• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Network Thread (Vita/PS4/PS3) | January 2015

Was this known?
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2015/...s-cancelled-former-sony-bend-employee-claims/

An ex Sony Bend artist says that Sony wanted a new Uncharted for Vita but Naughty Dog opposed to avoid a "franchise burnout", also they wanted to make an Infamous and 2 new ips(one steampunk) but as we know well none of them were finished.
I don't think we will ever see a western AAA release on the platform, ever. I have come to terms with that and I am happy with what we get on the Vita. I can play AAA on my PS4 anyway.

Decent drop, but nothing for me this week.

By the way I apologize to all of our listeners, due to unforeseen circumstances we won't be able to record this week's episode of Vita Means.
We have been receiving emails with questions for us to tackle on the show, and they are great material that would be great for the show. If you have any topics of discussion for us that you want to hear us talk about feel free to tweet @vita_means or myself @names2hard4you or just fill our form over on our website, we read everything that we get from you.

MQX

Welp. There isn't anything that I want to buy in the PSN(EU) Store :/. Everything is still expensive(even with discount) + I already have Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus
(physical & digital ;p)
and Bon Appetit!(bought these games with the Muramasa DLC collection in December with a 10% discount code from someone ;p).

Brandish and Suikoden(I & II) aren't even available :(. Smh.

I saw DJ Max Fever and Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi(the PSP game) in the PSN Store o.o. DJ Max Fever was removed from the store a couple years ago. And I never saw Hakuoki in the PSN store :/(only the PS3 version). Why no Fate/unlimited codes? :'(

Applebite

So I wasn't quite sure where to ask this, but to any Vita owners, has anyone else had some troubles not being able to find their wifi? It shows some other local connections but mine isn't being picked up when I scan, despite the fact that my PC, PS4, PS4, iPhone and 3DS are all able to connect to it. I heard something online about certain routers only outputting "802.11n (N-only)" but I have no clue what that means. I've also considered just formatting it but I've been told that takes for ever.

Durante

So, is the PSN store failing for anyone else?

I'm currently trying to buy Ayesha Vita with the 10% discount, and every time I try to confirm my order it fails.

Amazing how I only buy stuff on there every 6 months or so, and almost every single time there is some annoying shit :/

TUSR

Banned
So I wasn't quite sure where to ask this, but to any Vita owners, has anyone else had some troubles not being able to find their wifi? It shows some other local connections but mine isn't being picked up when I scan, despite the fact that my PC, PS4, PS4, iPhone and 3DS are all able to connect to it. I heard something online about certain routers only outputting "802.11n (N-only)" but I have no clue what that means. I've also considered just formatting it but I've been told that takes for ever.

N is the signal it outputs.

I too have had troubles with a wireless N only router and Sony devices.

Durante

[...]
I could circumvent the issue by putting the right amount of money on my PSN wallet before confirming the order.

Which brings me to the next annoyance: why do I need 2 separate Paypal transactions to add 25€? Anyway, at least my interaction with the PSN store is over for a few months again.

bobohoro

Welp. There isn't anything that I want to buy in the PSN(EU) Store :/. Everything is still expensive(even with discount) + I already have Senran Kagura: Shinobi Versus
(physical & digital ;p)
and Bon Appetit!(bought these games with the Muramasa DLC collection in December with a 10% discount code from someone ;p).

Brandish and Suikoden(I & II) aren't even available :(. Smh.

Yeah, at least having Brandish would have been lovely. I'm really hoping it releases in the next two weeks, so I still have time for a playthrough before MH4U consumes my life.

My 10%-discount will see no use. Rune Factory 4 is surprisingly addictive, quite rich in content and is a pretty good substitute for Atelier games, although I still prefer the item management in those. Aysha+ will have to wait for now. Would have maybe opted to use it to get Liz&Marie for P4AU, but I kinda enjoy the game less than Blazblue and will probably not stay on it for too long. And nothing in the sales grabs my attention. Oh well, not too bothered. Just sad that the discount doesn't apply to plus subs, pretty confusing to me, really, since I'd wager quite a lot of people would have jumped on that.

RK128

Didn't use the 10% code due to owning plenty of games for my Vita; have tons of PS1/PSP games to play though as it is XD!

Heard about the news with Sony Bend and....that really bothered me X(. I don't care that the Vita isn't getting anymore AAA games, but just Sony not caring about supporting their platform just....really bothered me (it really pissed me off as I really enjoyed Golden Abyss, best Uncharted game after UC2 to me personally :D; enjoyed it more then my little time with UC3). I made a post in that thread explaining my frustration at the news and....it didn't go over to well :l.

