• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation Vita western launch thread | It only does everything, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_to_co

I redid my order for the 5th time in the last 7 days tonight. I think this is it:
FEB
32Gig
Uncharted
Wipeout
Hotshots Golf
Marvel vs Capcom
Army Corps of Hell

Interestingly Amazon will only let you order one FEB per address.

Gamespawn

Vita games on SEN Store now! You have to use the search function.

edit- wipeout, stardust, uncharted, modnation, hot shots

Kurdel

Banned
you think hot shots and wipeout are shovelware shit?

Yeah.

But my opinion is really subjective, and I am open minded! I hope reviews and I impressions might prove me wrong :) !!

I should have said "the only games that look like home runs to me is Uncharted and MVC 3".

Apath

OH yea, definitely getting MS RC on Vita. That's not a launch game in the US though is it?
I thought it was confirmed to be at launch. Though I feel these things have been going back and forth, with the confusion between the soft launch, the real launch, and launch window titles being the cause.

Yeah.

But my opinion is really subjective, and I am open minded! I hope reviews and I impressions might prove me wrong :) !!

I should have said "the only games that look like home runs to me is Uncharted and MVC 3".
You really think Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf are shovelware? I could understand not liking them... but to think they're garbage not even worthy of a rating?

Kurdel

Banned
Is there a clear guide of how big the games are? 4 gigs won't be enough, that is sure, but how big will, say, MVC3 be?

You really think Wipeout and Hot Shots Golf are shovelware? I could understand not liking them... but to think they're garbage not even worthy of a rating?

Read my post again buddy!

Take pictures of Kat's alternate costumes in the book!

AlG8SqLCQAEWw0-.jpg:large

alright i think im buying one again, yet I will say I've never been this on/off with a system before. If not for the fact that I have $120 in store credit thats about to expire, with another $400 or in gift cards I think I would wait because I still believe there will be a price drop within 6 months of release. But alas I will be happy with it, enjoyed the demo unit I played with.

Planned pick ups
Wifi Vita
8gb memory card
Hot Shots
Super Stardust Delta

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah.

Someone doesn't know what shovelware actually is.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a thread for exchanging PSN ID's? I'm going to need those who are getting Hot Shots and Virtua Tennis on there pronto. Arcade golf and tennis (Mario Golf, Pangya, and Mario Tennis) are the shit and will be played.

Massa

Is there a clear guide of how big the games are? 4 gigs won't be enough, that is sure, but how big will, say, MVC3 be?

Read my post again buddy!

You didn't edit your post so it's still wrong. Unless you think saying "the PSVita is pink" is valid because that's just your opinion.

Kurdel

Banned
You didn't edit your post so it's still wrong. Unless you think saying "the PSVita is pink" is valid because that's just your opinion.

Yeah, that is exactly what I meant when I said my opinion was my own, and used the word "subjective", and not "objective".

Man, people are rrreeeaaaaalllly invested in unreleased games for an unreleased platform...

Massa

Yeah, that is exactly what I meant when I said my opinion was my own, and used the word "subjective", and not "objective".

Man, people are rrreeeaaaaalllly invested in unreleased games for an unreleased platform...

You need to learn what shovelware is.

Kurdel

Banned
You need to learn what shovelware is.

I don't care if it hurt your feelings.

I think if games that are on sequel number 6 or 7 where every game only has incremental changes appear at the launch of a console, it does not deserve a free pass.

If they turn out great, that will be awesome and I will probably buy them. In the meantime, they don't look like anything special.

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
You are overdoing it, you pasted your mockup at least twice in every single Vita thread. Haha.

News today made it relevant again. Seriously? How can they repeat the exact same PR mistake they made with PSP Go?

They'd have been better off not to mention the program at all.

I think if games that are on sequel number 6 or 7 where every game only has incremental changes appear at the launch of a console, it does not deserve a free pass.

If they turn out great, that will be awesome and I will probably buy them. In the meantime, they don't look like anything special.

You mean like a Capcom 2d fighter? ;)

PewPewK

I am dying of anticipation for Gravity Rush. Really hope it comes out soon; the Sony employee I talked with at the Vita booth during CES said the game was getting delayed here in the US because of localization issues. This'd explain the lack of English in the HK version and why we got a sudden, abrupt push-back of the NA/EU one. Of course, take what some random employee says with a grain of salt, but his job was to be intimately knowledgeable about the Vita.

Also hope we get the artbook here in the US.

dallow_bg

nods at old men

I don't even like HSG and you're making my head hurt.
Shovelware is just the wrong term for what you're describing.

I am dying of anticipation for Gravity Rush. Really hope it comes out soon; the Sony employee I talked with at the Vita booth during CES said the game was getting delayed here in the US because of localization issues. This'd explain the lack of English in the HK version and why we got a sudden, abrupt push-back of the NA/EU one. Of course, take what some random employee says with a grain of salt, but his job was to be intimately knowledgeable about the Vita.

Also hope we get the artbook here in the US.

No way the art book makes it over here. :(

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Was it really news though? Who seriously thought we'd get the UMD transfer program in the US?

So you assumed that Sony was full of shit in the first place with the announcement. So did I. And that's... cool? Whatev's?

Kurdel

Banned
I don't even like HSG and you're making my head hurt.
Shovelware is just the wrong term for what you're describing.

If a single word is making your head hurt, I will choose another.

"by the numbers release"
"uninspired generational refresh"
"new console? we need a new one of those!"

Ridge Racer also falls into this category.

As I said, I will be more than glad to see glowing reviews for these products. But I am willing to bet 50$ that they will receive 7s and 8s, and people will say they are competent launch filler.

"by the numbers release"

As I said, I will be more than glad to see glowing reviews for these products. But I am willing to bet 50$ that they will receive 7s and 8s, and people will say they are competent launch filler.

There is a huge gap in quality difference between HSG and Ridge Racer.....

btkadams

"by the numbers release"

to be fair, isn't MvC (which you recommended) a port? wouldn't that fall under those categories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom