• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Meeting trailer: See the Future. Feb. 20th [Will Be Livestreamed]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally! unbanned...

I was lurking, lots of stuff i wanted to reply to lol.

this is amazing:

gGncltD.gif

so simple but so effective, i think its my favorite one.

my thoughts on tomorrow's meeting, at least on stuff related to PS4:

Game Reveals:

- nothing from Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, or Quantic Dream
- high chance of seeing The Last Guardian
- high chance of seeing GT6 (if not, then most definitely a racing game)
- high chance of Guerilla Game's game (either Killzone or the new IP, i say new IP)
- unsure about Sucker Punch, Media Molecule, Ready at Dawn, etc. may save theirs for E3
- 50% chance of a PS4 psn game
- At least one 3rd party game. EA might show Battlefield 4 or Dragon Age 3. Ubi may show Watch Dogs or a new Assassins Creed, Activition might show CoD. Some 3rd party may show new IP.
- no Metal Gear :(
- at least one 3rd party exclusive or timed exclusive
- no crossgen on TLoU, Beyond, GTAV, etc. in fact, no cross gen games for any of the first party studios

Hardware:

- 100% chance of showing the console itself and its design + the controller, although controller design may not be final (prob. will be final).
- they will talk about specs, but maybe not reveal all the specs, just the major points ala Cell for PS3.
- they will talk about new controller and all its features (touchpad, mic/speaker, etc) plus its uses. Personally I would like to see the touchpad being more for messaging and playing IOS apps rather than for ps4 games. Although, using it as an alternative for the right stick in shooting games might be cool.
- probably will have different slots for stuff like sd cards and such like on ps3
- built in wifi like like ps3
- rumble still there
- 50GB bluray drive with faster bluray reading
- less than 1TB hard-drive. much less.

Software:

- big focus on Gaikai services, probably a premium service. Not sure if the price will be tied with ps+ or be an extra, like a netflix app.
- Playstation Plus or PS World. Online play will still be free. Will be similar to current ps+ model with extra stuff. Price of ps+ may go up if it incorporates more features and Gaikai.
- voice controls (eg. "PS4 on")
- various entertainment integrations. Either a collaboration with Apple or Android for an apps store, or they will have their own app store. Ideally there will be all sorts of apps, like games apps, custom themes apps ( so you don't have to use browser to search for them), Netflix, music apps, comics/manga apps, etc.
- revamped psn (please?)
- no idea on xmb but honestly I love the way it is. i like how customizable it is, where i can have custom backgrounds and icons/themes. I like how when i linger on certain icons, the text on icons above and below disappear to show the background off better.
- social media apps (facebook, twitter, Google +)
- record and share feature. I'm still doubtful about this one but it would be nice surprise. However, it could be ruined by not allowing uploads to youtube and instead being forced to a Sony owned site.
- Home stays relatively the same with added stuff and features, works smoother and loads faster.

Miscellaneous:

- price: will not be revealed, but is likely $499. Maybe less if there is a separate SKU and backwards compatibility is gone.
- release date: might be revealed. November at the latest.
- couple tech demos.

mr_toa

Plan:
1: up 05:30
2: Work, work
3: Afternoon: check if health has improved
Yes: train
No: cry
4: Dinner
5: Sleep
6: Tomorrow: watch Sony event recap

Gadirok

Does PSN usually give out $10 in free cash? I just got a message from them giving me $10, but I haven't bought anything since april.

Anyone else get one?

Schedule from tonight.

Go to sleep soon!
Wake up at 11 am
Do some housework for parents
Go to class until 4pm
Pick up my comics from the mall
Get home by 5
Eat if I want and stick to GAF while watching streams from all the major gaming sites in case I need backup stream of backup stream

This is it ladies and gentleGAF, this is what we have been waiting for, some longer than others and some don't want the wait to end.

BUT Sony is going to change the game on us, whether its with a new console or a new console, but things will change in less than 18 hours.

So what's everyones plan for tomorrow?

1) Wake up at like 12 PM
2) Eat
3) Workout
4) Play Vanquish (free on PS+) until 5 PM
5) Watch the preshow
6) Observe the GAF tinychat, if there is one
7) Watch the show in simultaneity with #6
8) Finish the show
9) Hopelessly rage away on GAF, caps lock in glee, or a bit of both, while probing the reaction of Youtube/N4G communities, as websites crash, and comments get buried under more comments in the endless sea of bickering
10) Let things settle down and pass, as I enjoy the rest of my reading week
11) Board the hype train for Microsoft.

Wake up, drank
Headshot, drank
Sit down, drank
Stand up, drank
PS4, drank
Pass out, drank
Faded, drank
Faded, drank

Dr Dogg

Well one-day-avatar change in effect just got to endure what is going to be the longest day at work for ages then another hum drum 5 hours of waiting until this starts. Thankfully this is on late so when the inevitable happens and gaf implodes I can go to sleep with hopefully sweet, pleasant, playstationy dreams.

Aceun

If anyone cares to see my trailer mashup of (most of) the PS3 exclusives I've tried over the years, here ya go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yMwvKiGYyc

I think it'll be a moment before the 720p version is up.

I LOVE this. It's a great introspective look at just how varied and deep the PS3 exclusive content was/is. So many great memories and the evolution of the sequels are just awe inspiring.

Music was on point. Good stuff man!

Midas

I'm so happy that this thread remained on a decent level compared to the thread with the Kotaku rumor. I don't even dare to enter it anymore.

Bruiserk

Plan:
1)Wake up at 9:00 AM PST
2) Write a midterm in Discrete Mathematics
3)Skip the class I have from 1:30-2:30 so I can get home and HAVE MY MIND BLOWN

I must say this whole buildup to the reveal of next gen has been hands down the best I have EVER experinced in all my years of gaming. Sony just releasing that vague teaser and then slowly having GT and WSJ hint that PS4 is coming combined with the nostalgia heavy "evolution of playstation" videos has been incredible. On top of that not a single leak about what to expect from the show.

I LOVE this. It's a great introspective look at just how varied and deep the PS3 exclusive content was/is. So many great memories and the evolution of the sequels are just awe inspiring.

Music was on point. Good stuff man!

Thanks for the feedback. Wish I had more time today, would've sprinkled in some PS symbols for transitions and have a PS3 3D model in the beginning. Anyway, thanks again!

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Finally an end to the Kaz gif nightmare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom