• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Anyone know if a GreenManGaming coupon can be given away? Just got a 28% off for PUBG and want to share but I don't want to do a giveaway and the code not work.

Brokun

The patch was not applied, right ? It will be part of the monthly update coming thursday.

All the VSS i found were out of care package.

I have been finding the VSS outside of care packages for over a week now. This update just removes it from the care package as a possibility as it was still able to spawn there.

My UMP though :(

Tovarisc

I wonder what's so great about the Groza that justifies it being in care packages.

Bullpup AR so most likely next to no vertical climb making it easy to control during spray.

well that explains why I found a VSS outside of a care package last night

You have always been able to find it outside of packages. These loot changes wont come into play before Thursday.

Kalentan

By chance can the game not load every parachute?

Cause I've had so many times where I see no one land near me... Only for someone to land near me but I never once saw the parachute.

There are plenty of times I died cause I landed too close near people but sometimes... There's people that just don't appear until the hit the ground.

Tovarisc

By chance can the game not load every parachute?

Cause I've had so many times where I see no one land near me... Only for someone to land near me but I never once saw the parachute.

There are plenty of times I died cause I landed too close near people but sometimes... There's people that just don't appear until the hit the ground.

You can force chute to open late by increasing your falling velocity. It can plummet you very close to ground before chute pops.

roytheone

Help me settle an argument murder GAF :

My friend hates to use vehicles saying that they are too loud and draw to much attention to us.

I on the other hand love them. The ability to quickly get in the middle of the circle and move from there instead of having to run from the blue haze of death constantly is huge. Plus, if you get spotted you can often survive just by driving away full speed, while on foot you will just get sniped and die.

Who is right?

Grexeno

My friend hates to use vehicles saying that they are too loud and draw to much attention to us.

I on the other hand love them. The ability to quickly get in the middle of the circle and move from there instead of having to run from the blue haze of death constantly is huge. Plus, if you get spotted you can often survive just by driving away full speed, while on foot you will just get sniped and die.

Who is right?
You're both right.

ultron87

Who is right?

You're both right! They're great for sprinting to a good position RE the circle (such as going to a town way off the flight path to gear up in peace or getting across the map when the circle is a jerk to you) but generally bad once you're inside the circle because everyone in the vicinity knows where you are.

Who is right?

You're both probably right to an extent. Just depends on the strategy and play style and how smart and aware you are when using vehicles. Me and my friends tend to use vehicles a lot in the beginning then much less so as the map gets smaller.

Poppy

bleh uzi

you know those games where all you find anywhere are the junk shotguns? i feel like that happens to me with stupid micro uzis all the same

Tovarisc

The UMP-9 was far too good for it's spawn rate, it outclassed every other SMG in the game.

Nerfing its spawn rate wont change that fact and wont fix balance issues within SMG weapon class. Just like nerfing SCAR spawns wont magically make M416 good gun if you can't find stock.

Nerfing its spawn rate wont change that fact and wont fix balance issues within SMG weapon class. Just like nerfing SCAR spawns wont magically make M416 good gun if you can't find stock.

Agreed on both points. Vector needs either a slight base magazine increase, or a damage increase. Uzi is good.

M16 needs to be deleted from the game and the M4 needs compensatory buffs to make it competitive with the AK/SCAR-L.

On the whole though I'm still okay with weapons existing that outclass competing weapons, they just need to be very rare.

afroguy10

bleh uzi

you know those games where all you find anywhere are the junk shotguns? i feel like that happens to me with stupid micro uzis all the same

The uzi on full auto with an extended/quick mag and uzi stock is one of the best weapons in the game. Got my one and only chicken dinner so far using it.

Vipu

Banned
I don't think FPS mode should exist in separate official servers either. Down the line it just might segment the playerbase enough to make finding games harder.

There will be enough players for both, a ton of new players will come too when 1st person only mode comes.

Tovarisc

There will be enough players for both, a ton of new players will come too when 1st person only mode comes.

Will they even bring it to main side or just add FoV slider, leave 1st person toggle for customs and call it a day? Not seen anything official about it and when they talked about it wasn't that clear if they bring it to main side too as que option.

Flandy

Does the price of the loot reset weekly? My friend and I both uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and the loot price went back to 700. We're not sure if its a glitch or if this is a regular occurrence

JDB

Banned
Does the price of the loot reset weekly? My friend and I both uninstalled the game then reinstalled it and the loot price went back to 700. We're not sure if its a glitch or if this is a regular occurrence
Resets every week on late sunday/early monday.

Tagyhag

I'm assuming that VSS haters got really mad about finding it instead of anything else.

I have only found one uncontested care package since playing, and that's all it had. It broke my soul.

VSS is fine for specific situations, but I rather loot an AWM 9.9 out 10 times.

HowZatOZ

Banned
  • G18c, semi and full auto settings
  • Bullpup 7.62 AR for crates
  • Server optimization
Those are three big known focuses. Maybe they throw in that drag looting removal.

Aren't we getting new climbing/window jumping animations, weather cycle and one possibly two of the new maps as well for the end of month patch?

woahitsshant

Neo Member
Aren't we getting new climbing/window jumping animations, weather cycle and one possibly two of the new maps as well for the end of month patch?

I'm not sure about climbing or vaulting, but the two new maps are many, many months away. When they were announced, it was stated they're about 6 months away from testing the maps.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm not sure about climbing or vaulting, but the two new maps are many, many months away. When they were announced, it was stated they're about 6 months away from testing the maps.

Ah fair enough, just seemed from the E3 trailer that it was for this month's patch considering the AK47u-like weapon was teased at the end.

Tovarisc

What I heard about vaulting is that it's months out so seeing it now would be surprise for me.

I haven't heard anything new weathers and map(s) being released either, but doesn't mean it isn't happening and I may have missed info.

I imagine you are pulling these points from that E3 video, right? I took it as collection of WIP stuff that is long ways off and stuff (AR) that is coming this month.

HowZatOZ

Banned
What I heard about vaulting is that it's months out so seeing it now would be surprise for me.

I haven't heard anything new weathers and map(s) being released either, but doesn't mean it isn't happening and I may have missed info.

I imagine you are pulling these points from that E3 video, right? I took it as collection of WIP stuff that is long ways off and stuff (AR) that is coming this month.

Yeah seems like it I guess. Just with how it was presented it felt like a "this is the next patch content" tease because of how much was to be coming. Ah well, not really bothered anyway as I'm continuing to have a blast every day I play.

Top Bottom