• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale Beta Thread - Online as smooth as butter

tribal24

Banned
All you do for Radec is bring the fight to him like someone mentioned above , his close range is nonexistant. So far only person i think that is a problem is Sly's Level 1 super he gains it to fast.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
just saw the glitch in the game.

Glitch: Sweet tooth was kicking kratos with super 1, so I shot Kratos right after Sweet Teeth Super1-Kick him. I died instantly too, along with kratos.

Edited: I was completely opposite of the side, and i used red laser move.

Verendus

Banned
Roster so far:

1. Nathan Drake
2. Sly Cooper
3. Jak and Daxter
4. Kratos
5. Radec
6. Sweet Tooth
7. Fat Princess
8. Toro
9. Heihachi
10. Cole
11. Big Daddy
12. PaRappa

My hopes for the remaining picks:

13. Cloud
14. Snake
15. Crash
16. Spyro
17. Gex
18. Sir Daniel
19. Spike
20. Dart
21. Alundra
22. Kat
23. Gabe Logan
24. Wander
25. Sackboy
26. Ellen (Folklore)

I think 26 is a realistic number, maybe I'm pushing it by one or two. But that right there, that would be an amazing roster. Quite varied. And potential for some very different fighting styles.

tribal24

Banned
just saw the glitch in the game.

Glitch: Sweet tooth was kicking kratos with super 1, so I shot Kratos right after Sweet Teeth Super1-Kick him. I died instantly too, along with kratos.

Edited: I was completely opposite of the side, and i used red laser move.

Yeah there's also one with Sweet Tooth where he kicks them one direction they end up KOing in another direction.

All you do for Radec is bring the fight to him like someone mentioned above , his close range is nonexistant. So far only person i think that is a problem is Sly's Level 1 super he gains it to fast.

I'm actually using Radec medium to close range, I like him a lot.

My full review on beta:
trinitydancing.gif

Surprisingly Fat Princess is my favourite character. Her square wand attacks are very easy to use and have great area of effect. Up square is great and easy to use for juggling. Triangle attacks are also very basic and good for new players. Her butt stomp and ballerina dance have good aoe and are great when you are surrounded. Her circle attacks are where it gets more advanced. She summons her minions and attacks by proxy and the timing is pretty slow on them so they suck when you are up close but can be used for setting up enemies that are closing in.

You can see how other princessess are happy to meet such a great player. Tho my princess seems to be a lil sad for such scrubs wasting her time :<.

I also played 1 round with parappa and managed to win it using only his lvl 1 super! Some say that Sly's lvl 1 super is the best one but I think Parappas is just as good. It doesn't have much of a range but its great for AA and is very fast and hard to dodge.

Also the beta online is so, soooooo good. Every match I played was better than any I did with Brawl. Also I fuckin suck with Radec lol.

Roster so far:

1. Nathan Drake
2. Sly Cooper
3. Jak and Daxter
4. Kratos
5. Radec
6. Sweet Tooth
7. Fat Princess
8. Toro
9. Heihachi
10. Cole
11. Big Daddy
12. PaRappa

My hopes for the remaining picks:

13. Cloud
14. Snake
15. Crash
16. Spyro
17. Gex
18. Sir Daniel
19. Spike
20. Dart
21. Alundra
22. Kat
23. Gabe Logan
24. Wander
25. Sackboy
26. Ellen (Folklore)

I think 26 is a realistic number, maybe I'm pushing it by one or two. But that right there, that would be an amazing roster. Quite varied. And potential for some very different fighting styles.

Why you no haz Tomba?

Mikey Jr.

My full review on beta:
trinitydancing.gif

Surprisingly Fat Princess is my favourite character. Her square wand attacks are very easy to use and have great area of effect. Up square is great and easy to use for juggling. Triangle attacks are also very basic and good for new players. Her butt stomp and ballerina dance have good aoe and are great when you are surrounded. Her circle attacks are where it gets more advanced. She summons her minions and attacks by proxy and the timing is pretty slow on them so they suck when you are up close but can be used for setting up enemies that are closing in.

You can see how other princessess are happy to meet such a great player. Tho my princess seems to be a lil sad for such scrubs wasting her time :<.

