• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Earth II Trailer (BBC Documentary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GCX

Hans Zimmer has supposedly composed the main theme for the series and his team has scored the rest of the soundtrack.

Jigolo

I'm looking for the 1080p version of the first but this whole thing is confusing. Anyone got a clue?

Dominator

Holy shit, visuals are amazing. I expecting nothing less of course.

Thats a must have 4k Blu-ray if I've ever seen one.

Mahonay

Banned
can't wait.gif
bRwpTYc.gif

dabig2

Totally forgot they were making another of these. I wish there was a way to digitize Sir Attenborough so he can continue narrating these long past his death.

And it seems like they're including a lot of animal/human interaction in human habitats, reminiscent of the Human Planet series (which was also great).

Madness

Loved the first. One of the first purchases I made for HD-DVD and later blu-ray. I bought my blu-ray off Amazon UK so I could make sure I got Sir David Attenboroughs version, had to wait like 2 weeks with no tracking number shipped via some Royal Mail shit.

Will this be 4K, with possible HDR? This is a series that will eventually need to use 8K cameras. The beauty of Planet Earth and the animal species facing extinction. Give it another century and half the stuff we take for granted today will be gone.

GCX

Loved the first. One of the first purchases I made for HD-DVD and later blu-ray. I bought my blu-ray off Amazon UK so I could make sure I got Sir David Attenboroughs version, had to wait like 2 weeks with no tracking number shipped via some Royal Mail shit.

Will this be 4K, with possible HDR? This is a series that will eventually need to use 8K cameras. The beauty of Planet Earth and the animal species facing extinction. Give it another century and half the stuff we take for granted today will be gone.
Yeah, it's going to be BBC's showcase 4K documentary.

creatchee

Totally forgot they were making another of these. I wish there was a way to digitize Sir Attenborough so he can continue narrating these long past his death.

And it seems like they're including a lot of animal/human interaction in human habitats, reminiscent of the Human Planet series (which was also great).

Sigourney Weaver is still kicking, yo.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Yeah, it's going to be BBC's showcase 4K documentary.

Shit - how are we supposed to watch it? The BBC don't have a 4K channel. Actually I don't know if any normal network broadcasters do.

This would almost push me over the edge into getting a 4K set

ascii42

Shit - how are we supposed to watch it? The BBC don't have a 4K channel. Actually I don't know if any normal network broadcasters do.

This would almost push me over the edge into getting a 4K set

Broadcast 4K requires ATSC 3.0 adoption. The spec is targeted to be finalized early next year. I'm at least waiting for that before I get a 4K set.

So the first one was filmed over 10 years. I guess this one started filing in 2006?

This will be good. Really enjoyed the first one.

In other news Great Barrier Reef pronounced dead would start a new thread but I'm still a pleb, maybe someone else wants to do it.

Well I've snorkled in the Belize Barrier reef, which WAS the 2nd largest coral reef in the world. I guess now I've retroactively been to the largest in the world since the Great Barrier Reef died!

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
That settles it. Guess I'll have to save up for that 4K HDR panel and 4K Blu-ray unit, and 4K receiver. *cries into a pillow*

Eidan

I never got the appeal of the first Planet Earth. Do people just like seeing animals do things in slow motion?

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
I never got the appeal of the first Planet Earth. Do people just like seeing animals do things in slow motion?

Yes.

I take it youve never been to a zoo either

Eidan

Yes.

I take it youve never been to a zoo either

I did once. Never felt a strong desire to go back.

I'm not trying to shit on Planet Earth. I've just always been amazed at the PASSION many people have for it. People fucking love it.

Amir0x

Banned
God i love how Planet Earth revolutionized attention to fucking nature documentaries. Thank you science. Again

mr.beers

Tried watching Planet Earth again recently on Netflix and boy was the bit rate terrible.

This looks amazing can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom