• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Plants vs. Zombies Garden Warfare Hits PS4, PS3 on 8/19, 1080p/60/splitscreen on PS4

jond76

Banned
Hell yea! 1080p/60fps....I've been waiting patiently for this to hit the PS4. I've been playing the watered-down XBO version, and it's still fun.

I was hoping for June, but August is not bad. The game has improved over time on the XBO, so the PS4 version should be very polished.

Watered down? Oh man...

jond76

Banned
Slightly blurred
slightly out of focus
Vaselined

Or suggest some new descriptive words for non native resolution

Watered down implies that it isn't the full experience, which isn't the case at all.

None of those other descriptors fit either. The game looks great.

Think whatever you like, but its not going to be a magically better experience on PS4.

Respawn

Banned
Should we believe the 1080p/60fps? The infamous Watch Dogs mistake only happened mere weeks ago.

But I would believe that resolution and framerate is more manageable in a title like this, than an open world title like Watch Dogs.
Not sure what you're carrying on about here.

Vashetti

Banned
Screenshots that highlight the PS-specific character addons:

14107253879_161c3e85b6_o.jpg

14314127103_bee84508b0_o.jpg

geordiemp

Watered down implies that it isn't the full experience, which isn't the case at all.

None of those other descriptors fit either. The game looks great.

Think whatever you like, but its not going to be a magically better experience on PS4.

Yes, they do, I have decent eyesight and a good Sony w905 TV that I sit 8 ft from when playing.

I can easily see a clear crisp 1080p natural IQ over a lower resolution one.

Non native resolution looks slightly out of focus / blur effect.

Watch dogs at 900p looks not very good next to second son. Luckily sub native games are not too frequent (watchdogs is only 1 I have)...

For PVZ, No it will not be magically better, but it will look better and its the same game.

This gen with Ps4 nearly every game is natural resolution and I am getting used to it as a standard, now I notice sub HD much more easily.

Back on Topic I loved Mass Effect 3 coop, I also play allot of COD, so this game has always has been on my radar / wanted list.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Watched some XBone footage in anticipation of the PS4 release, and thought it looked fantastic. How is the 360 version? I'd imagine it's pretty close.

Caddle

Plants vs Zombies is a very good game, totally worth the money. The conversation about resolution of the game is just uhhh. Every thread has some asshole who bring this shit up.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Plants vs Zombies is a very good game, totally worth the money. The conversation about resolution of the game is just uhhh. Every thread has some asshole who bring this shit up.
It's part of the reason why people waited instead of rushing out to get XB1s for the game. It's not the definitive console port at 900p.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

Over half of gaf is obsessed with resolution and frames per second, it's not just some one guy bringing it up.

Maybe playing laggy online games on low end computers during my teens made me apathetic on the subject; but I kind of space out whenever I start reading arguments about resolution.

btkadams

Some asshole? It's literally in the thread title. Plenty of people care about it or at least find it interesting.

It's part of the reason why people waited instead of rushing out to get XB1s for the game. It's not the definitive console port at 900p.

I don't think anyone ran out to buy an XB1 to play this game, but it was fun having it available six months earlier. This isn't exactly a game anyone is playing for a graphical showcase.

Bundy

Banned
So, will X1 ever catch up PS4 regarding that 1080p/900p thing ?
Why is that happening ?

I could tell you the reason, but it got me banned last time, so I'll refrain.

The Xbone won't ever "catch up" because it simply has the weaker hardware.

Xbone: ~1.31 TF GPU (12 CUs) for games
Xbone: 768 Shaders
Xbone: 48 Texture units
Xbone: 16 ROPS
Xbone: 2 ACE/ 16 queues

PS4: 1.84TF GPU ( 18 CUs) for games + 56%
PS4: 1152 Shaders +50%
PS4: 72 Texture units +50%
PS4: 32 ROPS + 100%
PS4: 8 ACE/64 queues +400%

You can't "catch up" if you don't have the hardware.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
Slightly blurred
slightly out of focus
Vaselined

Or suggest some new descriptive words for non native resolution

It's above 720. Watchdogs looks fine on ps4. So does battlefield. Buy it on pc to get some anisotropic filtering. The lack of that looks worse than 900p IMO. Too much resolution Crap on this site

This thread is far too large seems like the discussion has turned from PvZ to simply not PvZ. The game is awesome get it if you want it but don't springboard this into another weaker hardware discussion. The core understands the raw numbers already we have the charts, go start a 50% more powerful thread if you want to talk about how 50% that 50% is or whatever is the latest number people have settled on and im going to play a few rounds at my vastly inferior 900p, I hope my eyes can take the punishment C:

Curufinwe

It's above 720. Watchdogs looks fine on ps4. So does battlefield. Buy it on pc to get some anisotropic filtering. The lack of that looks worse than 900p IMO. Too much resolution Crap on this site

This thread is based on a PlayStation tweet that pointed out that the PS4 version is 1080p. No one is forcing you to read it or any other resolution-based thread on GAF.

JP

Does anybody playing the PS4 version actually have a save file on the PS4? I've checked in the Application Saved Data Management section in the PS4 settings both locally and on the PS4 cloud saves and there is no save file in either and yet the game is saving my progress and I can can just continue with the game next time I boot it up.

It's not an issue a everything seems to work fine but it's not something that I've noticed in a PS4 game before and I'm guessing that game progress is saved within the actual game file itself for some reason which is fine unless you delete the game.

Does anybody here have the PS4 version on blu-ray? There must be a separate save file for your progress?

no angel

This game is so fucking good, it's a real shame that the thread has switched to discussion about its performance rather than its entertainment value. Although I'm playing on the One I was enjoying reading everyone's impressions from the ps4 camp and now that's been ruined by pointless spec-based willy waving. Sort it out you lot, PvZ deserves better!

dallow_bg

nods at old men
This game is so fucking good, it's a real shame that the thread has switched to discussion about its performance rather than its entertainment value. Although I'm playing on the One I was enjoying reading everyone's impressions from the ps4 camp and now that's been ruined by pointless spec-based willy waving. Sort it out you lot, PvZ deserves better!

There's an official thread for the PS release with a lot of happy players.

Top Bottom