I also played 1 round with parappa and managed to win it using only his lvl 1 super! Some say that Sly's lvl 1 super is the best one but I think Parappas is just as good. It doesn't have much of a range but its great for AA and is very fast and hard to dodge.

Also the beta online is so, soooooo good. Every match I played was better than any I did with Brawl. Also I fuckin suck with Radec lol.

Nice! Thanks for the review!

Need more videos up in this bitch.

Any tips on playing Parappa? He's the only character I'm still complete garbage with. Lol

As for latency, most games are lag free but I have had one or two iffy games with characters teleporting and such.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Stop posting the wrong list. I'm #68 -_-

Updated list:

6. KevinCow
7. Oyashiro-Sama
10.Jafku
11.ScraftyDevil
13.Silent_Ocarina
18.SolidSnake
21.Grokbu
22.cnizzle06
23. thepotatoman
27. G0rillaz
28. Solidus51
29. btkadams
30. devilwillcry
31. Zabuza
32. Jaroof
33. Daniel_Gonzz
34. Schobeleth
35. SykoTech
36. HiiiLife
37. Xkillthemx
38. PSY&#12539;S
39. Ploid 3.0
40. Donos_de
41. darkwing
42. #1 defender
43. Leezard
44. Desmond
45. Acquiescence
46. Caffer
47. Cyberia
48. Dusky
49. SoulUnison
50. Chuck Norris
51. murderofMonkey
52. Ryce
53. FinKL
54. Pai Pai Master
55. Sheengrtr
56.GMN
57. nitrowolf2
58.Zen
59.WinFonda
60.mauaus
61.pharmboy044
62.Cyborg009
63.Byronic Hero
64.abrack08
65.rainking187
66. YoungOne
67. Wario64
68. Nightz
69. tucah
70. Catalix
71. KooPaL
72. Takuya.
73. Relix

Why not... played competitive Brawl to certain degree. Dying to test this out. So glad reports say its not LIKE Smash.

OK, the beta has frozen on me three times now and Ive had to hard reset. Didnt happen for the first 3 days. I want to play real bad but dont want to ruin my PS3. I hope the servers arent a mess for the weekend, this always seems to happy with PS3 games

EDIT: Sorry didn't know about the list.

Hoping that there's a PS+ NA beta in the future. I didn't get in right now but I'm not going to give up hope when there's a high chance of multiple wave invites. :)

However, I'd love to get into beta if anyone has any spare invites.

Verendus

Banned
Why you no haz Tomba?
There's an elaborate answer to that question.

But, it's a lie.

The truth is, I forgot to include him. Yes, I'm ashamed. I would replace Gabe Logan with him since we already have some characters with guns.

Still can't believe it whenever people suggest Gex. Maybe for the potential spin-off, Playstation D-List Battle Royale.
Why you gotta be like that about Gex?

I grew up with him, Spyro, Crash, Mario and Sonic.

In all seriousness, I would suspect Gex is probably suggested because those folks played his game as kids. Plus, he's a lizard man. A lizard. Who plays the ukulele and surfs.

Oh, wow. I had no idea that the Beta was already out for this. I'm interested in playing if anyone has a spare code laying around.

Onto YouTube to see video impressions, I guess.

Any tips on playing Parappa? He's the only character I'm still complete garbage with. Lol

As for latency, most games are lag free but I have had one or two iffy games with characters teleporting and such.
I'm no expert but allways go in for a fight like a rabid dog. Your best bet would probably be harrasing Radec if there is one in the match. Also do not save for lvl 3, his lvl 1 is sooo good and easy to use that you should be able to get a kill with it most times. It also seems that Parappa is not that hot in the air so stay on the ground.

Boss Man

Awesome.
KuGsj.gif

I am digging it so far. I need to get used to the characters though. So far, it has been hard to keep track of my character. Hoping that either I will get used to it or they will do something about it. I'm loving the variety of the characters, they've done a really good job with the moves and Supers. The game has been exceptionally smooth for me so far, aside from a few odd bugs every now and then. The net code seems very good to be behaving so well this early.

Ironically, Radec's grapple removes a BIG chunk of your AP, in comparison, Parappa barely gets any AP out of you. Also, I love how there are like 3 grapples per character

Top Bottom