• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PixelJunk Eden Trophies List

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Wait, is Pixeljunk Dungeon something has actually been confirmed? Not just something people are wishing for?

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Pai Pai Master said:
Hm, does that mean Pixeljunk Dungeon won't be the last one either? They can go on forever as far as I'm concerned.

Dungeon will be the 4th game of the 1-X series I think. IIRC, there are 6 planned. Then they will start working on the PixelJunk 2-X series which, as far as I know, will be all about 3D graphics.

Loudninja

Yes, I forgot to mention in the blog that Monsters was one of the first games to support PSP Remote play too.

To 113 Vooz - it is offline three player co-op. To be honest, I’m not sure it is possible to have a game with these kinds of pixel-precise physics going on at 60hz with the lag that occurs for online play.

Once everyone gets to play Eden you’ll see what I mean but all the plants react and you grip onto them at any old angle or any old position you want. If there was even the smallest amount of lag the controls would start feeling sloppy and un-fun.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/23/pixeljunk-eden-trophies-galore/comment-page-3/#comments

Dylan updated his post with some YouTube clips that people from Sony made

First of all, be sure to check out the demo when it hits the PLAYSTATION Store tomorrow. Just a hint - if you explore the “main menu” you’ll find access to more than one demo stage. Also, to give you an idea of how cool the YouTube recording function works, here are a couple of videos taken by someone at Sony today.

This second one shows some 2-player action on a later stage, although the
demo and the full game feature multiplayer for up to 3 people.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/07/23/pixeljunk-eden-trophies-galore/

Wollan

Love the music. I laughed at a moment when he made a large plant fall and he had his web attached to the the tip basically creating a gigantic whip.

Ploid 3.0

I haven't been keeping up so this has online MP right, or is it local MP instead? Getting it anyway, I was just wondering.

Tntnnbltn

Ploid 3.0 said:
I haven't been keeping up so this has online MP right, or is it local MP instead? Getting it anyway, I was just wondering.
Higher up in thread:
To 113 Vooz - it is offline three player co-op. To be honest, I’m not sure it is possible to have a game with these kinds of pixel-precise physics going on at 60hz with the lag that occurs for online play.

evolution said:
Is this youtube feature something all future PS3 title can have in their games or was it just designed for this game?

It's not just for this game, but this is what jstevenson said about it

jstevenson said:
Ah, the YouTube uploading thing is cool, but it does require system resources that you need to budget for it.

evolution said:
Is this youtube feature something all future PS3 title can have in their games or was it just designed for this game?
Developers have the option to implement it into their games. It's not just designed for this game. That Japanese Idisso thingy or whatever already supports it iirc.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
SolidSnakex said:
It's not just for this game, but this is what jstevenson said about it

True. But it could be used "freely" for non-real time recordings. Like GT5P replays for example. I'm surprised it has yet to be implemented by Polyphony. Actually I'm not...

TTP said:
True. But it could be used "freely" for non-real time recordings. Like GT5P replays for example. I'm surprised it has yet to be implemented by Polyphony. Actually I'm not...

They've really got more important issues than that right now. But that's something other racing game developers should consider. Being able to upload replays would be a great feature.

The main games that should look to do this though are fighting games. Sony should help Capcom get this in place for Street Fighter 4. I think it'd be a decent selling point for the PS3 version.

Ploid 3.0

SolidSnakex said:
They've really got more important issues than that right now. But that's something other racing game developers should consider. Being able to upload replays would be a great feature.

The main games that should look to do this though are fighting games. Sony should help Capcom get this in place for Street Fighter 4. I think it'd be a decent selling point for the PS3 version.

Yes this would be darn neat for fighting games.

I was wondering what I'd use the youtube for in eden. Motorstorm 2 would make great use of the replay youtube idea. Especially if you could edit your replays in Motorstorm 2 (angles, slow motion, cut to the action, etc). Just edit in the game's edit mode that don't use much ai processing, then save the replay and convert it to youtube. It should be very doable, even for taxing games that can fit a replay feature in there.

deepbrown

Here's a new Dylan Cuthbert interview on Eden, he makes a mention of TTP, though indirectly :D

Patrick: We understand that Eden will support trophies. How many trophies will there be, and are there some incredibly tough Gold medals to grab?

Dylan: That info isn’t officially available yet, but if you look online you will see that someone has already leaked it and as far as I can see that info is correct.

He mentions more about trophies, custom music, and hints on future projects (Dungeons)... http://www.ripten.com/2008/07/24/dylan-cuthbert-talks-pixeljunk-eden-and-more/

womfalcs3

Banned
For the YouTube integration, how does that essentially work? I'm assuming there's a record feature when you pause the game, and then when you finish you sign into your YouTube account via the PS3 and start the upload process?

AndyD

aka andydumi
sykoex said:
I'm impressed that the videos are actually a decent lenght. No "30 second limit" type crap. Every game needs this feature. :lol
Can't wait till the demo goes live.

It seems Sony is using these small games to "pretest" future system wide features. HVB had the custom soundtracks, this and the cat game have the Youtube support, and so forth.

I wonder if at some point down the line the Youtube support will be optimized into the Dev tools as an optional feature just like everything else.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
womfalcs3 said:
For the YouTube integration, how does that essentially work? I'm assuming there's a record feature when you pause the game, and then when you finish you sign into your YouTube account via the PS3 and start the upload process?
That's exactly how it works.

sce04.jpg

Firewire

Banned
deepbrown said:
He said they might do something first :/ well there's lots of allusions there...

If they do something before Dungeons, I hope its related to Monsters in some way, maybe another type of tower game.

Baha

Has anybody seen the new eden trailer that was uploaded to the blog and euro store? In it they show some of the trophies including one called "3P no death". It's at the 1'30 mark. Does that mean that the 3P one on the 1st page is incorrect or are there 2 3P trophies?

Been playing the code for a week now and the trophies are harder than motherfucker to get. Getting all the seeds or flowers or something in the first level alone is really hard, because it doesn't say anywhere how there are in the first place.

Baha said:
Has anybody seen the new eden trailer that was uploaded to the blog and euro store? In it they show some of the trophies including one called "3P no death". It's at the 1'30 mark. Does that mean that the 3P one on the 1st page is incorrect or are there 2 3P trophies?

It says in the code I'm playing that you need three players for this achievement, it's the only one of it's kind in Eden's Trophies though.

Zoe

TTP said:

It's completely different tech though, isn't it? Youtube recording seems to be the same output as Remote Play whereas the GT5P replays are more like rerunning/rerendering the script of events from the race.

Jim

Zoe said:
It's completely different tech though, isn't it? Youtube recording seems to be the same output as Remote Play whereas the GT5P replays are more like rerunning/rerendering the script of events from the race.

I think he means invoking the YT recording feature during the replay, so that it doesn't affect performance while you are playing.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jim said:
I think he means invoking the YT recording feature during the replay, so that it doesn't affect performance while you are playing.

Yea. I think he means recording anything going on on the screen. Not just gameplay. But I do think its very different to record to youtube quality vs a real time 720p or 1080p stream.

Durante

Thanks for the heads-up, downloading.

Edit:
First impression: That font is nearly unreadably on my monitor, which I sit less than an arm's length away from. I can't imagine how anyone on a TV would read it. How did this get through testing?

Durante

Second impressions: Oh wow this is awesome. I always loved the ninja rope in Worms, and this is a bit like a whole game based on it. And an extremely beautiful one to boot! (Note: I haven't really followed this at all before so I had no idea what I was getting into except for a screenshot or two)

(Also bumping this thread since people should be made aware that the demo is out)

BeeDog

Durante said:
Thanks for the heads-up, downloading.

Edit:
First impression: That font is nearly unreadably on my monitor, which I sit less than an arm's length away from. I can't imagine how anyone on a TV would read it. How did this get through testing?

You must be blind or something, dude (or some setting is off). The font is very readable over here.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Do I have to delete the save file in oder to play the demo again? I think I collected all the Spectra available in the demo (4 in Garden 1 and 1 in Garden 2) and I can't access those levels anymore as it says to wait for the final version basically.

Anyway, sooooooooo awesome. I'm mesmerized.

Eden demo is like sex but it's the type you enjoy doing alone but more fun with others. Music and the whole style is beautifully blended together<3

Durante

BeeDog said:
You must be blind or something, dude (or some setting is off). The font is very readable over here.
Maybe it's their overscan scaling, but seriously, I play PC games in 1920*1200 with standard font settings and have no problems, yet their dark-red-on-black extremely thin font is really hard to read for me (the other colors aren't perfect but much more readable). That doesn't detract from the mesmerizing awesomeness of the actual game though.

satriales

That demo did it's job, I'll be buying the full game. The graphics are gorgeous in 1080P (no problems with the text).
I got 3 spectre from the first garden, 1 from the 2nd and 1 from the 3rd. I'll have to try doing them in a different order next time.

sonicmj1

Excellent demo. After you get the hang of it, the controls become very intuitive. I love the art style, and it's a lot of fun. Swinging around, nabbing pollen pods, and pollinating seeds is great.

It's restricted to five spectra in whatever order you get them, so you can try out different spectra in different levels on repeat plays.

sonicmj1 said:
Excellent demo. After you get the hang of it, the controls become very intuitive. I love the art style, and it's a lot of fun. Swinging around, nabbing pollen pods, and pollinating seeds is great.

It's restricted to five spectra in whatever order you get them, so you can try out different spectra in different levels on repeat plays.

Yeah. It does look like it will get quite a bit harder later on. In Garden3 you have this thing come after you which knocks you about and cuts your thread :(

I can't wait to get the full game and start unlocking some more Trophies! :D

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Katana_Strikes said:
Yeah. It does look like it will get quite a bit harder later on. In Garden3 you have this thing come after you which knocks you about and cuts your thread :(

Unless you roll over it ;)

Top Bottom