• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playfire Rewards Discussion Thread

That is an incredibly crappy promo.

"Buy it and then play it to get the same amount of money back!"

In other words, get it for free.

This isn't really what I'd call a crappy promo. The whole program exists for them to make customers use GMG. With this promo

1. You can buy the game and get your money spent on it back.
2. You can consider it a 'buy one get one free' offer.
3. If you happened to obtain one of the many free Steam keys that have been given out in the past, then it's most profitable reward ever given out by the program. Someone on reddit found a source that is giving out free keys right now.

In other words, get it for free.

This isn't really what I'd call a crappy promo. The whole program exists for them to make customers use GMG. With this promo

1. You can buy the game and get your money spent on it back.
2. You can consider it a 'buy one get one free' offer.
3. If you happened to obtain one of the many free Steam keys that have been given out in the past, then it's most profitable reward ever given out by the program. Someone on reddit found a source that is giving out free keys right now.

Well, yes, but how many people actually would do that?

Well, yes, but how many people actually would do that?

I'm not sure I understand. How many people would do what?

If you're talking about buying the game, well, it's currently the 3rd best selling game on GMG so obviously this promotion is working out for them. If you were referring to getting a key outside of GMG... as I've already mentioned, the game is a bit of a flop and Square Enix has given away tons of keys in the past. If someone missed them all, this was another opportunity.

From their perspective, the fewer people who get absolutely free credit, the more successful the promo actually is.

I got a mail from Square Enix with a key to the Nosgoth closed beta last month that I never activated... Just tried putting it in and it worked, got Nosgoth on my account now.

Thanks for the free 1.20€, Square!

Vuze

Dayum, free money! Now put up GTAV for pre-order already >:c
305b9fc4b3.png

Grotar

Any1 wonna do gun monkeys win 10 games in a row achievement? We trade wins, pm me if interested.

EDIT: finished it, such a boring game no way I am going for 100 win achiev.....

Vuze

So, just saw this:
2e5f564087.png

Pretty neat if that's one of the new features GMG was talking about a while back (Voucher code snipped obviously)

radMonkey

Hey folks,

Long time no see. Just an FYI we're testing codes and vouchers for rewards. This is just a test and we're not replacing credit, so don't take this as an indication of the rewards or format of rewards to come.

Currently if you play Shadow of Mordor you get 27% off the Season Pass. I'll be putting one up later for Alien Isolation, based on completing the game, that get's you 25% off the Season Pass, just to see if it works. Feedback always welcome.

I think I found a broken reward. The £0.10 you're supposed to get for playing Sigils of Elohim isn't working. It appears on Tuesday's page but doesn't appear in the active rewards page. Unsurprisingly I haven't received credit for it either.

Rewards are back again. It sounds like it's only going to be one game a week though? Playing Batman: Arkham Knight for an hour is the sole reward at the moment.

I just discovered this. Looks pretty bland at the moment but looking at this thread has me thinking this program could be worthwhile.

Lomax

Yeah, this program basically died almost a year ago now and the relaunch isn't looking like it will be much of anything. But it was glorious for a while though, got a ton of free games from GMG.

Top Bottom