• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadWolf

I think Samanosuke Akechi of Onimusha fame would be a great pick. Not only was Onimusha synonymous of the Playstation 2 early on being its first million seller and at a time being a primary mascot of Capcom (its #5 among Capcom's most lucrative franchises though that might've changed given its absence) Samanosuke is a pretty interesting character with a wide variety of abilities. Not only can use a bow for distance attacks but hopefully they'd work his eight elemental weapons into the game. He'd be the perfect rival character for Kratos and then throw in his Onimusha form! They'd be crazy not to consider him at least

My character wishlist would go something like this, I'll try not to have characters that overlap/play alike
1. Dante
2. Ryu Hayabusa
3. Samanosuke
4. Ryu SF
5. Rau (Mark of Kri)

Rau and Tati would be effing awesome.

vg260

Last night i was thinking in the same thing. The 3rd party is the most important thing in this.

"Buy last game of Capcom and unlock Megaman X"
"Buy last game of Ubisoft and unlock Ezio"
"Buy last game of Naughty Dog and unlock Doughtnut Drake"

Everybody wins

btw, figthing with portals is an excelent idea!

Publishers win. That sounds awful.

thumbsup3lycle.gif

LOL WTF?

Trike

Wow, Parappa. Didn't see that coming, nice. Japanese Playstation cats will probably be in. Maybe some Yakuza love? Sir Daniel Fortesque? Captain Blasto? Pile of guns from GTA? Grand Turismo.

I'll probably give it a try, but I have yet to see a Smash Bros inspired game that has made me want to do anything other than just play Smash Bros. Well there was that shitty Onimusha game, but that was just to unlock the Mega Man characters.

Loudninja

Since the leaked source was pretty much right on everything I guess these characters are confirmed

Nathan Drake
Jak & Daxter
Nariko*base on old screenshot that looks like Nariko.
James Bond
Ratchet&Clank
Sackboy

Since the leaked source was pretty much right on everything I guess these characters are confirmed

Nathan Drake
Jak & Daxter
Nariko*base on old screenshot that looks like Nariko.
James Bond
Ratchet&Clank
Sackboy

Any idea who the character was on the screen in the background of the segment? Looked a blonde in a white dress with a purple blouse and gold belt.

Hero

The spinning move has been there since GOW1 and is in every GOW game. Please just stop. It just confirms you havent played the GOW franchise. Which is cool nothing wrong with that but saying the moves are like Link's is just hilarious.

O RLY?

Photo1.jpg

I wasn't saying Kratos didn't have the spinning move, I was pointing out the fact that it's funny that it looks like it has the same exact properties of Link's up+B attack in Smash Bros.

We've had smash rip offs before, its not like its new. There was that TMNT game for example...

I'm not really interested because I hate Sony in all honesty and eagerly hope their woes continue (some of their obnoxious fans here and a broken ps3 have done that to me), but this is probably going to be really cool for fans of their franchises and exclusives.

Because I'm allowed to dislike whatever I want?

I chimed in because fellow Nintendo fans were bitching about it being a rip off... I don't think it matters whether it is or not, Sony fans will like and appreciate it... Even if I don't care for it. Dont be so precious.

This is gold. I love this thread.

Redford

aka Cabbie
A bit too blatant for my liking, like most other Sony initiatives taking "inspiration" from Nintendo. But that's great that people are excited for it.

Mr Swine

Banned
I can see this becoming a much much bigger hit than Smash Bros Meele/Brawl ever became. I can see this game selling up to 15 million worldwide

A bit too blatant for my liking, like most other Sony initiatives taking "inspiration" from Nintendo. But that's great that people are excited for it.

If only Nintendo could take "inspiration" from other companies...

People make it sound like the Wii should be the best gaming console this generation.

Speevy

Banned
I want the Devil Dice guy in the game.

The number on the dice is facing you, and you have to push him backwards or forwards to initiate an attack.

That's fanboyish and you should consider what you are saying.
That's like being upset if Burger King copied a food product from McDonalds.

As far as the rest of the world is concerned? They REALLY don't care if there are competitor versions of a good product. In fact... we actually LIKE having competitors don't we?

r_x2

Journey-Shadow of the Colossus Stage Idea
How about having the Journey mountain as the general stage and then from behind the dunes a fucking colossus emerges - or have phalanx flying around

For the rooster i'd really like these
- Ratchet and Clank
-Zeus
-Jak and Dexter
-Cole (Vampire version, please)
-False King

3rd party
-Bayonetta
-Cloud
-Sephiroth
-Pyramid Head

Stages i'd like to see