• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita wallpaper thread | Customizing dat OLED screen

Rushy

Just quickly created some MotorStorm RC split-image wallpapers

MotorStorm RC: Monument Valley

6794685410_545ea6be59_b.jpg

6940797683_d4ef1ab06c_b.jpg

6794685470_9e9efbca39_b.jpg

MotorStorm RC: Apocalypse

6940859565_2c18079678_b.jpg

6940859683_bdfd58bf8a_b.jpg

6794747684_1ec654485e_b.jpg

I have a request. A few pages back, someone made wallpapers from Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. Can someone make more Studio Ghibli movie wallpapers? Would be much appreciated.

I checked myself on my Vita, and the ones that gave me an error were: 1, 4, 5, 9, 13, 15, 16, and 17. I reuploaded the images and linked them and it appeared to work for me, so give them a try now.

As for the right-clicking, which I take as you being on a computer instead, does the option to Save Image As not appear? If it doesn't, try copying the image and pasting it in Paint to save it. If there's no Copy either, just grab a screen of the expanded image.

While I'm at it, here are the folders for all the wallpapers I made so far, in Grid viewing mode by default. Don't mind the lack of a preview on certain ones, they should become visible in Full viewing mode.
Mirror's Edge
TRON: Legacy

Yeah its an odd thing that happens to all the images that are in quoted texts. When you click on them it expands the image, and then when you try to save it saves the entire page.

Thanks for the help. I was just so used to doing it the easier way.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Yeah its an odd thing that happens to all the images that are in quoted texts. When you click on them it expands the image, and then when you try to save it saves the entire page.

Thanks for the help. I was just so used to doing it the easier way.
That doesn't happen to me at all. In fact, you don't have to expand the picture first to save the full sized image.

It should be better if it was only the bar and the rest to be transparent, to have flowing background and with custom colors.

I tried it that way but didn't like the outcome. Any transparent PNG automatically turns black when you switch between a page, and the area where the bubbles are inbetween flipping pages turns black as well. It looks really shitty and it's an oversight that got missed, which hopefully will be fixed in an update. This is why I made the backgrounds static.

I dislike how the Vita also lowers the quality of the images when set as a wallpaper. These images look great, but once applied, they get a little pixelated.

I wanna commend you guys on these wallpapers with the different sections, they're really incredible and I'm using all of them. Thank you and I <3 you

Hi there!

I hope you don't like my previous wallpapers too much... ^.^'

Here's something else: Introducing 'labels' and something I did in the upper right corner, complimenting the notification bulb. I think it looks pretty cool.

psvita_concept1.jpg

Watch what happens at the left side, when you would change pages.

psvita_concept2.jpg

Mind you, I just made two to demonstrate the 'concept'.
What do you think?

Lucent

I'd love a good set of Gorillaz wallpapers.

Sorry if these are big. I don't know how to make them small to where they just pop up to full size like I've seen on here. I'm sorta new.

EDIT: Nevermind. I went back and noticed those were all quoted. See if this works.

What do you think?

Amazing... but it has a little problem. That format force to have a certain amount of pages, and in the same order. For people that don't have yet 8 pages (maybe you don't have any mini, and you need at least 1 bubble to have the page) or need a different structure (maybe he has enought PSN games to need 2 pages), the format is too fixed.

Also, i prefer the old title system. Adding the name at the center take out 2 bubbles. At left, only one.

Amazing... but it has a little problem. That format force to have a certain amount of pages, and in the same order. For people that don't have yet 8 pages (maybe you don't have any mini, and you need at least 1 bubble to have the page) or need a different structure (maybe he has enought PSN games to need 2 pages), the format is too fixed.

Also, i prefer the old title system. Adding the name at the center take out 2 bubbles. At left, only one.

True...

So I guess it's just for everyone that know their way in Photoshop when I finish it and release the templates.

Or perhaps I can think of something else, I don't know. Kinda tired right now.

Syringe

I know beggars absolutely never under any circumstances can be choosers, but it would be awesome to have a really nice set with beautiful pixel graphics.

Oh, any excellent job everyone contributing, I just tried to make a few myself (looked like crap) and realized how great you actually are.

lunlunqq

Could someone please create a set of SNSD wallpapers with trevor's template? the girls on the vita screen is glorious!!!

Hi there!

Here's something else: Introducing 'labels' and something I did in the upper right corner, complimenting the notification bulb. I think it looks pretty cool.

psvita_concept1.jpg

psvita_concept2.jpg

What do you think?

DO IT!

cyborg009

Banned
Hi there!

psvita_concept1.jpg

psvita_concept2.jpg

What do you think?

looks nice a sort of shape in center around word would be good like how I posted before

Mudbeed

Neo Member
This is awesome. I've been a fan of the GPKs for a long time, still got some first edition stickers around somewhere. Wondered how long till someone put some mirrored text in the corner. Nice work, adding to lock screen now. =D

Thanks dude I am glad you liked it!

DBT85

I appear to have a problem.

I want ALL of the themes using magicaltrevors side bar and it's derivatives but I can only have 10 at once.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Could someone please make some Red Dead Redemption wallpapers when they have some free time?

Hope you like sunsets and gunshots.
Of course you do, you like RDR.
Let me know if any of these don't download on the Vita, and I'll try to fix them.

I like to imagine the first bunch tells a story.

And here's a link to the folder, again in Grid view. Click an image or the button in the upper right to change the layout.
Red Dead Redemption

Peru

Would really appreciate some Monster Hunter wallpapers.. searching doesn't give me much, in this thread or on google.

froliq

Hi there!

http://www.caemgen.nl/vita/psvita_concept1.jpg[img]

[img]http://www.caemgen.nl/vita/psvita_concept2.jpg[img]

What do you think?[/QUOTE]

That label idea is amazing.

Top Bottom