• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shink

3 tekken characters?

really?

YOU WASTED TWO OTHER 3RD PARTY SLOTS ON TEKKEN CHARACTERS!?

I mean jesus christ, it's almost as bad as that TMNT Fighting game that came out that wasted two slots on those damn ubisoft rabbids instead of someone more worthwhile.

Playstation X Tekken confirmed!

solidus51

Banned
holy crap kaz, jin, heihachi, ryu , nariko, and raiden im not mad at this at all but guys there can be a chance that kaz or jin can be minions

LuuKyK

Now that I think about it, it is VERY unlikely that they will have three tekken characters in it. They will probably be minions really.

tribal24

Banned
Maybe there just clone characters, different costumes for heihatchi or im starting to believe there more characters then we thought.

Is the general consensus that the characters leaked are playable or minions?
If I had to guess I want to say playable, just because of how they're displayed...But maybe not

Those icon images are actually awesome too. The new site looks sick

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Is the general consensus that the characters leaked are playable or minions?
If I had to guess I want to say playable, just because of how they're displayed...But maybe not

Those icon images are actually awesome too. The new site looks sick

Ryu Hayabusa would definitely be playable. I don't think i've seen anyone who thinks differently.

I'd say the general opinion is the tekkan characters are just cameos, but there is some debate there.

Ryu Hayabusa would definitely be playable. I don't think i've seen anyone who thinks differently.

I'd say the general opinion is the tekkan characters are just cameos, but there is some debate there.

Thanks and Yeah I agree. Look at how we're getting characters who weren't in those beta files. SO MANY SURPRISES haha awesome stuff. Hype is through the roof

Noi

Yeah, of all those leaks, I'm actually excited for NG2 Ryu. Never considered him for the roster, but he be interesting to play as given all the weapons he can use.

Did you guys already talk about the create a wallpaper thing that was on the main site? I'm kinda stoked for that haha.
This, to me, is a guarantee of more awesome things to come. Chances are this site launches during Gamescom right? And anything on it will be revealed at Gamescom...right?

Perhaps the 3 tekken characters may be indicative of how big the final roster actually is.

Also.

Ryu vs Scorpion. =B

I am begging for Scorpion to show up sometime
Speaking of how big the roster is...Can we get a list of everyone announced/leaked? Trying to make one now...Having issues due to horrible memory

SmithnCo

Up to this point it has been, which is why the minion thing seems so much more likely.

Yeah. Honestly it's a banner for the forum, so I doubt they thought too hard about characters for it. Hell, Cole is a render from Infamous 1 and Ratchet and Clank are separate. I think they just took random characters and minions and threw them on there.

Did you guys already talk about the create a wallpaper thing that was on the main site? I'm kinda stoked for that haha.

Hopefully they let you make Vita wallpapers!

To all those who are worried about Snake not making it into the game: Erik Laden, voice and mocap actor for Cole, Tweeted that both Nolan North (voice and mocap of Nathan Drake) and David Hayter (voice and mocap of Solid Snake) are portraying characters in the game. Cole and Drake have been confirmed, but none of the characters revealed so far are voiced by Hayter. Unless Laden was lying through his teeth (unlikely, considering his almost crippling honesty and love for leaking things), there's a good chance we'll still see everyone's favourite clone make an appearance.

Even though Raiden is better suited for this type of game :p

Here's what I got... excluding the extra tekken guys

Kratos
Fat Princess
Radec
Parappa
Sweet Tooth
Sly Cooper
Heihachi
Big Daddy
Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Nariko
Sir Dan
Spike
Dante
Nariko
Evil Cole
Ratchet and Clank
Raiden
Sack Boy
Ryu
*Lightning

Who did I forget?

TheMink

Yeah. Honestly it's a banner for the forum, so I doubt they thought too hard about characters for it. Hell, Cole is a render from Infamous 1 and Ratchet and Clank are separate. I think they just took random characters and minions and threw them on there.

Hopefully they let you make Vita wallpapers!

Totally.
I mean little sister is in that pic, not a character right?
No toro, drake, sackboy, heihachi (right?)
The fact that clank is 50 feet from ratchet.
Not to mention someone said that It looks like a piece of a bigger picture.
Its some kinda place holder showcasing all the characters that appear in some form or another and we are only seeing a piece of it.

What'dya think, sound logical?

Noi

Kratos
Fat Princess
Radec
Parappa
Sweet Tooth
Sly Cooper
Heihachi
Big Daddy
Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Nariko
Sir Dan
Spike
Dante
Nariko
Evil Cole
Ratchet and Clank
Raiden
Sack Boy
Ryu
*Lightning

Who did I forget?

Musashi

I still believe dammit!

wotta

No-one else notice Death from Darksiders II. I'm sure that's him with the scythe in the background.

Or is it Ryu? I hear Death may become a think in the game, that's why I presumed it was him.

J-Tier

Totally.
I mean little sister is in that pic, not a character right?
No toro, drake, sackboy, heihachi (right?)
The fact that clank is 50 feet from ratchet.
Not to mention someone said that It looks like a piece of a bigger picture.
Its some kinda place holder showcasing all the characters that appear in some form or another and we are only seeing a piece of it.

