Shao through his point of contact for GAF Island stuff.

This might be the best option. Please post back on here if you hear anything. I'll be on here until then, I guess.

hemtae

I just got an e-mail from him. Since he didn't have mine before, I'm guessing he's using the emails he got from paypal.

Top Bottom