• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

JDB

Banned
C'mon people, it's already been mentioned a ton of times that the AS server thing is a bug. Just scroll up a bit before you ask.

C'mon people, it's already been mentioned a ton of times that the AS server thing is a bug. Just scroll up a bit before you ask.

Yeah I'll just wade through loads of pages in the hope that something pops up instead of asking and getting an instant answer.

Googling it was useless, I tried that first and it gave me people with slightly different issues.

JDB

Banned
Yeah I'll just wade through loads of pages in the hope that something pops up instead of asking and getting an instant answer.

Googling it was useless, I tried that first and it gave me people with slightly different issues.
17 posts isn't loads of pages.

MadSexual

I've been lurking in the Discord room for a few days but haven't interacted yet. Are there very many people in there new to the game looking for a squad? I've only got one friend with the game, but my schedule is fucked up lately and we haven't been able to work it out. I'm just ready for some duos or squads. Getting a little tired of solo all the time.

Archurro

I've been lurking in the Discord room for a few days but haven't interacted yet. Are there very many people in there new to the game looking for a squad? I've only got one friend with the game, but my schedule is fucked up lately and we haven't been able to work it out. I'm just ready for some duos or squads. Getting a little tired of solo all the time.

New people always pop up within the discord, and anyone is welcome to join an open group/look for people to play.

I feel like aim punching should go. I really don't like it. And I say that as someone that probably just won a game because of it. If you hit someone first, it's very hard for the other person to recover enough to shoot you back.

How does everyone else feel about that?

Jesus christ my hands get so shaky whenever I'm down to the final five.

It's an experience, for sure. No other game gives me that same feeling.

I think when they tried to fix teh bot situation, they made BP much harder to get in general. I notice I get a lot less even when I'm in the top 10, let alone when I win. That's kind of a bummer.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Played solo for the first time in a while, had a pretty good circle after heading south around mylta. Ended up #3 after killing a few people. I worried too much about the guy over the hill from me that had just killed 2-3 people with the mini-14. Turned my back and got killed with an m16 somewhere across the road from me.

Daffy Duck

Must suck. I've yet to crash once in my +90h played. Hope it stays like this.

It’s only since the most recent patch.

Game won’t load, loads up just the background picture with no menu, cannot quit the game then.

Also crashing after every game.

Funnily enough after that initial crash earlier I played for 4 hours with no issue.

Had my best moment yesterday. Mate gets downed entering an apartment of some kind

Two enemies are on BOTH sides of the apartment stairs. So I manage to kill one, then go around the other stairs to find him getting picked up by his mate and kill them both.

Felt good.

Then later, I was in final 4 or 5, and panicked an easy shot. Took down one guy, then focused to hard on finishing him instead of taking down his partner.

The very second I look the other way after camping houae to house for 20 min and I get shot at

What weapons should I be picking up? Shotgunned a guy once or twice but couldnt get the kill over his

I feel like aim punching should go. I really don't like it. And I say that as someone that probably just won a game because of it. If you hit someone first, it's very hard for the other person to recover enough to shoot you back.

How does everyone else feel about that?
I think it's fair, especially against snipers that can one shot headshot you.

I made the realization I don't shoot enough in duos and squads.

I spent most of my game time playing solo and I got in the habit of holding my fire until I was sure I would get a kill. Because if I let loose in that mode, I'd get side busted by another player 9/10 times. I'm having a helluva time breaking this habit though.

I'm still winning a good amount of team games though. So maybe I'm still contributing in my teams even though I have a low body count. Or I'm just falling into a bunch of random carry groups, lol.

Par Score

Yay, second ever Duo Chicken Dinner!

Once again, we both lived until the end. This time was a crazy finish in and around a 3-story house. Tommy Gun > Ghillie Suit... eventually.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Won a squad game today, it was my friends first win since he got the game last week which was nice. It ended at containers so it was a real maze at the end trying to find the last squad.

I finally own this game. Any decent beginner tips or things that aren't obvious I should know about the game before jumping in?

Press F in a vehicle for speed boost, after youve reached a good speed

Got finished with a round where my teammates all died and then I managed to get to top 12 alone, down a guy, rush for the finish only to get finished by his teammate

I accidentally queued into AS Solos and boy howdy had I forgotten what that was like.

I actually quit out after three kills because I had to go do something else, but it's like playing vs bots when you have no AS MMR.

edit: oh, and this week's flavor of Reddit "one weird trick to boost your performance!!!"? it actually worked for me this time.

I had the opposite experience. When the game started putting me in AS servers when I didn't notice I was curious why I was suddenly racking up chicken dinners and getting a much higher kdr.

Chicken Dinner today followed by 6 games of not killing a single person. Feels bad :(

I'm having the same kind of night. I won a game earlier, but ever since then I've been playing horribly. Mostly just running straight into campers and getting destroyed.

Somehow a guy was racing me with a jeep (me in a Dacia) and he was able to get out without dying and start shooting at my car. Like... how the fuck.

Euphor!a

Banned
Can anyone tell my why the Twitch Prime Crate is so much more expensive than its contents? It's going for like $125 while everything in it only goes for less than $20.

I had the opposite experience. When the game started putting me in AS servers when I didn't notice I was curious why I was suddenly racking up chicken dinners and getting a much higher kdr.

That's what I meant. I didn't mean "playing against bots" as if it was difficult, I meant like 90s shooters when bots just ran straight at you or didn't turn around.

Zomba13

That can't be all it is, right? There has to be more to it.

Pretty sure part of it is the "collection" aspect. Like, it's a limited item (because most people opened theirs) so it has more value.

Like how in the TF2 economy Bills caps, earbuds and Max Heads were the goto currency along with keys (might've changed, been out of the hat scene for a long time).

Podge293

That can't be all it is, right? There has to be more to it.

Supply and demand. Right now demand exceeds supply so people are snatching at them willing to pay extraordinary prices for something that opened values considerably less.

So yeah people are idiots correctly sums this up

It's pretty much a commodity market and some people are willing to pay a lot for exclusive/rare items to showcase on their profiles. Some traders are just buying items to sell later for profit, with no interest in the item itself.

So uh will the Gamescom crate ever be worth that much

I keep panicking during the last few circles and rushing into the white long before I need to, thus exposing me. Which should have been obvious after sniping someone else in the middle just seconds earlier. I suck at being patient.

So uh will the Gamescom crate ever be worth that much

The gamescom crates will probably never exceed $5. There's 150,000 for sale right now and that number never seems to go down.

Meanwhile, there are only 135 twitch prime sets for sale...

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
I just had 3 great games of squads, we went 5th, 3rd and 6th.
I think few things are as satisfying as having a squad v squad shoot out in a building like hospital while having your friend do call outs, rotating in and out for heals, suppressing, clearing rooms and rushing for the kill.

Time to just take a break.

I went in thinking I'm going to be aggressive and take on all fights. So I'm driving and I hear shots near me. I think he's trying to hit me. I get out and start peppering him with a Mini14. I get killed from behind. Turns out, he was fighting someone else.

Fuck this game.

brentech

20170924000943_1.jpg

Had never really used a tommy gun before. Our squad had a hard time finding weapons this game, so I ran with it and an SKS. Used the SKS and my buddies scope to mop up guys as we worked our way into the final 2 circles of the game. Got the last 3 kills in the game, and 2 of them with the tommy gun. pretty fantastic if you crouch and hold right click. You can really just light an area up.

Chicago Typewriters are completely legit. I wouldn't be surprised they'd be nerfed with that rate + caliber combo.

Time to just take a break.

I went in thinking I'm going to be aggressive and take on all fights. So I'm driving and I hear shots near me. I think he's trying to hit me. I get out and start peppering him with a Mini14. I get killed from behind. Turns out, he was fighting someone else.

Fuck this game.

Tier 3 vest

Tier 3 helmet

Tier 3 backpack

stimulants like WHOA son

AWM

4x scope

All after gunning down 2 guys in great CQC (a sign I'm doing better!), and headed to high ground with my new toy.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand I'm gunned down from behind in the middle of fucking nowhere.

BigDes

Always feels good when you get a fully tricked out mini 14 and a sidedish akm then run out the house and get a pan to the head.

ajanke

getting random black screens throughout when playing. They appear random. Only happens on this game though so it's not the video card, updated driver, downgraded, can't figure it out. Oh and random crashes. Man this update destroyed me lol.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
Whenever I'm kitted out I always die in ridiculously dumb ways way early on. Whenever I'm just running around with an ump, level 1 vest, backpack, helmet, 1 medkit and 30 rounds in an AK with a red dot I always make it to final 10.

It's just a crap shoot lol.

Blizzard

Banned
Whenever I'm kitted out I always die in ridiculously dumb ways way early on. Whenever I'm just running around with an ump, level 1 vest, backpack, helmet, 1 medkit and 30 rounds in an AK with a red dot I always make it to final 10.

It's just a crap shoot lol.
Ha that's what I said earlier, I have exactly the same experiences. Ungeared vector? Top 6, sure.

Top Bottom