What'dya think, sound logical?

Yep, totally logical.

Ploid 3.0

Good point about the number of tekken characters being a clue as to the size the final roster could be. So it would be nothing to have a extra MGS character in the game. Oh man, there are so many characters already, I can only keep up with using one in the beta because I jut like Parappa, how am I going to juggle other characters I like (raiden, Jak, Nariko, Jin, baaah).

Edit: Dang good point Mink, hmm.

Noi

No-one else notice Death from Darksiders II. I'm sure that's him with the scythe in the background.

It's Ryu Hayabusa.

psallstarstekkenryu.jpg

tekken-ryu-character-art.jpg

Kratos
Fat Princess
Radec
Parappa
Sweet Tooth
Sly Cooper
Heihachi
Big Daddy
Nathan Drake
Toro
Cole
Jak and Daxter
Nariko
Sir Dan
Spike
Dante
Nariko
Evil Cole
Ratchet and Clank
Raiden
Sack Boy
Ryu
*Lightning

Who did I forget?

*Connor

I'm thinking all these other Tekken characters are just alternate costumes for the one we already have. That Cole and Evil Cole are just costumes. And all of these "Why is it Cole from inFAMOUS 1 and Ratchet from Crack in Time?" are also just costumes. Quite honestly I think there is going to be a crap load of costumes. But eh, just guessing.

Game comes out soon, no need to over analyze leaks.

I think SuperBot just decided to use old assets of random characters to give the banner the impression of having a lot of characters.

They're not even using their own art of characters already revealed. If I had to guess, I think SuperBot didn't want to throw in images or shadows of secret characters, so they just picked some images off the Internet and set them in the background to give the illusion of quantity. They probably didn't think people would find the actual art they used to identify the characters.

It makes less sense now that I typed it out, but I find it hard to believe that there are three Tekken characters in this game.

I REALLY think this could very well be the case here.

I'm not trying to crush dreams or anything, I'm just saying I wouldn't be at all surprised if this was actually the situation.

Ploid 3.0

No one knows, it sounds like a extra game mode or for story mode. Maybe they'd be cpu controlled as you fight a special boss? Or a cutscene thing. The name minion is from data mined files.

I'm gonna run through my thoughts.

Why the images are straight from original games: It fits the Superbot style. It's clear in the beta, that a goal with each character is to make them feel like whoever they are in their game. Kratos should feel like he does in God of War. Sly should feel like he does in his games, and so on. So I think ripping the art straight from other games is showing "These our all these characters, straight from your favorite games, all duking it out" It makes sense to me. I even kinda like it

Tekken guys: Alt costumes? Maybe. That would be pretty cool. It would mean characters can expect some pretty cool ones, and plenty. But, in my head it makes more sense for them to just be cameos. I wouldn't put an alt costume on a banner or anything like that. But if there's more to the image it could be so. But for now I would say cameo characters.

Ryu: Didn't expect him at all. Not really familiar with his games, but he looks like a fun character. Doesn't scratch my Mortal Kombat ninja itch though haha.

Roster: I'm predicting the roster to be much larger than people are anticipating. With all the leaks, the roster size is floating around 22. Higher if you count some things we haven't seen. Are there super secret things that wouldn't be in the beta or the official site (until release)? I think so. I'm expecting the launch roster to land around 28 (which I know, would be mind blowingly amazing/awesome) Then after DLC to surpass 30. What can I say? I'm a dreamer.

Evil Cole: I think he's a full playable character. And to be honest, I'm okay with it. I love inFamous and I bet he'll be plenty of fun to play.

Sackboy: WIN

Think I covered everything :D

Update:

Clank: Can't see him not being with Ratchet. But I wouldn't oppose him as a separate character just because I love the series. But I understand why he should be with Ratchet easy

Final Edit: I think the Tekken guys are alt costumes the more I think about it

Three Tekken characters? Hmmmmmm.......

This really doesn't feel like a Playstation cross over anymore, it's turned into a free for all. I feel like they are missing an opportunity to really play up their own IPs by focusing so much on third party characters.

Just waiting on a character that just WOWS me then I'll double dip vita/ps3.

Cloud/Lightning, Kat, Legend of Dragoon, Breath of Fire, etc etc would easily push me over.

jett

D-Member
So for those in the beta, with objectivity please, how is the game right now? Good, okay, awesome, crappy, problematic?

Raonak

Banned
Three Tekken characters? Hmmmmmm.......

This really doesn't feel like a Playstation cross over anymore, it's turned into a free for all. I feel like they are missing an opportunity to really play up their own IPs by focusing so much on third party characters.

Well, tekken is pretty closely tied with tekken playstation. Tekken 3 was one of the most important games of PSone, and Tekken Tag being the best launch game for PS2. & every tekken game has been on a PS console, with only T6+ being multiplatform.

I still think they're costume swaps or minions, since they'd mostly play the same. close melee fighters.

Lightning seems likely based on all of TheMink's stuff being true so far.

Have to see gameplay, but if its something FF like or fluid rushdown then I'll def be interested.

currently there are so few characters I care for. Big Daddy, and Jak. And 2 characters aren't enough for me to double dip =X.

Maybe Nariko, Raiden or something will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom