• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

akileese

I have a friend who's thinking about snagging this with a coupon code I gave him and was asking about controller support. Does it work at all or is it tough to setup and is he better off going KB/M?

Kadin

27% off from GMG - $21.99, quote for the code

hopefully it's not only usable by me but figured I'd offer it up to anyone that wants the game at a discount

noomi

Was in a squad with a friend and 2 other randoms. Friend dies about 25 people left, then I get to the end with the 2 randoms and die like 10 seconds before my team got chicken dinner.

Feels bad man, I guess it counts, but would be more special if I stayed alive in the end. Still

New dearsomeone Early Access Highlights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxHLfCb7nJc

This was fucking awesome, subbed to this channel. Will watch the rest.

I love this fucking game.

KKRT00

27% off from GMG - $21.99, quote for the code

hopefully it's not only usable by me but figured I'd offer it up to anyone that wants the game at a discount

Doesnt work for me unfortunately. What a pity, because friend would probably buy it at this discount ;/

Blubikins

Neo Member
Steam summer sale starts this Thursday I believe. This should go on sale right? Looking to get copies for my nephews to play with this weekend.

Brakara

Steam summer sale starts this Thursday I believe. This should go on sale right?

It's been #1 on Steam since it was released, so I doubt there will be any sale until it releases. Maybe 10% as someone else said, but sales on recent early access titles don't sound right.

iosa

So far this week I have a 100% winning ratio.

That's just 2 games but I had only 2 in my previous 200+ games.

This one was so clean, I didn't get shot once and managed 5 kills with an sks. That was probably my first 5 kills with it too.

Feels good.

Edit:

I just watched my replay and I killed 5 of the remaining 11 players. Couldn't manage to kill one before despite plenty of hits.

J4g3r

I got a 25% off coupon from GMG so I finally bit.

35047344190_ae57e4050c_o.png

Not bad for a first match, I must say.

MUnited83

For you.
6595EF8200260F623A9F748D066A5B5F80D18A64

My trademark low effort chicken dinner strikes again. I went to the match just to get a few points to get a crate. Dropped at the end and killed 3 afk people (i know i know, shame on me). I pick up a shotgun and a M416 with 30 bullets and a level 1 helmet. I go towards the middle of the circle, camp on one of the towers and just wait. Lots of people go by the tower and several gunfights happen in that exact area but nobody ever goes in. I was pretty lucky and the circle continued to be there for a long while. Then I finally exit when I see the next circle wouldn't be there (but was pretty close). Looted a couple of the bodies that were there from the previous gunfights, get decent lv 2 helmet and armor, shotgun attachments and a bit of ammo. Go to the circle, manage to hide in a bush and get one guy by surprise with a shotgun. Wait a bit more, there's like 7/8 people picking themselves off. New circle, 3 people left, I run to the circle. Dude next to a tree starts shooting at me, i shoot back, get a couple of hits in. The third guy was close to the second dude and starts shooting at him, and the second dude desperately tries to dodge the fire coming from two directions he couldn't cover at the same time. I'm very lucky with the next circle and only needed to run a couple of feet and get behind a tree. Dude tries to pick me off as I rush but doesn't get any hits. Then he was fucked because he needed to rush into the circle soon, and I just picked him off with the shotgun at midrange which is a fucking monster with both attachments.

I got a voucher for 27% off from GMG too, but already own it on steam, so one of you guys can take it. Quote to see!

well i fucked that up code might be gone.

Burt

Anyone else lagging super hard tonight? Are there server issues or am I just getting stuck with the short end of the stick?

Do you think there should be a accuracy penalty from shooing outside of the safe zone?

Few times today I was killed from someone waiting on outside of the safe zone. I feel there should be some penalty other than taking damage for being out side of play area.

Every round is amazing when you find a VSS. You don't even have to kill anyone, just watching them run serpentine and duck behind cover wondering what the hell is happening when you hit them is enough to make it worth it.

Do you think there should be a accuracy penalty from shooing outside of the safe zone?

Few times today I was killed from someone waiting on outside of the safe zone. I feel there should be some penalty other than taking damage for being out side of play area.

Not at all. It's still fair play.

