• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Now: Your impressions

Z3M0G

50/15

I've been in the beta since it began, have played 5 or 6 games.

At the beginning, the service was nigh unplayable. It was a stuttery mess, but somewhere along the line, someone fixed whatever was wrong on Sony's end and ever since, the service has been rock solid.

Most games I've tried haven't been very good, but the experience of pressing a button and playing a game that I don't own without downloading anything, is ridiculously cool.

Very similar experience to my first time with Netflix, thinking what sort of witchcraft is this?

They probably disabled extra debug logging of some kind after a while.

Iv'e been playing the playable ones and I have to say, you can barely tell this is being streamed. Of course at the beginning of the closed beta, it was really bad there at times my connection (which is Bell Fiber OP) would just shit out and made my screen look like a potato quality YouTube video. Now presently i been playing Ninja Gaiden, and it runs very smooth.

I think the only big issue with PSnow is pricing, overall it runs very smooth. I love it so far.

LCfiner

20 down/ 10 up. Videotron in Montreal. Wifi to PS4.

Only rented one game so far. Crazy Taxi. Played for around 30 minutes. Video quality and FPS were totally smooth. I could not see any typical video breakup artifacts. Looked solid and played well. I have no idea how far away I am from a data center but the lag was pretty much imperceptible on my end. not bad at all.

I can see myself using this if they have some current games on there that are a few months old - after the initial sales spike at launch. I wouldn’t use it just to play previous gen games, though

Qassim

I sure hope you're right.

6 down / 3 up. Sucks, but I'm right near a data center.

Hopefully I'll be able to try it out for other people with lolfail speeds like mine once I get a ps4.

But if someone has tried it out with low speeds / minimal requirements, please post. Love the comparisons and feedback so far.

If that's megabits (6/3) then you may not get the clearest image - but controller input lag may be low if you do indeed have low latency to the nearest PSNow datacentre.

Surprised more people are not trying this.

I am on wireless on a 10mb line and it is working fine, very impressed but I do feel a slight input lag. I am in Costa Rica though, so I am actually impressed I can play a game in a stream. It is very playable but I think I would stick to my PS3 and get a cheap copy of a game I want if possible. Even with that said I guess it is cool to have this option, I tried KZ 3 because it is an action game so I wanted to check a fast paced game. The game looks really nice.

I hope the slight input lag is sorted out, I cannot test using a cable connection right now because the PS4 is far away from the router. Will try to get a long cable I have sitting somewhere and try it to check if it improves.

Overall, this tech is promising, I was skeptical at Sony for pulling this, but I think they will deliver.

I have been playing FFXIII-2 all night with PSNOW and I am really impressed. As far as input lag goes there is almost none. There is some artifacting on the video but my wife was wataching an HD netflix show and we only have 20 mb.

seriously impressed Sony.

20 down/ 10 up. Videotron in Montreal. Wifi to PS4.

Only rented one game so far. Crazy Taxi. Played for around 30 minutes. Video quality and FPS were totally smooth. I could not see any typical video breakup artifacts. Looked solid and played well. I have no idea how far away I am from a data center but the lag was pretty much imperceptible on my end. not bad at all.

I can see myself using this if they have some current games on there that are a few months old - after the initial sales spike at launch. I wouldn’t use it just to play previous gen games, though

I've got the exact same videotron plan (wired though) - pretty much smooth as silk.

Rented twisted metal and it played great considering how fast the game is. Only really noticed compression artfacts in the dark levels.

Top Bottom