• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation 3 FW 3.60 is up

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Up on PSN now.

You can change the amount of time before your controller auto-sleeps. lol.

vocab

gutter_trash said:
useful for watching DVDs and forgetting to turn off the controller

It already does that. Not sure if OP is joking. But there has always been an option for that.

CozMick

Banned
But we all know there will be hidden, you know "security measures"which is a good thing.

Also, before this fw update the options for auto-off were 10 minutes and 1 hour.

vocab said:
It already does that. Not sure if OP is joking. But there has always been an option for that.
I think he means you can change the amount of time now for it to turn off instead of it always just being 10 mins, unless it is a joke.

Cruzader

Banned
OP, why didn't you put Cloud Saves feature is up for PSN+ users? That's why there's te update. Lol

Anyhow Demons Souls save file, saved online! Ha!

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Why do you guys think I'm joking? It literally says that on the release notes.

Anyway, you can change it to 10 minutes, 20 minutes, or 30 minutes. So, the new auto-sleep times are pretty much worthless. It just extends the amount of time.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Wario64 said:
Anyway, you can change it to 10 minutes, 20 minutes, or 30 minutes. So, the new auto-sleep times are pretty much worthless. It just extends the amount of time.
They're geniuses.

fernoca

Wario is not joking. :p
Is the first and only thing that appears listed when you accept the terms of service, as the new additions of this update. Cloud Saving doesn't appear in there; probably because it's a Plus-thing only; who knows.

HaRyu

Unconfirmed Member
After updating, first thing I did was backup my Demon's Souls save.
*insert evil maniacal laughter here*

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Goddamn that was fast @_@!

Took me 1.5 minute to DL the whole Firmware, never this fast, and 50% installed, the fuck?, sneaky/hidden internet super highway for PSN+ users to get firmware quicker.../conspiracy theory

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Repostin' here:

I have 46 unique game save files in my cloud right now, some huge (Fallout Vegas is 12mb) some tiny (quite a few at under 150k) and I'm at 121mb free space remaining.

I'd like to see more space, but it's not as big an issue as I thought it would be. Devs just better get a handle on save sizes from now on though.

Wario64 said:
Cloud saves :lol

It's not even on the release notes. That's how much Sony cares.
Yeah that's kind a strange. You'd think Sony would add it to the notes but have a statement in bold stating that it's for PS+ members only.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
dorkimoe said:
Is there an update every week? Everytime I turn my ps3 on I have to update
Maybe you gotta start turning your PS3 on more than once every two months.

Downloading now. After It's done installing gonna sign up for Plus. So I can get my extra 3 months. Yes Cloud Saving is what pushed me over the edge. Though I am sad I missed Stacking =[

Oh god, So many periods. Forgive me.

DonMigs85

Their cloud saving doesn't seem much different than me saving the data myself on some other online service thru my PC. The games can't directly load saves from online right?

Top Bottom