Burt

Every round is amazing when you find a VSS. You don't even have to kill anyone, just watching them run serpentine and duck behind cover wondering what the hell is happening when you hit them is enough to make it worth it.

I can't make myself pick it up. The bullet drop is so heinous. It's like chucking pebbles.

JDB

Banned

Should just make it so it's an actual cloud which reduces visibility.

Grassy

I just had a game where I was the only person to land on the school roof(south of Rozhok in the centre of the map), and the first gun I found was a VSS with a few hundred rounds laying about. It was the first time I've really used it so I just sat on the roof taking pot-shots at everyone looting the nearby apartments, and a few people running in fields nearby. I managed to kill one player and managed to hit 4 other players a few times, but no-one had absolutely any idea where the shots were coming from and I didn't receive a single return shot. It was hilarious. The drop-off makes it hard to kill people that are running but with practice it could be extremely deadly. It's so quiet, I like it.

I also encountered these two players working together in a single-player server...cheeky bastards. I managed to track them down and kill one of them when they holed-up in a house nearby, but I was killed by the other player.

Don't mind the terrible aim... https://streamable.com/5c90b

trs1080

Neo Member
Oooooh shit, first win just now playing solo! Not bad for an old man.

Won with an 8x scoped M249 and an UMP haha. Good times.

Look forward to the months ahead with updates and stuff.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Oooooh shit, first win just now playing solo! Not bad for an old man.

Won with an 8x scoped M249 and an UMP haha. Good times.

Look forward to the months ahead with updates and stuff.

Not to nitpick, but putting an 8x isn't possible on the M249 or the UMP...

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
Well, that's weird - I tried before and it didn't work - 4x was the largest scope that would fit on it. You're right, there are plenty of comments confirming it.

Venfayth

The VSS would be broken if it were more powerful. I know lots of people hate it or think it's trash, but I think there are situations where it is incredible.

watership

Oh god. I just bought this. I told myself I have no times to play much of anything this summer (projects galor). Played it once last night and I've been thinking about it constantly since.

I guess being shot from an unknown location and feeling clueless is a common experience ;) ?

Vipu

Banned
Oh god. I just bought this. I told myself I have no times to play much of anything this summer (projects galor). Played it once last night and I've been thinking about it constantly since.

I guess being shot from an unknown location and feeling clueless is a common experience ;) ?

At start mostly yes, it gets bit easier later.

MUnited83

For you.
The VSS would be broken if it were more powerful. I know lots of people hate it or think it's trash, but I think there are situations where it is incredible.

It's terrible for direct confrontantion when people are aware of each other's position, but it is wonderful to pick someone that is unaware of you by surprise. It's nearly impossible to tell where the shots are coming from.

Tagyhag

Yeah, it's very situational but if it had the stopping power of something like the SCAR it'd be absolutely stupid.

won my first solo yesterday! i had incredible position.

was fully stocked with an SKS and M416 (my new favorite gun). Noticed that the circle was more than likely going to close in on this two story house that was facing a wheat field in the front, and the back was a hill.

I made my way towards the house crouch running when a jeep drove up and the driver got out to make his way into the house. I started firing and hitting, only to be getting shot from the hill to my upper left. managed to snag that guy, but the driver got into the house.

I knew i needed to secure that house if i wanted to win. Made my way through the same door as him, and heard him walking in an open room by where the staircase was. I hid in a room that was to his right and he eventually left the room and i u nloaded on him. i then headed into his room, only to hear someone on the second floor. this room had great positioning on that staircase, and i again waited. the second guy came and again i had no issue killing him.

So now i moved to the second floor as the last circle drew close and there was 3 of us left. two on the hill behind me fighting, and me dead center in the circle in this house. all doors were shut, and i was watchingthe fight on the hill. Came down to me killing a guy off to the left, and a guy to the right making his way down directly infront of me, using trees as cover. we traded shots and i hit him with a headshot. it was so intense. I can't wait to get into a situation like that again.

aravuus

Whew

Managed to win my third ever solo game. Still no squad wins after 6 hours of playing with much more experienced (100h+ played) friends, though.

Maybe they're dragging me down.

It's been years since a multiplayer game has had this strong of a "just one more round" effect on me. Very excited to see where this goes.

Top Bottom