• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Tovarisc

They tested a change which made drag looting stop your character movements and play the pickup animation every time. It felt absolutely awful, and thankfully never made it off test servers.

I suspected you were referring to that, but I wasn't 100% sure as it never made it to live so there never was any change to looting. This upcoming change won't affect drag looting, at least not based on text, and only if you use F looting.

afaik they still intent to kill drag looting down the road.

Anyone know exactly what they mean by "Adjusted the play area to spawn more evenly within a circle, so that the play area does not appear in the center so frequently."?

Does this mean the white inner circle will spawn in the center of the blue circle less frequently?

Or is this just phrased backwards and means that the safe zones will spawn around the edges of the map more often rather than near the center of the map?

Tagyhag

Anyone know exactly what they mean by "Adjusted the play area to spawn more evenly within a circle, so that the play area does not appear in the center so frequently."?

Does this mean the white inner circle will spawn in the center of the blue circle less frequently?

Or is this just phrased backwards and means that the safe zones will spawn around the edges of the map more often rather than near the center of the map?

I think it sounds like the former.

The latter wouldn't really help because people would still just emphasize landing in the middle since you'd be extra far away from 3 other corners if you were to go to a corner.

JambiBum

It means that the next circle won't always spawn close to the center of the current circle. Right now for instance you can run to the middle of the circle and be relatively certain that the next circle will spawn around you. With this change that certainty will be gone.

I think it sounds like the former.

The latter wouldn't really help because people would still just emphasize landing in the middle since you'd be extra far away from 3 other corners if you were to go to a corner.

It means that the next circle won't always spawn close to the center of the current circle. Right now for instance you can run to the middle of the circle and be relatively certain that the next circle will spawn around you. With this change that certainty will be gone.

Thanks. That seemed the most likely and hopefully it will indirectly result in more end games closer to the edges. I've played for 70 hours, gotten a handful of chicken dinners in duos and squads, but never seen a match end in Primorsk, Zharki, Lipovka, etc.

I suspected you were referring to that, but I wasn't 100% sure as it never made it to live so there never was any change to looting. This upcoming change won't affect drag looting, at least not based on text, and only if you use F looting.

afaik they still intent to kill drag looting down the road.

Found a clip of a dev explaining it:

https://clips.twitch.tv/PunchyEnchantingMarjoramTwitchRPG

Seems like it's setting up a future change to drag-looting wherein dragging plays the animation but the animation no longer stops character movements and is much faster, because of the change introduced in this patch.

I'd be okay with that.

noomi

I hope they can fix entering cars, you need to hit enter like 2-3 times for it to register it seems. Also if the devs could add a sprint toggle that would make me a happy boy.

Doesn't seem to work for me, I'll crouch and try to punch but non of the blows land.

Ruff

Was super duper hoping the Vaulting was coming with this patch. Guess I can wait another month while I get stuck on every single 1ft high wall in the game :(

Ryuuga

Banned
Any good performance tweaks to improve FPS? I tried the messing with the ini files and launch options but it only messed with the visuals making my game overall darker than it should be.

Tovarisc

Any good performance tweaks to improve FPS? I tried the messing with the ini files and launch options but it only messed with the visuals making my game overall darker than it should be.
  1. Delete all .ini tweaks
  2. Remove all launch parameters
  3. Set all expect Textures and Drawing Distance to Very Low
  4. Set those two to High
  5. ???
  6. Hope for best

Ok I bumped a few settings to high/ultra, and it's running better - this urban myth is actually true. Can't believe I played so long looking at dogshit graphics.

brentech

needs more hot boys
Every time I get a kill I should just celebrate with a, "hot boyssss!"
Train myself to stop cursing.

Also I regret not having my awesome, professional stream overlay in at least one of those clips.
Remember everyone. Use promo code BTbread at Olive Garden for some free breadsticks.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Oh my gosh so much good shit from this update. Red dots on pistols, opening doors finally while reloading, vehicle adjustments on spawn to make us more wary now, picking up items while moving and destructible cabins. Jeez this is so awesome.

I can't wait to ram a car into a cabin.

Nachos

Sold all my deluxe gear for 600$.

Did I sell too early?

Assuming they don't do something to completely tank the game's playerbase, I would've at least waited until the game left early access, because that's likely when the number of active players and the demand will be at their peak.

You made $600 three months after release – those crates only stand to increase in value over time.

Special edition that was in sale before Early Access began. Came with PlayerUnknown branded stuff like jacket and shirt for character.

It was also $10 extra, though it also came with an extra beta key, and the total price is nothing compared to how much the items sell for now.
I just can't get over how dorky the outfit looks, though.

Zero kills, three hit points, and my third chicken dinner! At least I have teammates who know what they are doing and don't get killed in an opening round firefight. Eh, a win's a win.

Anyone else sometimes have to ctrl+alt+delete (or even worse, reboot) because the game just won't let you quit it? Sometimes after a match it just won't do anything. Sometimes task manager won't even close it. Extremely annoying.

Grassy

Adjusted the play area to spawn more evenly within a circle, so that the play area does not appear in the center so frequently.​

muh strats ;_;

Considering so far white-circle RNGesus has continually betrayed me, this must mean the white circle is going to perfectly form around me from now on, right?

i hope you can destroy the shacks by running a vehicle into them

make wheat finishes even more fucked up

Oooh that would be awesome, just steamrolling shacks in the UAZ...running over other players is my jam.

pr0cs

Anyone else sometimes have to ctrl+alt+delete (or even worse, reboot) because the game just won't let you quit it? Sometimes after a match it just won't do anything. Sometimes task manager won't even close it. Extremely annoying.
Yep, I had to change back to windowed full screen from normal fullscreen. Windowed for whatever reason is more stable on my 980

Top Bottom