• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Kadin

Well the Twitch Prime crate finally topped $100 which was my selling point. Also sold off the individual pieces which I bought pretty cheap. Not a bad profit for taking advantage of the free Twitch Prime trial, thx Amazon!

Jawmuncher

Well the Twitch Prime crate finally topped $100 which was my selling point. Also sold off the individual pieces which I bought pretty cheap. Not a bad profit for taking advantage of the free Twitch Prime trial, thx Amazon!

Damn. I should've held off. Oh well. Still made 1:1 to cover my PUBG purchase which was my main thing.

Plasmid

I'm waiting until its $300/400. Since it''s pure steam money i might as well wait.

empo

Someone else that can't cook grenades with R? Not sure if I want to try deleting my settings in case I can't bind crouchjump again.

Kadin

I'm waiting until its $300/400. Since it''s pure steam money i might as well wait.
Yeah I was originally going to wait until the $200-$300 range but it's fluctuated quite a bit over the past couple months going really low at times and I figured I might as well just sell it now. I'm sure it's gonna continue to rise but I'm satisfied with pulling the trigger now.

Looking at the market, all these crazy high-priced items like the skirts, etc., those are only from the crates you had to pay to unlock, right? Been out of the loop as of late and might look into obtaining some of these at some point.

I mean the last one broke a bunch of stuff and there was a shitload of lag that made the game unplayable for a lot of people. This time... the server location resets after a match if you play solo. I'm sure you can figure it the difference in severity.
But hey, don't let me get in between you and you're edginess.

Oh so now we're implying that the server switch thing is the only thing this patch broke?

Cute.

Btw, it's your*

Ferrio

Banned
I'd like to see more melee weapons added to the game that have secondary functions like the pan. Does anyone use anything other than the pan?

Drazgul

I'd like to see more melee weapons added to the game that have secondary functions like the pan. Does anyone use anything other than the pan?

If there's a choice? Hell naw. That slot could use some more functionality for sure - throwing weapons maybe?

CISphil

Neo Member
I am never touching a shotgun in this game again. Point blank 2 shots to the face of a stationary target... Completely miss both... If I wanted Xcom hit percentages, I'd play Xcom. Should've prayed my last 5 SCAR shots worked instead of switching.

Is it just me, or is it sometimes not giving correct bp amounts? I had 2 squad matches, I got nothing for the first and ~60 in the next despite getting ~130 in the results screen.

Hoo-doo

Banned
The Mini 14 fucking rips. Had a round with a decked out Mini 14 with 8X scope and it was like a damn railgun with no recoil.

Sure it's not made for distances past 200-300m but damn, it is by far the easiest to control sniper rifle in the game.

thejpfin

Second FPP win with 4 kills. Back to back two time!
I think I'm starting to like FPP more than TPP, you can actually flank enemies in FPP which is good.

jeffc919

I am never touching a shotgun in this game again. Point blank 2 shots to the face of a stationary target... Completely miss both... If I wanted Xcom hit percentages, I'd play Xcom. Should've prayed my last 5 SCAR shots worked instead of switching.

I'll often stubbornly leave shotguns on the ground even if I don't have a gun yet. Since I usually land far away from the plane I'm not expecting to see anyone for a while and I don't want to waste time picking up something I'm almost certain to drop. If I think someone might be around I'll pick it up but I'm dropping it as soon as I can put anything else in that slot. That said I have had a few fun shotgun kills when I knew someone was coming in the early game and the gun actually did what it was supposed to do.

Ferrio

Banned
I used to hate shotguns, then I learned the magic of the shotgun choke. A S1897 is often my secondary weapon as long as I have a choke with me.

Do you actually play the game or just whine? It's all I'm seeing whenever I check the thread, just your ignorant posts disregarding how game development actually works.

I play plenty, hence the irritation with the sloppy dev work.

Or am I not allowed to point out how humorously incompetent it is that not only is the Solo FPP -> Solo TPP reset issue still a thing, but now there's a server selection reset issue on top of it?