Oh well, at least Sony Bend are still making games for Sony, so I hope their PS4 game ends up being great whenever it comes out :D.

RK128

Decent drop, but nothing for me this week.

By the way I apologize to all of our listeners, due to unforeseen circumstances we won't be able to record this week's episode of Vita Means.
We have been receiving emails with questions for us to tackle on the show, and they are great material that would be great for the show. If you have any topics of discussion for us that you want to hear us talk about feel free to tweet @vita_means or myself @names2hard4you or just fill our form over on our website, we read everything that we get from you.

Heard about that a few pages back, sorry about the show names2hard4 you :(. If I can suggest a episode idea, why not a PS1/PSP focused one :D? Many of us own tons of PS1/PSP classics on our Vita's, so maybe you can ask listeners which PS1 classics they are playing, describe what they like about them, and if others should check them out :). I know I've been playing more of those then native Vita games the past month or so.

Either way, good luck with the show :D.

nampad

Many Kickstarters have had a Vita stretch goal in the past months.

Two Tribes went bankrupt last year, they are not the best decision makers :p

You'd only be saving two bucks anyway, just get it when you can.

I know but I already bought so much and Grim Fandango is next. I also forgot about Suikoden if it is already up in the EU.

I "forgot" to wait to buy Brandish and RE:make HD with my 10% discount. By forget, I mean I didn't know I'd have it and bought them day 1 like an idiot.

I know that feeling bro :(

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
I completely missed it.

I don't think we will ever see a western AAA release on the platform, ever. I have come to terms with that and I am happy with what we get on the Vita. I can play AAA on my PS4 anyway.
I agree, but this news inevitably makes me revalue a little the "evil" western Sony and the Naughty "Gods".
Sony could have allowed one of the other projects though :\

jvm

Gamasutra.
What was the concensus of Rollers of the Realm?
I was advised to try it, and I'm fine with it. The trophies look stupid (grind grind grind) but perhaps they'll begin to pop after a bit longer with the game.

Biggest gripe: I think that the gameplay suffers a bit when you've got a long level and get down to just one or two enemies to take care of -- lots of bouncing around with very little fun. Fortunately, this does not happen all the time, just on a few levels.

Also, game is dirty cheap, esp. with the discount.

SerTapTap

People talk about the Vita being "dead" because "no western AAA", these people must be completely insane or never looked at a gaming handheld before because handheld consoles basically NEVER have western AAA. In fact, between Uncharted, Wipeout, Killzone and to a lesser extent asscreed and calladuty, Vita has more western AAA franchises (that retain their gameplay) than...pretty much any portable console other than the PSP. The west always puts absolute garbage on handhelds, Sony's first party and now indies excluded.

Are we still on "vita has no AAA"? AAA doesn't exist on handhelds. Literally never existed. There is no instance of a AAA game on a handheld.

incpdo

Grabbed this stuff with my 10% coupon.
BlaQhli.jpg

Why don't more people recommend Shinobido 2? It's awesome, like a new Tenchu. You can take on missions for three factions, and depending on which you choose, you'll effect your relationship with the others. Gameplay's fun too. You can stealth kill, use a special cinematic instant kill, throw things to get enemy attention, lay traps like exploding sushi, or just run up and fight them. Really enjoying it so far.

Also played a bit of Unfinished Swan, which is incredibly pretty and runs surprisingly well. Reminds me of Rain in a way.
Even when the characters are not as interesting as in tenchu, the game plays great and has a lot of replayability including some neat secrets. The game is a pretty good regular tenchu game. Graphics are not great but they look really nice.playing the game in hard is the way to go.

Was this known?
http://www.gamerheadlines.com/2015/...s-cancelled-former-sony-bend-employee-claims/

An ex Sony Bend artist says that Sony wanted a new Uncharted for Vita but Naughty Dog opposed to avoid a "franchise burnout", also they wanted to make an Infamous and 2 new ips(one steampunk) but as we know well none of them were finished.

I did see that Infamous was cancelled, but didn't read about Uncharted being vetoed by Naughty Dog. The franchise is already fatigued tbh. Another Vita game wouldn't have done anything negative that isn't already being done by general "OMG teh Uncharted" marketing, coverage and fan Stan'ing. The whole industry has a dedicated orbit around what Naughty Dog's doing, the movers/shakers involved and the talent footprint, and that in itself makes it a tired cliche imo. I think Uncharted 4 will be a fine game, but will be met with an unexpected critical harshness that the devs and the series aren't accustomed to.

SerTapTap

Are we still on "vita has no AAA"? AAA doesn't exist on handhelds. Literally never existed. There is no instance of a AAA game on a handheld.

