• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

wonderpug

Neo Member
When you talk while playing, can enemy players hear you prior to you killing them, and after you do?

I believe there's a setting in the options menu for having voice chat be team-talk or all. I happily keep it set to team-only, so I don't know if there's a way to switch back and forth on the fly in-game.

Ayumi

Been ending up mostly in the top 5 this past week, dying for annoying reasons. Yesterday at 3 Alive I heard one shot the other while I was right in front of him (behind a rock) but the blue ate me up. Ended up #2, which feels worse than like #5. ; ~ ;

unrealist

My first game in PUBG .. lol, I was really lucky :D

Had no idea how to loot, I started with the rifle in the pic, with just 60 bullets.. and found nothing else but a first aid kit and some armor..

pSNZqi6.png

Tokubetsu

Been ending up mostly in the top 5 this past week, dying for annoying reasons. Yesterday at 3 Alive I heard one shot the other while I was right in front of him (behind a rock) but the blue ate me up. Ended up #2, which feels worse than like #5. ; ~ ;

late game positioning is super super important and sometimes you have to play aggressively to secure it. If you're in top 10 it's okay to play a little looser than you normally would. Take those shots etc.

site note: your tag always makes me think my monitor is broken if i scroll fast

Woo! Glad to hear it man lol.

Did you resolve your performance issues yet?

Yeah, a relative was syncing stuff from my Plex Server and it murdering my CPU. I turn Plex off before playing now.

I stream a lot of my sessions just because the banter and panic is kinda amusing. If anyone wants to watch, feel free via twitch.tv/sikamikanico_

(do not expect much chicken)

Xyber

How is everyone's CPU performance on win10?

I recently (unwillingly) upgraded to win10 pro due to some programs I need to use requiring win10. With this upgrade I also built a new pc. Went from a 2600k to a 6600k. I wasn't expecting a massive boost in performance but my 6600k is actually performing worse with pubg and it's taking atleast 70~80% in high pop areas and making foobar lag and other video stuff it's pretty bad. While my 2600k on win7 was completely fine. I feel like there is some box I haven't ticked or something that I forgot about to make my performance better.

Well, you did go down to an i5 from an i7 and lost 4 threads with that. Even if the 2600K is old, it still holds up fairly well today (when overclocked) and can outperform the 6600K in games that scales well with more threads.

Ayumi

late game positioning is super super important and sometimes you have to play aggressively to secure it. If you're in top 10 it's okay to play a little looser than you normally would. Take those shots etc.

site note: your tag always makes me think my monitor is broken if i scroll fast

The thing is it's always sooo situational (which is why I think the game is great, because no one has constant advantages). If I play duo (which I do 99% of the time) I don't know if the last 5 are 2 duos or what not. Do they have a sniper? Who knows. If I run for it, will someone shoot me from behind? I did learn if I have time or am somewhat safe to let them finish each other off first. But sometimes you HAVE to move to escape the blue, and you get sniped/shot from two sides.

Last circle is such a panic mode, it's hard to figure out what's going on. lmao

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Son of a gun, I died 1 second before getting into the safe zone from the wall. Before I died I learned that underground bunker is very popular. I had to kill 2 people in there, lol.

Tokubetsu

The thing is it's always sooo situational (which is why I think the game is great, because no one has constant advantages). If I play duo (which I do 99% of the time) I don't know if the last 5 are 2 duos or what not. Do they have a sniper? Who knows. If I run for it, will someone shoot me from behind? I did learn if I have time or am somewhat safe to let them finish each other off first. But sometimes you HAVE to move to escape the blue, and you get sniped/shot from two sides.

Last circle is such a panic mode, it's hard to figure out what's going on. lmao

RNGesus helps those who are calm and collected in the smallest of circles.

Nabs

I gotta say, I'm liking this logitech gaming software. I created a profile for PUBG and was able to replace my DPI buttons with Zeroing control, place map/inventory/chat on the side buttons, and put fire-rate toggle/grenade toggle on my left/right wheel clicks. Not bad at all.

OraleeWey

I gotta say, I'm liking this logitech gaming software. I created a profile for PUBG and was able to replace my DPI buttons with Zeroing control, place map/inventory/chat on the side buttons, and put fire-rate toggle/grenade toggle on my left/right wheel clicks. Not bad at all.

I do this too. Interesting to see how people have different priorities. It order of how easy to reach/press, I have mapped to those extra buttons, reload, prone, crouch, action (the F key), toggle camera.

Divius

I call it the: "Oh-I-can-loot-these-houses-and-still-totally-make-it-----oh-shit-I-might-not-make-i...-Divius-died-outside-the-playzone"

my time in NA servers has me thoroughly convinced that no dumb stinkin' animal on this earth is as easily amused and as needlessly aggressive as your average North American teenager
no but for real
when I'm in a long standoff with someone, they work real hard for the kill and get me, it puts a smile on my face. I laugh about it and compliment that player posthumously. Shit's great.
but it's like these kids don't use the mic unless it's to stroke themselves

I just call it the blue. It's a glowing ring of electrical energy, and there's supposedly some throwaway line of backstory that it was something that the Soviets used to control towns on the island.

There is something absolutely heartbreaking about hearing a vehicle approach you on the edge of the zone, then all of a sudden you see "_______ died outside the Playzone" and the car slowly cruises into the zone and then stops

edit: I've expressed this before but the state of vehicles in this game (flipped, destroyed, outside houses, multiple in a single area, sliding down hills) are some of the best emergent environmental storytelling in a game I've ever seen

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
"The circle is coming!" is proper usage.

Though I wouldn't mind a mod that makes it into Langoliers eating the landscape.

Also I am now fully converted to the shotgun for close quarters situations where you want to peek. I had a situation where my helmet was blown off and a guy drove up on my compound. I flubbed my grenade and he tagged me, he ran up into the stairs as I failed to do the action jump out of the window*, and he was super careful to prefire on the doorway and tag me again as I tried to peek; but then on my second peek I got him with one blast of the choked pump action.

Then as I looted him, someone ran up and stood in a corner outside my house and I think they were juggling loot or alt-tabbing or something so I just shot him in the back, sorry dude.

*So the other day I mentioned you can crouch jump out windows if you break the glass. Today I tested something I saw earlier and it's true: you don't even need to break the glass, as long as you land on the windowsill while crouchjumping you'll phase right through. No, it makes no sense, your gun will get pressed up against the glass if you're aiming out an unbroken window, but there you have it.

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
I know this is going to be an unpopular question but: is there any plan for a vs CPU mode/PVE in PUBG?

I like to play PVE co op console games with my wife(wildlands, borderlands, destiny, the division) and I plan on playing PUBG duo mode when its available for the Xbox One X.

Thats the co op mode, right?

Top Bottom