• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Platinum Games' Kamiya and Inaba say (again) that they want to do a Wonderful 101 sequel

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
At this point I wonder if he's just fishing for interested parties, as this is not the first or second or third time the company has expressed a desire to revisit the franchise and sequelize it. The recent Kickstarter for W101 is surely intended as a market-test to see if such a thing would be financially viable, but at least the passion to do a sequel is still there.

Kamiya:

“Back when we were making the Wii U original, I had a lot of hopes for the game before its release. I knew we made a really incredible game, so I felt confident that a lot of people would play it and it’d be a big hit. I was dreaming things up left and right – I had ideas like, ‘Oh, what would it be like if we did a sequel where Wonder Blue was the leader?’ All of these creative and exciting ideas were flowing, and then the game released and I saw the numbers and was like, ‘Wait, what?!’ (Laughs) So, I hope I get to have those aspirations again in the future.”

Inaba:

“We always think about how we can expand on all our games. We want to revisit it now because we’ve always felt it was a high-quality game that didn’t get a fair chance. In regards to a sequel or something, we can’t make one if there aren’t any fans for the series in the first place. So if fans support this and things go really well for The Wonderful 101, then I’d say it’s pretty natural that we’d want to make another game in the series! (Laughs)”

---

Just file this away under "Kamiya and co tease a fan-favorite yet again..." :lollipop_weary:

Bring it on! The Wonderful 101 deserves a thriving universe with sequels, cartoon or anime tie-in possibly, etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom