• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlayStation Store 04/24/08

slade said:
English voice acting is horrible but that's par for the course with an RPG. Actual gameplay is much better then most rpg's out there. It's an action rpg though so if you want turn based stuff look elsewhere. I'd say it's like Onimusha but with more defined RPG elements.

Thanks for the impressions! I haven't picked it up yet, but I will keep it in mind if I tire of Echochrome next week. Th eone thing that has really held me back so far is the fact that it is 1GB. I have a 8GB card, but still...

JB1981

Echochrome has some of the saddest music I've ever heard. Game is mesmerizing. This is exactly the type of game the PSN should be pushing - love these arsty, off-beat little game experiments. Feels quintessentially Sony

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
JB1981 said:
Echochrome has some of the saddest music I've ever heard. Game is mesmerizing. This is exactly the type of game the PSN should be pushing - love these arsty, off-beat little game experiments. Feels quintessentially Sony

Yeah. It also needs AA, which is another PS3 quintessence.

JB1981

Y2Kev said:
Yeah. It also needs AA, which is another PS3 quintessence.

I didn't notice, really. LOL.

You sound kinda bitter, Kev :lol

I wish the PS3 was more powerful too (too bad not everyone is Guerilla Games or Naughty Dog or Insomniac :( ...... )

Y2Kev

JB1981 said:
I didn't notice, really. LOL.

You sound kinda bitter, Kev :lol

I wish the PS3 was more powerful too (too bad not everyone is Guerilla Games or Naughty Dog or Insomniac :( ...... )

I'm not bitter, just joking.

I've been reassured as of late. Seeing Uncharted again has reassured me as to the muscle the machine has, and the GTA4 port seems better than it has any business of being given MS' grubby paws all over the thing. Very happy with my Triple right now.

JB1981

Y2Kev said:
I'm not bitter, just joking.

I've been reassured as of late. Seeing Uncharted again has reassured me as to the muscle the machine has, and the GTA4 port seems better than it has any business of being given MS' grubby paws all over the thing. Very happy with my Triple right now.

i went back to Uncharted too and it's been said to death here but it really is a marvelous looking title. The system clearly needs a lot of love but when it gets it, it gives a lot back in return.

Uncharted > Everything else. Oh and Ratchet and 60fps = :-o

btw: did you get GTA on teh triple?

Y2Kev

JB1981 said:
i went back to Uncharted too and it's been said to death here but it really is a marvelous looking title. The system clearly needs a lot of love but when it gets it, it gives a lot back in return.

Uncharted > Everything else. Oh and Ratchet and 60fps = :-o

btw: did you get GTA on teh triple?

I got it on both platforms :'( Can't play till friday though!

My sister and her boyfriend will play on the Triple and I will play on the 360. I like to live dangerously.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
JB1981 said:
I don't care that it doesn't, but on the other hand I really don't understand why Echochrome doesn't have AA. It looks like the game that should be running at 1000+FPS with 16xMSAA applied.

Y2Kev

Marconelly said:
I don't care that it doesn't, but on the other hand I really don't understand why Echochrome doesn't have AA. It looks like the game that should be running at 1000+FPS with 16xMSAA applied.
I really believe Fafalada when he says Japanese people like aliasing. :\

Bebpo

Banned
Y2Kev said:
I really believe Fafalada when he says Japanese people like aliasing. :\

They like the nostalgia factor of the pixels. It brings them back to the 8-bit days of glory.

Goldrusher

Europe... (some of the themes and trailers only in UK)

game add-ons

• NFS ProStreet
- Bugatti Veyron (€2,99 / £1.99)
- McLaren F1 (€2,99 / £1.99)
- Extender Pack #1 (€4,99 / £3.49)
(Aston Martin DB9, Porsche Carrera GT, Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera, Porsche 911 GT3, Lancia Delta Integrale Evo, Dodge Challenger Concept)
- Extender Pack #2 (€4,99 / £3.49)
(Koenigsegg CCK, Mercedes SL65, Aston Martin DB9, Audi R8, Porsche 911 GT3, Honda S2000)

• Snakeball
- Team Pack (€2,99 / £1.99)

game videos
• Kane & Lynch (new maps trailer)

themes
• Dark Sector
• Haze
• Rainbow Six Vegas 2

wallpapers
• Haze

PSP game demos
• Ape Quest (232 MB)

PSP games
• Ape Quest (€9,99 / £6.99)

movie trailers
• Iron Man

Roxas said:
UK content is up. Some trailers, themes, and some add ons to crappy games. Fail.

I got sick of waiting for things to be released on the Aussie store so I signed up to Entropay last week and bought Puzzle Fighter and HVBowling from the US store.

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
They've got stop relying on add-on or demo-only content to fill out their weekly release schedule. It's not a substitute for full-blown downloadable releases.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
btutterrow said:
Thanks for the impressions! I haven't picked it up yet, but I will keep it in mind if I tire of Echochrome next week. Th eone thing that has really held me back so far is the fact that it is 1GB. I have a 8GB card, but still...

I got Kingdom of Paradise/Key to Heaven last January and played the crap out of it for a while. It's a good game - nothing you've not played before - but it does what it does well.

Top Bottom