It's kind of telling that Monster Hunter is one of the biggest portable franchises and has a budget of about $16

Are god of war, mgs, and final fantasy suddenly not AAA anymore?

If I've learned anything about arguments about Vita/PSP games, it's that Vita and PSP games do not count as games and do not exist for purposes of argument

SerTapTap

I like the fact that in that piece they're really pushing Grim Fandango beyond everything else releasing this week. Even Dying Light, and that's the first big retail release of the year. They got their priorities straight.

They funded Grim Fandango, of course it's top billing

I finally started to work on my Vita backlog and just finished Akiba's Trip. That game was really awesome. Beat it after 6 hours, I should've done more side quest.

Now on to Ys Memories of Celceta!

I'm currently trying to buy Ayesha Vita with the 10% discount, and every time I try to confirm my order it fails.

Amazing how I only buy stuff on there every 6 months or so, and almost every single time there is some annoying shit :/

Yup, purchased some things and it took the money out of my wallet.

My download list is completely out of order (no longer by purchase date), can't add anything to my download queue on any system, and can't set to download the things I just bought from their respective store pages.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Uncharted GA sold more than 1 million copies IIRC, without the costs of a new engine, with some assets reuse and a way bigger userbase than the launch an UC GA2 could be very profitable, a very stupid missed opportunity.

Spiegel

It's kind of telling that Monster Hunter is one of the biggest portable franchises and has a budget of about $16

If I've learned anything about arguments about Vita/PSP games, it's that Vita and PSP games do not count as games and do not exist for purposes of argument

The numbered MH team consists of 150 people at Capcom.

Benedict

Bought Driveclub and Rollers of the Realm on my EU account and Costume Quest 2.

Seems like my Download list has been fucked by Sony as well. Lot of items have a date of 18/1 2015 now. God I hate this
Probably a bonus thanks to the 5 day Sony added?

They really should make the download list both searchable AND the ability to sort by item, game, alphabetic, dlc etc. So fucking lazy as it's been for years now.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
I saw DJ Max Fever and Hakuoki: Warriors of the Shinsengumi(the PSP game) in the PSN Store o.o. DJ Max Fever was removed from the store a couple years ago. And I never saw Hakuoki in the PSN store :/(only the PS3 version). Why no Fate/unlimited codes? :'(
DJ Max Fevers reappearance is a complete mystery. The publishers don't even exist anymore, and I think the developer dissolved about a year ago. The game was removed from the store in late 2011. I'd say it's better be safe than sorry if you're interested.

Hakuoki has been on the store since April 23rd 2013. I stumbled across some of its DLC just some months ago so I'm sure it was there all the time.

And Fate/Unlimited Codes was a victim of expiring licenses (together with PSPo2 which also used the Fate license), so it probably won't be available again, ever.

MQX

Yeah, at least having Brandish would have been lovely. I'm really hoping it releases in the next two weeks, so I still have time for a playthrough before MH4U consumes my life.

My 10%-discount will see no use. Rune Factory 4 is surprisingly addictive, quite rich in content and is a pretty good substitute for Atelier games, although I still prefer the item management in those. Aysha+ will have to wait for now. Would have maybe opted to use it to get Liz&Marie for P4AU, but I kinda enjoy the game less than Blazblue and will probably not stay on it for too long. And nothing in the sales grabs my attention. Oh well, not too bothered. Just sad that the discount doesn't apply to plus subs, pretty confusing to me, really, since I'd wager quite a lot of people would have jumped on that.
Never thought about that ;p. But meh. It's still expensive with the discount code :(.

DJ Max Fevers reappearance is a complete mystery. The publishers don't even exist anymore, and I think the developer dissolved about a year ago. The game was removed from the store in late 2011. I'd say it's better be safe than sorry if you're interested.

Hakuoki has been on the store since April 23rd 2013. I stumbled across some of its DLC just some months ago so I'm sure it was there all the time.

And Fate/Unlimited Codes was a victim of expiring licenses (together with PSPo2 which also used the Fate license), so it probably won't be available again, ever.
1397534182183.gif

I guess my chance to play this game is gone :(.
Lost my hope when the game was removed from the store. But I thought that Fate/Unlimited Codes might also be available or coming back to the EU store because DJ Max Fever is now available(and Fever was also one of those games that got removed from the store). I wonder if Sega would bring Phantasy Star Portable and Portable 2 back in the EU store :/.

And hm. Strange. When Hakuoki for the PS3 was on sale(in the summer?), I didn't saw the PSP version in the store :/(when I searched for Hakuoki). Or maybe this game was first unavailable in my region? o.o. Oh well. I hope the PSP version will be on sale soon(or this year ;p). Same with DJ Max Fever ;p.

Top Bottom