• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Please stop shouting ALLAHU AKBAR into my headphones

fedexpeon

Banned
So how would people say God is great in Arabic without the negative connotation?

But seriously, this is a non-issue for FPS MP.
I remember BF: Vietnam, oh man, people were shouting sucky sucky 5 dollars like it never went out style.
But the more racism I heard in that game, the better the game was even though I am Asian.
And add in one of the greatest OST for that generation, it was a brilliant immersion for a war game.
Why? Because marines of that era should be like that during war and the pressure to kill Charlies and all those commies.

Edit: The best part was playing with Vietnamese players while they were on the North VN side or vice versa. Fucking awesome when they shouted and cussed at you in Vietnamese.

napata

these are american middle class white dudes age 15-35 shouting into their microphones every single match and thinking that they are fucking hilarious

I'm gonna be that guy, but was saying they're white really essential to the plot?

I don't think there's a lot of overlap between the type of people who do that and the type of people who visit GAF

Your thread will do nothing against the problem.

these are american middle class white dudes age 15-35 shouting into their microphones every single match and thinking that they are fucking hilarious

It's amazing how you can just magically know what skin color your opponents are behind a monitor AND behind a mic.

That's some next level racist tech.

First online game? People being fucking stupid in online matches is as old as dirt tome. The shit that used to be said to people, in person, at the internet cafes I would frequent for CS/RTCW back in the day, was just as bad, if not worse. Gotta grow some thicker skin and just mute or ignore that shit.

So how would people say God is great in Arabic without the negative connotation?

But seriously, this is a non-issue for FPS MP.
I remember BF: Vietnam, oh man, people were shouting sucky sucky 5 dollars like it never went out style.
But the more racism I heard in that game, the better the game was even though I am Asian.
And add in one of the greatest OST for that generation, it was a brilliant immersion for a war game.
Why? Because marines of that era should be like that during war and the pressure to kill Charlies and all those commies.

Edit: The best part was playing with Vietnamese players while they were on the North VN side or vice versa. Fucking awesome when they shouted and cussed at you in Vietnamese.

This guy knows what I am talking about. BF:V was just ridiculous as far as shit talking went.

Arkam

Kids/Trolls are going to be kids/trolls. They simply want attention and think that saying something (that they think) is offensive will get that attention. No different than a toddler who repeats a profanity after hearing it used by an adult.

The worst part is that most of these kids have no clue what they are saying and in all actuality mean no harm. However their words are real and can still hurt people.

The solution is to ignore and report. No amount of action will serve you any better.

L Thammy

Kids/Trolls are going to be kids/trolls. They simply want attention and think that saying something (that they think) is offensive will get that attention. No different than a toddler who repeats a profanity after hearing it used by an adult.

The worst part is that most of these kids have no clue what they are saying and in all actuality mean no harm. However their words are real and can still hurt people.

The solution is to ignore and report. No amount of action will serve you any better.

I don't know about that. Back when I was a stupid teenager, me and my friends (mostly white at the time - the area's more ethnically diverse now) would often exchange racist jokes. I thought what we thought was funny was that racist message of the jokes themselves, and we were laughing at that. And we usually asked anyone that we thought might be offended if they'd be okay with us telling those types of jokes. It wasn't until years later when I realized that some of my friends actually believed a lot of the things we said. Oh, but everything they said about Indian people doesn't apply to me, because I'm an exception.

Top Bottom