• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation storefront on iOS reveals Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested if:
Vita Uncharted game included
Either 2 or 3 MP included
Capable developer porting it. Don't be cheap on this one Sony.

-Doubt they'll remaster Golden Abyss, too much of a hassle because of the Vita features using the touch screen/pads.
-I also doubt they'll include either MPs from U2 or U3, they'll make it up with an U4 MP Beta
-If there is a god Bluepoint is doing it. MGS Collection and Flower were excellent ports.

foxbeldin

Uncharted 2 and 3 had a whole two online trophies each in the main list, play one co-op game and one multiplayer match for U2, and pretty much the same for U3 except there was no co-op. Considering the really shit ones some games do Uncharted MP were easy to do. Personally I would prefer just no MP and throw in a U4 Beta.

The only issue with U3 online trophies was the online pass.

343 had the excuse of "well, it's all the Halo games that star the Master Chief, and none of the others, so it's the Master Chief Collection as you follow his journey."

But don't all Uncharted games star Nathan Drake?

i mean this was a "collection" too :D
2860125-1984.png

nded

If this is called "Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection"... Does that mean some day we might get Uncharted: "The Not-Nathan Drake Collection"?

I'd take a game with some Sully missions. Dude's old and can still keep up with Nate, imagine what he was like in his prime.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm in day one. Not expecting big graphical upgrades, 1080p with smooth 60fps is enough for me. That Eurogamer footage. That desert. (e: feel free to buff UC1 tho Bluepoint!)

Golden Abyss rightfully left out, not a good game or worth the effort.

There's a severe lack of new games on PS4 and we're getting more remasters.. sigh. I hope they don't make a big deal about it or put too many resource into it. /debbidowner

well theres onechanbara,jstars, heavensward expansion and arkham knight this month. Thats something new for you to play each week.

SSReborn

Someone hit the wrong button. Just think what would have happened if they hit The Last Guardian button right next to it
Yeah I'm kinda getting the feeling it was gonna get announced like this week kind of like Fallout based upon the fact the conference is two weeks away. But I guess we'll see. If last guardian was leaked then Sony would be crying lol

GnawtyDog

Banned
If they change protagonists, I hope it doesn't turn out like infamosu second son.

I think there's a lot of potential telling Sam's story in a separate spin-off (feauturing Drake himself later in the game with a substantial role but no the protagonist role). If that indeed becomes a possibility, it's key for Sam to be noteworthy in U4 - and by all indications he will be. Majority of the characters in Uncharted games are notable and well characterized so I have no doubt in mind.

I would defenitely be interested at the least.

SomTervo

I'd take a game with some Sully missions. Dude's old and can still keep up with Nate, imagine what he was like in his prime.

That would be sick.

Or Chloe's adventures? Or Nate's brother and what he's been doing the whole time? Or a totally separate group of people who have come into contact with the gang from time to time?

If they change protagonists, I hope it doesn't turn out like infamosu second son.

Second son was great. Dafuq?

BreakAtmo

Awesome news, though the name is pretty dumb. OK on its own but people will yap about it 'copying' the MCC. They should have either called it something different, or gone whole-hog tongue-in-cheek with the reference and called it the Master Thief Collection.

Though I do wonder how they'll fit them on one disc. They probably can't. Only way I could think of doing it - and this would be an enormous engineering effort - would be going back and re-doing all the cutscenes in real-time. I'm sure they still have all the performance data so it's not like they'd have to get the actors back in or anything, and real-time cutscenes would be awesome in ways beyond cutting down on space, but damn. And it would probably still need to be two discs if they wanted to keep the making-ofs.

Euh people, its confirmed that golfen abyss is NOT included, someone on page 5 or 6 explains that the 3 titles are above the 'Uncharted' word in the pic.

343 had the excuse of "well, it's all the Halo games that star the Master Chief, and none of the others, so it's the Master Chief Collection as you follow his journey."

But don't all Uncharted games star Nathan Drake?
Well, there was that one chapter in Golden Abyss where
you play as Sully.

But that was only a small part. Although there is multiplayer, where you play as a lot of people who aren't Drake. Maybe, if I want to read far, far too much into this, maybe there is no multiplayer and it's all Drake, all the time.

Funny this the second time after months of rumors surrounding a remaster of a Naughty Dog franchise that Sony once again themselves leaked a confirmation via their PSN store for the same thing happened with the Last of Us Remastered.

Meaty

Fucking yes. I'll 100% the trophies in Uncharted 2 again! (That is, if I can find a good group of multiplayer trophy boosters lol)

But calling it The Nathan Drake Collection to directly compete with The Master Chief Collection is suuuuuper silly, and almost petty. The Halo collection was called that because not every Halo game had Master Chief in it, but every Uncharted game has Drake in it.

Maybe they couldnt call it uncharted trilogy because they are including the vita game ? (Believe).

-Doubt they'll remaster Golden Abyss, too much of a hassle because of the Vita features using the touch screen/pads.
-I also doubt they'll include either MPs from U2 or U3, they'll make it up with an U4 MP Beta
-If there is a god Bluepoint is doing it. MGS Collection and Flower were excellent ports.
Allot of those Golden Abyss Vita features can be utilized on the PS4 controllers touchpad if done right.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Unlikely on a quick remaster job, but if they bring stereo 3D to these games I'm in day one. Otherwise will probably skip as I've played them already

I'd also like it if no more of Sony's E3 reveals are ruined by inept content management processes. (Goes for MS too)

Edit: ah, only a few hours early. That's not too bad. maybe Sony actually have stuff to talk about at E3 if they're doing reveals in advance.

Rated-G

It'd be awesome if this somehow drops within the month. I mean there have been so many almost leaks for this collection, like the share button screencap that showed Uncharted 2 caps, and such, it's obvious that this collection has been in the oven for quite a while. It'd be so cool if they could announce this and have a super close release date, maybe dropping Friday the week of E3 like The Last of Us did.

Also, put it at a $40 price point, or even $50, just you know, a little less than a full $60 and that would be ace.

RibMan

They got lazy and copied the naming convention of the Halo collection?

That's exactly what they did. They googled "Naming a collection of games" and called it a day. Marketing, right?

The subtitle of Uncharted 4 (A Thief's End) should be a clear indicator that Nathan Drake might not be the star of future games. With that in mind, it makes sense why they would name the collection in such a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom