• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames opens official Japanese Twitter - EPIC SWITCH TEASING HYPETRAIN!

PlatinumGames keeps tweeting more teases about Switch ports! What are they doing?!

Results are only viewable after voting.

Gambit

Triple- and double-dipping so hard.

Eventually I will stop rebuying Bayo just like I will stop rebuying Resident Evil 4.

Resi 4 on the go when???

Chauzu

I wonder if it's actually fun being this pessimistic.

Pessimism is running rampant on gaming forum nowadays, hoping for something not unlikely and possibly teased is "setting yourself up for disappointment" for some people. I expected a Switch Pokémon revealed in the Pokémon direct, it didn't happen, did I get disappointed? Yes. It lasted for a few hours until I got over it. The hype before lasted for at least a day though. There is nothing wrong being happy and having dreams as long as you are a big boy and can handle not getting everything you want everytime. The pessimism from Nintendo fans in particular makes me sad, I want hype trains like the good old days.

Totally missed these on Wii U. Always wanted 'em. If they come to Switch, I'll nab 'em. Even if it's a 60$ combo pack again.

The expectation is that we can see Wii U ports come to the Switch in a relatively spaced out time frame.

Bayonetta 1 and 2 were on Wii U. Platinum is a Switch partner.

Platinum is working on an original Switch game.

Would not be unreasonable for them to release both Bayo's on the Switch at any point in time.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I'm not sure if this in particular is a hint, but I think a Bayo 1+2 Switch collection is incredibly likely, eventually. Hopefully with a Bayo 3 announcement.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
60fps Bayo2 on portable Switch....mobile games shook.

Please - i need this.

I'm not sure if this in particular is a hint, but I think a Bayo 1+2 Switch collection is incredibly likely, eventually. Hopefully with a Bayo 3 announcement.

Def. something i could see being announced during those Fall Nintendo conferences...Bayo 1+2 Switch...oh and yeah Bayo3 is also in development. Reggie already said that there were more Switch releases for this year planned.

Omikaru

I will buy Bayonetta 1 & 2 on Switch, especially if there's a physical copy on offer. It'll be the fourth time I've bought the original (Xbox 360, Wii U, and recently on PC) and the second time I've bought the sequel.

If this turns out to be what people are hoping it is, the only other game left on Wii U that I'd like to see brought to Switch is Tokyo Mirage Sessions.

Vlaphor

I will totally buy Bayonetta 1 & 2 again at full price for the Switch. I have Bayo 1 on 360, Wii U, and PC, and a 4th purchase seems perfectly fine to me

Genio88

Would be instant buy for me, i loved the first Bayonetta and i'm still ashamed i missed the second one on WiiU since i sold it before that game released....

Balb

Definitely getting this if it turns out to be real. Hope it opens the door for Bayonetta 3 too. Platinum's been pretty quiet lately.

It would be stupid not to do it considering Bayo 2 is stuck with Nintendo and it did not reach it's proper audience on Wii U. I'm sure a port is worth the investment this time around. People will definitely buy it!!!! definitely .

Chauzu

As for Bayonetta, I hope Nintendo keeps funding the series. I feel it serves a niche Nintendo kinda needs, like the Xenoblade games does, and you can attract an audience that wouldn't be there without those games. We also have the fact that Bayonetta is a more mature character, and is now included in Smash, so it feels like the brand has a lot of room to expand if Nintendo takes the shot on a more succesful hardware.

kc44135

Oh shit... YES!!! Bayonetta on Switch would be FUCKING SICK!!! So, um, yeah I'd pretty excited if this actually happened, lol. Bayonetta on the go would be fantastic. Hell, just Bayonetta 2 not being forever trapped on dead hardware would be great. If there's one Wii U game I would like to see brought over to Switch, it's Bayo 2 (Bayo 1 would be icing on the cake). Also, didn't Kamiya (or possibly somebody else at Platinum) say previously that they'd like to bring Bayo 2 to the Switch?

Top Bottom