• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

TheRed

Ugh was top 10, shot a guy twice in body with kar98 and 1 M16 shot, he turns and destroys me in 2 AKM shots. That shit is frustrating.

JDB

Banned
I use hipfire if I don't have time to ads straight away or when I have the jump on someone and he's really close by. Especially with SMGs is use it pretty frequently.

Wardancer

Neo Member
2 Kar98k shots should always be a death imo.

No... like it wont even do that to lvl 2 armor, hell lvl 1 armor + boost will probably save you from that so it would be an insane buff to make it "always kill in 2 body shots".

Edit: Also shots to the body can very often hit an arm and will count as a limb shot and deal less damage.

Edit 2: This is also why healing up to full is so damn important, at 75% health you are a lot more vulnerable to snipers.

TheRed

2 Kar98k shots should always be a death imo.
Yeah I'd like that. I'm not too mad, he was prone crawling I was aiming for his head for the first shot, guess it was just under his head and hit high chest then the second was another body shot. I got hit once from somewhere else when I pulled the M16 and hit him 1 more time before his 2 AK shots finished me. It's just frustrating when I hit him with 3 shots, 2 from a sniper, he survived and I die from 3 shots. I know he probably had better armor but in the heat of the moment that is a frustrating end to a gunfight.

Only problem I have with crates is the key cost. 2.50 per is just way too much. CS:GO crate opening is awful because of those prices. Rocket League is far better in that regard.

Venfayth

What is the drama about? The crates?

How PU lied about there being no microtransactions during EA, crates in general, loss of free crates upon official release. Still a substantial number of people actively making fun of PU for talking about how he didn't appreciate DrDisrespect's fake twitter threat of kicking him in the chest - because he told a story about how he was kicked through a glass window in college.

Yea, non-stop crying about it. Ruining the subreddit, was really glad to see that gaf was unaffected.

Agreed. I guess I should stop talking about it if I want to protect GAF, haha.

KingKong

He seems to want to just copy the CS:GO model but it doesn't work when the thing you're getting is a shirt or hat instead of a gun skin thats in front of you the entire time

Venfayth

I think there should be a free pool similar to the one we have now and then they can do larger pools of themed stuff - like what they have planned for the Gamescom thing - which are available in paid crates. I think the only thing that really bothers me is the total loss of free crates. Why have BP then? Or have a chicken dinner or two award a key to open a crate.

MUnited83

For you.
He seems to want to just copy the CS:GO model but it doesn't work when the thing you're getting is a shirt or hat instead of a gun skin thats in front of you the entire time

Most people play in third person so they are literally looking at a shirt or a hat the majority of the time.

KingKong

Most people play in third person so they are literally looking at a shirt or a hat the majority of the time.

not when theyre putting on a vest, backpack and helmet

the entire reason CSGOs model works (compared to Overwatch or Dota or whatever) is that the guns inherently have different values so awps, m4s and aks will always be more coveted than famas or scout. thats why Valve switched from single pieces (unless they're the highest value immortals) to entire sets for Dota 2

Enlil

people want to spend their money on crates, fine, some cosmetics here and there,but the whole trading/gambling scheme like in CSGO is going to repeat itself and that's why I am against crates. I am aware that PUBG is going to make millions of money out of it, so I understand it, but destroys the community.

Hybris

Do people not know about holding right click or something? If you are aiming down the sights with a shotgun you are doing it wrong. Same for SMG barring medium range stuff with the ump.

Venfayth

Holding down right click is called "over the shoulder" aiming and it suffers an accuracy penalty, although not as severe as firing from the hip.

Aiming over the shoulder can also make it difficult to understand where the barrel of your gun is in situations where you're trying to aim around obstacles such as a tree or short walls. You basically always should ADS whenever possible, even with shotguns and close range with SMGs.

jet1911

Holding down right click is called "over the shoulder" aiming and it suffers an accuracy penalty, although not as severe as firing from the hip.

Aiming over the shoulder can also make it difficult to understand where the barrel of your gun is in situations where you're trying to aim around obstacles such as a tree or short walls. You basically always should ADS whenever possible, even with shotguns and close range with SMGs.

Can't wait for the FOV change next week, it will make ADS a lot better.

This is true, although important to note that there is a little red circle that appears over the environment when the barrel of your gun is being obstructed while aiming over the shoulder. I thought that was a nice touch.

Venfayth

people want to spend their money on crates, fine, some cosmetics here and there,but the whole trading/gambling scheme like in CSGO is going to repeat itself and that's why I am against crates. I am aware that PUBG is going to make millions of money out of it, so I understand it, but destroys the community.

I don't understand. How does it destroy the community? What is it destroying? I mean I understand the outrage going on destroys my desire to go to places where the only thing people are talking about is their outrage, but is that what you are talking about?

I'm not sure how to respond to your concerns. They seem incredibly irrational considering everything it took for the CSGO gambling situation to unfold. Also, trading =/= gambling, so lumping them together is kind of silly, especially when trading is good for the consumer.