God, I've never gotten to shoot the Mini-14 at someone yet. I found one when I tried to drop in the new north compounds but then got shot driving for 5 minutes because the circle was all the way on the opposite side in Primorsk, then I killed a guy with one but it was a near final circle and I was on the far side so there was no way to outrun it and even with all my meds I'd have still died in the blue no matter how much I maximized healing.

Jarrod38

Really enjoying this game. Got three kills this time but made the mistake of getting out with only 10 people left and healing myself. Got killed but have no clue where though.

TheRed

Damn I had a suppressed mini 14 with extended mag in a solo fog match. Tore up 4 people with it. Then in the top 5 I was laying prone and I heard someone crawling nearby next to me, I turn around and the guy was already aimed and ready at my face and killed me so fast :/ wish I got to get the chicken dinner with that mini 14.

MUnited83

For you.
What magic do you think is going to happen when the game finally leaves Early Access? Do you think their patches will magically start being better tested and stop breaking things?

I can't wait til the game leaves EA to see what other excuses people cook up to defend sloppy dev-work

There isn't a single EA game that didn't break some things every now and then. Such a thing is literally impossible when you are actively developing a game.
Hey genius, i'll recommend you something right now. Don't fucking buy a fucking EA game if you can't handle patches breaking stuff. It isn't hard.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just played a couple of games since the patch, I like the fog and my game runs better with it, but I'm getting worse performance in general due to the force PP.

So proper FPP matchmaking is in now? If so I'm going to have so much more fun playing against other shitters.

MaximL

97 hours in and I finally get my first chicken dinner. 4 kills to me, Duos with my mate, absolutely pumped full of adrenaline by the end.

Final circle was field by ruins with all the mounds and uneven terrain, fucking awesome cover and postioning ability.

Fog is sort of cheap looking. Wish they would add a low light time of day, not quite night, but dark enough that muzzle flashes would really pop. Like this:

12.jpg

Fog is sort of cheap looking. Wish they would add a low light time of day, not quite night, but dark enough that muzzle flashes would really pop. Like this:

12.jpg

I think they've said that night/low lighting is something they probably won't add because there's no way to balance the fact that users can just pump up their gamma.

TheRed

Or am I not allowed to point out how humorously incompetent it is that not only is the Solo FPP -> Solo TPP reset issue still a thing, but now there's a server selection reset issue on top of it?
Crazy to call sloppy dev work. There's been more progress in this game in the 4 months I've had it than Battlefield 1 has in that time or even now and on that game I spent 100 dollars to get every part of the game that will get added. Took what a year for the 2nd dlc pack to finally come out? I'm much happier with these devs for this $30 game that has given me 10x the play time already compared to what I have in BF1. That doesn't come from sloppy devs. The game that is so fun and addictive didn't just pop out without the devs putting thought and hard work into all of it. Also some of the fastest progress has been made in this game than any early access games I've had or seen. Of course bugs happen in a game in development, no matter how much money they make they will still have to work through bugs as part of the process. DayZ anyone? Now that has sloppy dev work.

BigDes

God, I've never gotten to shoot the Mini-14 at someone yet. I found one when I tried to drop in the new north compounds but then got shot driving for 5 minutes because the circle was all the way on the opposite side in Primorsk, then I killed a guy with one but it was a near final circle and I was on the far side so there was no way to outrun it and even with all my meds I'd have still died in the blue no matter how much I maximized healing.

My first game post patch I managed in one house to get both a fully decked Mini-14 and a nearly full kitted out Thompson

Ran out of the house and got hit by a UAZ

Kei-

Crazy to call sloppy dev work. There's been more progress in this game in the 4 months I've had it than Battlefield 1 has in that time or even now and on that game I spent 100 dollars to get every part of the game that will get added. Took what a year for the 2nd dlc pack to finally come out? I'm much happier with these devs for this $30 game that has given me 10x the play time already compared to what I have in BF1. That doesn't come from sloppy devs. The game that is so fun and addictive didn't just pop out without the devs putting thought and hard work into all of it. Also some of the fastest progress has been made in this game than any early access games I've had or seen. DayZ anyone? Now that has sloppy dev work.

That's not a fair comparison at all. What came with BF1 initially is way more than is in PUBG.

