• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pocketpair CEO Has Accused Tencent of Making a Palworld Clone

Tsaki

8ljZF8U.gif

Yeah, pretty funny that no AAA studio ever thought to make a Pokémon clone before. There are probably at least 5 now in the works

Hopefully Pocketpair is hiring like crazy to get new content out. They have 3-4 years before they are obsolete

Last edited:

GymWolf

Someone should make a pokemon clone with a dark, detailed art style instead of this kiddy shit that everyone does between digimon, palword etc.

At least be fucking original if you have to copy a concept.

Mr Moose

DeepL
Tencent is quickly making a Pal World clone game!
In China, many companies are simultaneously developing mobile clones of Palworld, and the budget is 10 billion yen, 10 times larger than Palworld's...

Next year, a lot of monster (or bishojo) raising games with Hara-Kami quality will be released...

Amazing times!
Google
Tencent is already making a Palworld clone game!
In China, various companies are simultaneously developing mobile clones of Palworld, and the budget scale is about 10 billion yen, 10 times that of Palworld...

It looks like there will be a ton of Genshin-quality monster (or girl) breeding games released next year...

Amazing times

Last edited:

Fbh

well, that's because it's a palword clone and not a pokemon clone.

I know.
Except Tencent actually seems to be making a Palworld clone while Palworld was never really a Pokemon clone.
They might have blatantly copied some pokemon designs, but the entire gameplay and structure of the game is completely different.
This tecent game on the other hand actually looks like a 1:1 clone of Palworld.

Someone should make a pokemon clone with a dark, detailed art style instead of this kiddy shit that everyone does between digimon, palword etc.

At least be fucking original if you have to copy a concept.

SMT is sort of that.

64bitmodels

Reverse groomer.
And yeah the irony of complaining about plagiarism when your game was built off of Pokémon to begin with. You reap what you sow you bastards.

GHG

This is fucking hilarious. And I really enjoyed my time with the game.

Instead of worrying about this, how about getting some substantial content updates out for the game?

GymWolf

I know.
Except Tencent actually seems to be making a Palworld clone while Palworld was never really a Pokemon clone.
They might have blatantly copied some pokemon designs, but the entire gameplay and structure of the game is completely different.
This tecent game on the other hand actually looks like a 1:1 clone of Palworld.

SMT is sort of that.
If it is like persona, it's not the same genre, smt is an rpg first, capturing monsters is secondary.

I don't think anyone buy smt to have a pokemon experience, and palword is even more different because you have survival and base building elements.

GymWolf

It's called shin megami tensei you dense wolf
Not the same thing as pokemon or palworld if it is similar to persona where you also collect monsters, never played a smt but from the footage i saw it doesn't look like a pokemon game.

It's like saying that horizon is like monster hunter because you hunt big creatures and need of their parts to make better armours and weapons.

Last edited:

Fbh

If it is like persona, it's not the same genre, smt is an rpg first, capturing monsters is secondary.

I don't think anyone buy smt to have a pokemon experience, and palword is even more different because you have survival and base building elements.

SMT is as if you took Persona, removed all the higschool weeb trash and made a game entirely focused on the demon contracting/fusing/fighting.
There is sill a story of course, with multiple characters and NPCs and all that. But it's more on the side as 90% of your time will be spent exploring the world, going through dungeons and building your team.

DarthPutin

I've been dreaming about it for awhile. I want "gonna catch them all" with FromSoft monsters. Build gothic castle and defend it with beautiful yet terrifying creatures, take over other's lands, etc...

If that's too risky, Hogwarts Legacy had cute, yet mostly beautiful designs. I liked festrals.

Last edited:

Peroroncino

Tweet tone doesn't seem accusatory, sounds more like an observation with a tinge of excitement - I mean, at the end of the tweet he even said "amazing times ahead".

Last edited:

StueyDuck

I mean it was mostly stock assets and controllers with some "totally not copied" pokemon characters.

It wasn't the most complicated game to clone to begin with

Von Hugh

Didn't Palworld have like a 95 % player count drop already? Can't tell if it's a good move to make a clone right now or not.

Top Bottom