• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation All Stars Battle Royale Discussion thread [Up: Leakfest #11]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingK

What is the possibility of having Lightning from FF13 in the roster ?

I wouldn't discount it completely, but I wouldn't bank on it either. Cloud is definitely the more likely FF rep and I'm not sure if they're planning on having multiple characters per franchise yet.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
No love for Nariko? C'mon guys...

Well I mentioned Nariko in my full Sony first party female list like pages ago.

Must be in:

-Ellen (Folklore) is technically the strongest Sony female character ever (play the game to know why)so she must be here unless Superbot guys are idiots, and she can play be like Pokemon Trainer in Super Smash Bros (aka controlling her monsters in fights)
-Rynn (Drakan: Order of the Flame) has her own fucking legendary Dragon(Arokh) for special attacks and she is a great warrior.
-Jennifer Tate (Primal) a crazy fighter Like X-23 but also she can transform to demon form like Dante.
-Nariko (Heavenly Sword) brutal like Kratos, with big hair and big sword.
-Carmelita (Sly): for furry fans I guess ,also she have a big gun.
-Nix and Kuo (Infamous 2): both are great with tons of moves and powers!!

Kinda want but not really sure:

-Doll Face (Twisted Metal)
she is creepy.
-Natsumi/Natalie or Sayaka(Ape Escape) if Spike is in no need for them.
-Athena (God of War) can be female Kratos, but if Nariko is in then no need for her here.
-Kat (Gravity Daze) game is new not sure if she should be here.
-Preytor (War of the Monster) well she count as female, not sure who you can put huge fucking mantis into this game.
-Angela Cross(Ratchet) stupid Insomniac retconned her out of the canon story so she don't exist anymore.

Do not Want:

-Yorda (Ico) she can't fight at all, annoying as hell, kill her with fire please.
-Elena,Chloe(Uncharted) both are super generic and bland, please don't use them in the game Superbot.
-SackGirl(LBP) female version of that ugly Sackboy abomination.
-Kai(Heavenly Sword) crazy kid can't fight and use use her bow gun thingy.
-Fat Princess(Fat Princess) info said she is in the game, but why?

and now after reading posts of other guys suggesting other female characters,I see that Sony do have tons different great female characters, it's just completely insane there are too many, hell I think they can do girls only fighting/Vollyball/Gravure game with them(Playstation Battle Royale:Xtreme)

KingK

I'm kinda surprised they didn't release an actual trailer for this yet. Just interviews and gameplay videos. E3, I guess.

I wouldn't discount it completely, but I wouldn't bank on it either. Cloud is definitely the more likely FF rep and I'm not sure if they're planning on having multiple characters per franchise yet.

I am pretty sure they will make more games so they won't burn Cloud now.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Cool people call it only "Battle Royale"
But it doesn't pop out to the eyes. Smash Bros. may be corny, but it sounds more easily marketable than Battle Royale.
Is it wierd that the title is the main reason the game rubs me the wrong way? It just comes off as desperate. They felt the need to tell people from the TITLE that this was a Playstation mash-up game.
Yeah, it's an example of "trying too hard".

Ravage

and now after reading posts of other guys suggesting other female characters,I see that Sony do have tons different great female characters, it's just completely insane there are too many, hell I think they can do girls only fighting/Vollyball/Gravure game with them(Playstation Battle Royale:Xtreme)

Playstation Allstars Xtreme Volleyball!

Bikini-Serah would be in for sure.

Drencrom

I wonder if they could include a Health mode with the option to toggle Supers on or off? It seems like they've really created the game with Supers at the core of it though, so I'm not sure if that would work for balancing reasons or not.

Well they could make a hit-point mode where you gradually get smashed faster and farer away (like in SSB), until you fly into the wall so hard that you die maybe?

It's not 100% (hurr) like SSB, but maybe they could also remove the walls in stages with them in this hit-point mode and make the proximity thing in SSB and then you're pretty much set.

Edit: Yeah i'm a little tired, HP = damage precentage.

I-hate-u

If I remember correctly, there can be up to 4 of the same character used on the screen. So there would have to be atleast 3 alts for each character

Hoo-doo

Banned
List of villains needs more Dr. Neo Cortex.

chcortextwin.jpg

Radec and Visari are awesome villians. Unless you walked away during the opening credits in Killzone 2 (before the menu screen), skipped all the other cinematics, or never made it to the end of the game then you would know who they are. I'm not even the biggest Killzone fan but Radec's inclusion in this is really awesome. Only thing I don't like is his level 3 super since contradicts the actual games.

I think the fact that you played four Killzone games and don't know who they are speaks more about you then the game.

The fact that I've played all three (edit, make that four with the psp game) Killzone games tells a tale about these villains.

I think it says more about your memory. Visari's speeches in the intro to 1 & 2 are pretty memorable. And Radec is the primary antagonist and final boss battle in KZ2. He's also the Commander voice in multiplayer, there's even a map based in his military academy called Radec academy.

Luigiv

Well all Crash characters should be obvious if they still were PS exclusive. It's the best mascot series Sony ever had.

Yeah it's a real shame. Just like a good band, for a crossover project to really gain traction with the mass audience you need a strong front-man. Crash would have been absolutely perfect for that role. A real crying shame it can't be.

Right now I have now idea who can really fill those shoes. I suspect they'll try and use Kratos but, I don't know, I just don't "feel it" with him.

tribal24

Banned
Yeah it's a real shame. Just like a good band, for a crossover project to really gain traction with the mass audience you need a strong front-man. Crash would have been absolutely perfect for that role. A real crying shame it can't be.

Right now I have now idea who can really fill those shoes. I suspect they'll try and use Kratos but, I don't know, I just don't "feel it" with him.

I think they gonna use rachet.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
So they are just playing niceto hide all their deep dark hated of the game.
When you reduce the hyperbole a bit what I said actually turned out to be true.

The InvisibleWalls podcast is being quite negative on the game. IW = GT guys, the ones that did the 40 minute First Look.

Luigiv

I think they gonna use rachet.

I would have thought so too but the fact that he wasn't part of the this first unveiling suggests that Super Bot has other ideas. The front-man really should be the very first character they show off if they're handling their marketing right, so it probably means one of the characters already revealed will take the role. Off the 6, Kratos seems to be the most likely candidate.

SparkTR

I thought it was basically as big as FFVII and MGS were on PC. You'd still affiliate those with PS

I'd wager it was much bigger than those two, there were plenty of exclusive expansion packs and bonus missions that they pumped out for the PC versions of early Tomb Raider games. Neither MGS for FFVII had that commitment on the platform.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
I would have thought so too but the fact that he wasn't part of the this first unveiling suggests that Super Bot has other ideas. The front-man really should be the very first character they show off if they're handling their marketing right, so it probably means one of the characters already revealed will take the role. Off the 6, Kratos seems to be the most likely candidate.

Front man as in cover dude? I would expect ratchet and kratos facing off.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

US boxart --> Kratos , Nathan Drake holding a gun, Jak and Ratchet holding huge guns
EU boxart --> Helghast, Nathan Drake and Nariko and Jen and Sackboy playing soccer.
JPN Boxart--> Toro and Kuro,Ellen weaning her cloak of twilight and Omega Boost driving a huge Skyline in the background.

Actually Visari and Radec are very good.

They are from Killzone games.

Visari might make a good background character if there is a Helghan level. But no fighting character. Radec though, I'd rate him decent at best. Hardly memorable, but looks like he could produce a decent moveset

Good villains should be iconic, and powerful, to suit this type of game best. Not a huge variety of enemies to choose from in gaming, but Sephiroth is definitely one of them

Luigiv

Not just the cover, front-man for whole project. The trailers, the cover, the advertisements, the attract screen, the character select screen, the story. The front-man is the character at the front everything, always the first character you see. Think Mario in SSB, Ryu and Spiderman in MvC.

A good front-man needs to be a character with huge appeal and yet sets the right tone for the rest of the game.

Kratos has probably has the most appeal of any Sony but I personally feel his tone is all wrong and that all that appeal he does have is from too narrow a demographic. It's quite obvious from the footage that this game is going for the same silly and family friendly tone that SSB has. Kratos's "serious" tone and dudebro fanbase is at odds with that.

Rachet is probably a much better fit but like I said before, if Super Bot was considering him for the role then they should have included him in the unveiling. The front-man has to be at the front of everything. It doesn't get more front than the world premiere and Rachet isn't even here. Looks like SB's connection to Santa Monica Studios is clouding their judgement a bit I would say.

Drencrom

US boxart --> Kratos , Nathan Drake holding a gun, Jak and Ratchet holding huge guns
EU boxart --> Helghast, Nathan Drake and Nariko and Jen and Sackboy playing soccer.
JPN Boxart--> Toro ad Kuro,Ellen weaning her cloak of twilight and Omega Boost driving a huge Skyline in the background.

That's pretty accurate.

-viper-

Banned
The stages of this game look awful. The LBP one looks boring and the Jak one looks generic as hell.

One thing SSB got right is how visually interesting every stage is. The only stage that looks good so far is the Hades one.

They've got so much creative license with these stages and we are simply seeing a clusterfuck of mismashes. Give me something that looks good, and I want plenty of variety.

I also want awesome music. The music in SSB is excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom