• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PLAYERUNKNOWNS BATTLEGROUNDS Early Access Thread: This Is Battle Royale

Tovarisc

90% of the time I can tell which direction a shot is coming from.

The other 10% of the time I circle around a tree and the shooter is still somehow shooting at me on every direction without me seeing.

If not using yet consider headphones. After that it's just getting used to directional audio of the game. Suppressed shots are pain to figure out.

Is there a reason why there isn't a killcam or replay to show where the enemies are? Is it so players can't tattle-tale to others on their team or something?

TheMan

this game is based on arma III's engine, right? so if I my rig can play that then this game should run decently?

GodofWine

Will this come out on console?

They said after PC is done, but id not hold my breath for a ps4 xb1 release, i just dont think it will run well enough. Scorpio and beyond maybe, but still that jaguar cpu.

Or who knows, maybe they will optimize it well and itll work.

Flip and roll a buggy all the way down one of the big hills which nearly destroys it, forced to use it anyway to head into the final circle on the mountain south of the school, steal a UAZ, dodging bullets from all sides and the owner of the UAZ, take a head shot but barely survive and duck behind the UAZ sandwiched between a rock and the blue with smoke to heal as it whittles down to the Top 10, rushing to the center where a single small house lies, there's four crashed buggies outside of it (including one blocking a door), ram the UAZ through the fence straight up to the window where the guy barricaded inside is, toss three frag grenades through window, all three end up bouncing in a different direction than where the marker showed (including one that somehow ricocheted outside the house at a 75 degree angle), pop up and blast the guy with the AKM... except I'm still in single fire, then trying to blast him with the double barrel, which just barely misses him, then running around to the side to prepare more frags as I take a small hit... and then a second after rounding the corner, another shot suddenly registers as lag catches up and I die.

aw darnit

Finished 2nd thanks to good/bad luck.

Good = I took out 3 dudes in the final 5 (game total of 5k's, my best yet).
Bad = In doing so gave away my position and the winner picked me off.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
aw darnit

Finished 2nd thanks to good/bad luck.

Good = I took out 3 dudes in the final 5 (game total of 5k's, my best yet).
Bad = In doing so gave away my position and the winner picked me off.

Where was the final circle? I had a game I won where it was down to five, I waited a bunch and just kicked off the last one.

Theoris

Neo Member
They said after PC is done, but id not hold my breath for a ps4 xb1 release, i just dont think it will run well enough. Scorpio and beyond maybe, but still that jaguar cpu.

Or who knows, maybe they will optimize it well and itll work.

The developers already have it working on the Xb1 Preview scheme and are polishing it. It's definitely coming to base units.

AcridMeat

Banned
Oh MAN what a great night of games. Won first round of the night, and got in the top 10 in the majority of the other rounds.

B00719E22DCAF3F6800F26F78F28E38070C5DF39
This one in particular felt awesome because all of my kills came after my squadmates died and there were 30 something left. I camped outside the building that a squad of 4 killed them in,and slowly/methodically picked them off as they appeared. It felt so damn good when I got the last one. We were both prone in tall grass so it was hard for either of us to keep an eye on each other.

The loot going back feels so good. I play so much better once I'm not constantly trying to find something vital.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I've never actually bothered to check/notice but how does scrubs/grass factor into what you can see in the distance? I like to hide prone in the grass on a hill looking out while I scout or even better in a bush but is that grass and bush rendered at a distance?

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I've never actually bothered to check/notice but how does scrubs/grass factor into what you can see in the distance? I like to hide prone in the grass on a hill looking out while I scout or even better in a bush but is that grass and bush rendered at a distance?

Probably not - but its hard to say since its a little hard to test these things out on public servers.

Tovarisc

What is the official Discord? Is it the Reddit one?

Developers have their own.

Grass isn't rendered, but downscaled bush is. It's possible you are easier to spot from distance because of that.

Moldiver

Rendered to a distance you would want, I had a long rifle battle with 3 other players in a cornfield with bushes last night. Was really fun.

ScipiosDefence

Neo Member
Got 60 matches in and zero wins, I'm enjoying every minute but I'm really not good at getting kills.

I can survive until the top 20 fairly often but my aim seems to be crap or the server lag is messing my aim when I get in a firefight.

I haven't won any. Gotten "lots" of top 10, top 5s, 2 and 3rds though. It'll happen one day. Probably once first person servers go up and all the noobs stick to third.

Glass

Just witnessed Lirik get 22 kills and the win whilst solo queuing into a squad match. Time to get the LMG and camp the bridge.

Is there a reason why there isn't a killcam or replay to show where the enemies are? Is it so players can't tattle-tale to others on their team or something?

That's probably why and I don't mind not knowing where they got me from. I would however like to see their character and what they have equipped, that'd be neat.

Robaperas

Bought the game because of Giant Bomb, got to top 10 in SA servers twice in a row, I got shot on a hill when the circle started to close, after killing a guy hiding in a bathroom.

This game truly is nerve-racking.

Bought the game because of Giant Bomb, got to top 10 in SA servers twice in a row, I got shot on a hill when the circle started to close, after killing a guy hiding in a bathroom.

This game truly is nerve-racking.

Same boat. I just had my career best finish of #4 and I just had to stop playing. I'm so jittery now haha.

Top Bottom