TheRed

That's not a fair comparison at all. What came with BF1 initially is way more than is in PUBG.
Well yeah the amount of big maps yes. Still I thought a lot of them were bad and the single player was terrible. So the few maps that I felt were worthwhile made the game feel like super small value for what I paid. PUBG I am happy. Also many of the gameplay issues the BF community complains about seem to be ignored by DICE for a very long time so eventually a lot just stop playing like me. Bluehole has been much better at engaging and reacting to the community in my opinion, it doesn't feel like nothing is being heard like it does a feel lot with DICE.

Though the new dlc BF1 is very cool finally

PUBG feels way more polished than it did months ago and Early Access still applies when judging so harshly on little bugs. No matter how much money they're making, bugs will naturally happen. The warning was right there on the store page for everyone, they could've waited for final release if little bugs will set them off on a rant about lazy devs.

HowZatOZ

Banned

It isn't sloppy though? That's the point of early access, in that development is on going and issues will arise. Hell the bug with queue pick isn't new but with just a small change in code it could have triggered it again but in a completely different way. No one can ever foresee every single bug, especially with how lengthy coding for a game can get plus adding in new features can test the limits of old code.

Yeah I would have liked another day or two on the test server, but thinking that any more extended public server testing would have fixed all bugs and issues with a new patch is just impossible. No game will ever release bug free, even those with the biggest lineage behind them. You as a dev can not account for every single computer configuration let alone how every player is going to love and think. That's why public testing never solves all issues, the population is miniscule compared to actual live population.

That's my problem with your posts, is that your expectations are so wildly out of proportion yet you keep coming back blaming the devs when not much else can be done to keep bugs and issues out. They have a set milestone schedule, they still plan to release by the end of this year and I don't doubt there will be bugs on release, that's the nature of the beast. But your ignorance to those like myself who have pointed out it isn't the end of the world and that many other bigger games have come out with worse is annoying. Just enjoy the game mate, they are the developers and will handle bugs and fixes in a timely manner.

Rhoc

I think they've said that night/low lighting is something they probably won't add because there's no way to balance the fact that users can just pump up their gamma.

They could make it that everybody has to wear nightvision goggles and you can't unequip them. Would be really interesting to see everything on that typical green.

Uiki

Uhm, which one? I don't think the newer ones does that?

3.5 is native at 1800.. 2013 and chroma are the same mouse with a different name, it should be 800/1600 @ 500hz.

I'm not an expert on razer stuff because they are using a specific sensor no one is using anymore and i don't own a new deathadder to test it.

shiyrley

Banned
Anyone got the Nvidia highlights options greyed out after the patch? I have a GTX1070 and Shadowplay Instant Replay enabled, and this option was available and working fine 100% of the time before the patch. Now it's greyed out.

Also anyone knows the real DPI for the Mars Gaming MM2?

First round in the new patch and I get a win. AND IT WAS ON THE FUCKING AS SERVER. Hopefully they fix that shit real soon. Not only does it default to AS, but clicking cancel didn't work when I tried.

Anyone got the Nvidia highlights options greyed out after the patch? I have a GTX1070 and Shadowplay Instant Replay enabled, and this option was available and working fine 100% of the time before the patch. Now it's greyed out.

It's working for me and I didn't change anything.

*in top 10 with 3 kills, guy i just killed has a scar and kar to replace my m16 and ak* oh hell yes

*hears a guy trying to creep up behind me around a corner* haha, i have you my friend

*scar is in single fire, i guess the guy i killed didn't switch it to auto or the patch doesn't actually work that way* WELP

Cartman86

Banned
Some of those small changes they made have made for some real bummer games the past few days. Picking up a 4x that auto equips to my gun, and moving a red dot to said gun when I have full inventory so the 4x drops to the ground both have killed me. These weren't listed in the patch notes were they?

Some of those small changes they made have made for some real bummer games the past few days. Picking up a 4x that auto equips to my gun, and moving a red dot to said gun when I have full inventory so the 4x drops to the ground both have killed me. These weren't listed in the patch notes were they?

I have not had that happen. Picking up scopes has never auto-equipped them for me after the patch.

jeffc919

Uncheck instant replay and it won't be grayed out anymore.

Top Bottom