GodofWine

oh no cosmetic microtransactions, the horror

I know, won't somebody think of the children!! :)

Look, in a game where you spend most of your time alone, and even when you see a person, you can barely make out what they are wearing, nor does it matter at all, why oh why do people care what they look like. There isn't even a replay mode.

Moonkeis

I know, won't somebody think of the children!! :)

Look, in a game where you spend most of your time alone, and even when you see a person, you can barely make out what they are wearing, nor does it matter at all, why oh why do people care what they look like. There isn't even a replay mode.

As much as I enjoy cosmetic goodies, in a game like this, the last thing I want is a outfit that just makes you an easy target to spot.

Am I correct in saying that all 3 of those have free crate and/or loot drops, as do Overwatch and League of Legends?
You need keys to open them but they drop randomly for playing. A few a week. RL is one dollar a key CSGO is 2.50.

Overwatch you can buy crates or get them for leveling or doing the arcade stuff gives you three a week.

RL has some a good amount of free cosmetics. CSGO you can get some from leveling or if you buy an operation pass you can drop a non statrak skin.

Pooya

The cosmetic stuff are so ugly in this game I can't believe people care about them this much.

Actually the more fancy looking skin you have, doesn't it make you easier to spot? Like wearing khaki outfit seems a lot better than red shirt or the black long coat.

When FP comes out that will be all I play, I won't be able to see myself anyway. Honestly seems like forced drama over some harmless event funding. This is a small developer still, sure the game sold a lot but doesn't mean they must pay everything out of pocket. Community funding for events is good for longevity of the game. SC2 realized this after 7 years...

Compsiox

Banned
When trying to snipe someone I kept hitting the window frame/bars no matter what position I was in.

I'm never playing this game again.

J-Rod

Are there any recommended performance tweak guides? I've found several, but most seem to completely disagree with one another. One will say setting "A" has a high cost and should be set to low, then I'll read another saying setting "A" is basically free and should be set to high... I suppose that may just be the case for performance guides in general?

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Is it common to get confused if you're being shot at from the front or from the back lol?

Left or right is easy especially with headphones but I literally turned around and backed right into the guy shooting at me today cuz I thought he was behind me.

Venfayth

Is it common to get confused if you're being shot at from the front or from the back lol?

Left or right is easy especially with headphones but I literally turned around and backed right into the guy shooting at me today cuz I thought he was behind me.

Nope, that's how it works. My understanding (could be wrong, easily) is that is how it is IRL as well. Your best luck is to instantly turn slightly as the next should come from the same location, and as long as it isn't directly ahead or behind you still, you should then be able to locate it.

Just had the best loot drops I've ever gotten. Finally had a Kar in my hands and a silenced fully decked out Scar and I die to the fucking blue zone and get 10th...

Was about 1 second away from getting a med kit off in time.

ahahahah i cannot believe my chicken dinner just now

I run around in Pochinki somehow missing EVERYONE (including a guy who disappears from the house I'm breaching)

I snipe one dude named Memer420 in a field so that made me happy

I drive an abandoned Dacia (?????) to the zone, there's one guy outside I have a shotgun off with but he runs and dies

I shoot some poor dude who prones to heal right out of the zone

I shoot ANOTHER poor dude who is outrunning the zone and prones to heal (or maybe they just killed the guy I was chasing who was outrunning the zone??)

I look at the zone, it's entirely open field except for one tree, 2 remaining

The dude is there. He is shooting at me. He's hitting me. The next zone is his. It's over. I manage to tag him twice with the M16 so

...wait

wait

why the fuck is he smoking

i took my chance

i ran across 50m of pure empty coverless space, through the smoke, and up to the tree

pump action to the face

i

i cannot believe he let me do that

Blizzard

Banned
You need keys to open them but they drop randomly for playing. A few a week. RL is one dollar a key CSGO is 2.50.

Overwatch you can buy crates or get them for leveling or doing the arcade stuff gives you three a week.

RL has some a good amount of free cosmetics. CSGO you can get some from leveling or if you buy an operation pass you can drop a non statrak skin.
And that's what I'm saying, people would be happier if the crates kept dropping, or you could buy them in PUBG with coins like you can now.

The weird thing is 100% removing crate drops from the game. None of the other remotely similar popular games have done that to my knowledge.

Divius

Awkward squad standoff.

5 people left. Me and my buddy upstairs. 3 of their guys downstairs. Tiny circle. No nades.

Circle starts disappearing and everyone dies.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
oh oh guys, its over, pack it up...

BA8s9JO.png

:p

is this the first time since shortly after release that the game isnt on top?

edit: its on top again...

Magwik

Banned
I do have to wonder if the crates aren't meant to monetize back the 5 million who bought into early access. I can't imagine them expecting that many people to have bought it in such a short period of time, thus their projections may have been centered around revenue from the full release.
Either way it doesn't bother me as long as I can still pick up the trench coat normally on map for the match.

Top Bottom