• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just beat Gravity Rush yesterday and I just am in love with Kat. Her personable character and just voice makes her one of my fave female game characters.

Oh man imagine Kat Vs Lightning
*NERDGASM*

Just think of all the Kat x Cole Fanfics!

2b5.jpg

Having too played the Beta I completely agree with Jeff, it does feel soulless and lacking excitement. I truly feel it has potential that may well be realised in a sequel but right now it just feels bad and a marketing tool for 3rd party developers.

This is not the Battle Royale I have been anticipating for 10 years.

Turn the volume up high.

*adjust score*

Crow eaters: 100
Crow dishers: 4

Endo Punk

i know this has already been brought up but how the fuck is cloud from ff7 not in this game?
He can't be in the game because Superbot has to market Cacom's upcoming DmC reboot. DUH! What do you think, PlayStation legacy characters are more important than characters from upcoming games? You nuts!

Iknos

You guys remember POWERSTONE on the Dreamcast?

This game should have been like that.

Yeah it might play different that Smash Brothers but damn it looks like an attempt at a ripoff.

But if they went with the Powerstone style of overhead fighting it could have stood out.

Yeah it might play different that Smash Brothers but damn it looks like an attempt at a ripoff.

But if they went with the Powerstone style of overhead fighting it could have stood out.

Then people would start complaining and comparing it unfavourably to Power Stone. The game is fine the way it is.

They already have a multiplayer game coming up that's built in a similar way to Powerstone. God of War: Ascension. And yes i'm serious. They've said that it was one of their main inspirations for it.

Gorillaz

I assume the lack of soul has to do with the lack of the heavy hitters from the ps1 era like crash,spyro, etc.

Which is understandable.

Spinluck

Just saw a video of the beta and RedSkinsRock was in it.
If you've played him you understand my level of disgust. I'm so disgusted I think I'm just going to bed haha

Okaaay...
*quietly leaves thread*

So tell me, why is this "RedSkinsRock" so disliked here? Lol.

Not sure if I've played him or not.

Some players I find annoying are Harley(with a sequence of numbers I don't remember I believe they start with 2) and Mon-kee, Monkey-King, or something like that, I don't know why I can't remember their names. But damn do they spam, not to mention they're quite laggy sometimes.

No offense if those are Gaf'ers or friends of Gaf'ers. But damn.

Gorillaz

So tell me, why is this "RedSkinsRock" so disliked here? Lol.

Not sure if I've played him or not.

Some players I find annoying are Harley(with a sequence of numbers I don't remember I believe they start with 2) and Mon-kee, Monkey-King, or something like that, I don't know why I can't remember their names. But damn do they spam, not to mention they're quite laggy sometimes.

No offense if those are Gaf'ers or friends of Gaf'ers. But damn.

RedSkinsRocks uses only sly and spams triangle the entire time then uses lvl 1 sly to wipe down the field. Or worse he builds up his supers. Exploiting the hell out of sly coopers moveset

Spinluck

Damn he sounds annoying lol.

I also just realized that Sly has a move that reverses your controls. -___-

This whole time I thought it was the game acting funny.
He definitely shouldn't have that move though, he's good enough.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So I got Medievil off PSN to see what Sir Daniel is all about. I only got a few levels in but I really don't want to play it anymore. Why did so many people want him in this game? He has an ugly design, his ingame moveset and controls sucks, the theme of his game is generic halloween affair, there is no story and thus no characterization outside of the fact that his death was highly acclaimed yet unheroic, the game itself has horrible level and enemy design. I almost never see his games talked about outside of the context of PSAS. His three games got middling scores and sales.

Man I just really don't see it. One of you guys are going to have to explain to me why he is so damned special.

So I got Medievil off PSN to see what Sir Daniel is all about. I only got a few levels in but I really don't want to play it anymore. Why did so many people want him in this game? He has an ugly design, his ingame moveset and controls sucks, the theme of his game is generic halloween affair, there is no story and thus no characterization outside of the fact that his death was highly acclaimed yet unheroic, the game itself has horrible level and enemy design. I almost never see his games talked about outside of the context of PSAS. His three games got middling scores and sales.

Man I just really don't see it. One of you guys are going to have to explain to me why he is so damned special.

Because he's awesome. You're the one with the problem :p

Jawmuncher

I had a lot of fun with Number 2.
Since the first game was just a remake of the first it was just ok.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I had a lot of fun with Number 2.
Since the first game was just a remake of the first it was just ok.

Maybe I should have bought number 2 then, but I already wasted 6 bucks on the first one so I'm not willing to take a chance wasting 6 dollars on another.

Has there been any word on a bundle deal with the PS3 and Vita versions? They are pushing the pre-order skins, but I don't want to order it before I know what the best deal is going to be.

Drencrom

Has there been any word on a bundle deal with the PS3 and Vita versions? They are pushing the pre-order skins, but I don't want to order it before I know what the best deal is going to be.

I think they have commented on it and said it's possible they'll make one.

Those strategy videos are fun little watches. They'll be even better when we see some characters not in the beta because they're essentially write-ups in video form.
Still just fun to watch gameplay and listen to what Omar has to say

lol the videos are okay I wanted something more like this though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWGP1hspndY

They've got quite a few fighting game community people working there. So they could put together some impressive videos. I'm expecting/hoping that as the game gets closer to release they'll give the game over to some of the streamers to show it off. That'll be a good way of showing what's really possible with these characters.

KalBalboa

Banned
PlayStation All-Stars: Kratos and Radec Strategy Videos

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/07/playstation-all-stars-kratos-and-radec-strategy-videos/

Yes finally something new!

These are such a good tease. I'd never seen the first-person grab by Kratos before either- that's a treat for any fan of GoW3.

Poor Drake though.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/supe...orts-arcade-stick-controllers/419840108067325

Though considering the dev team it was pretty much already confirmed.

The only exception is the throw command, which uses the Right Stick on the DualShock controller. With an arcade stick, throws are simply performed with an easy button combination, similar to many traditional fighting games.
I seriously hope we can do this on the dualshock, too. Right stick is kind of balls.

What a fucking eyesore, that shit makes me cry. :/ Gonna steal the background image, though. Gotta use all the sources available.

Yea, when they moved away from the Lithium powered boards the look and ease of the Playstation boards took a nose dive. Official boards are full of apologists a lot of the times though. Except the Socom board those guys (including me) have been demanding a classic Socom for nearly a decade.

Yeah, I remember when the forums got an overhaul back in 2010 and all the profiles were jumbled, people were literally posting as someone else. It took ages to navigate to a subforum because you had to click this and that to even see what was in.

So prettyyyyy ;)

Yeah, I remember when the forums got an overhaul back in 2010 and all the profiles were jumbled, people were literally posting as someone else. It took ages to navigate to a subforum because you had to click this and that to even see what was in.

So prettyyyyy ;)

Yea I remember that.

Can't wait to see how you use that pitcture for the OT.

I'm not doing the OT. :x Someone else should definitely use it as a backdrop though, it gives some sort of serene vibe what with the lights and colors and the huge emptiness of the stadium. Grey and light blue is definitely a nice combo here, they are light, yet soothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom