• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon 20 Celebration to be held at Nintendo NY on Pokémon Day (27th Feb)

JoeM86

Just a new note on a new newspost about Pokémon Day by The Pokémon Company International

Visit participating stores on Pokémon Day for special Pokémon events. Head to Toys“R”Us to receive special foil cards featuring Pikachu and Magikarp from the new Pokémon TCG: Generations expansion, as well as a Pokémon activity book and a poster of the original 151 Pokémon, while supplies last. Toys“R”Us will also have an exclusive Generations-themed binder available for purchase to store your new cards.

As part of the Pokémon 20th celebration, GameStop stores are offering a Mythical Pokémon poster with purchase of any Pokémon product while supplies last. An exclusive Mew plush is also available for purchase.

All Pokémon fans are invited to Nintendo NY located at Rockefeller Center in New York City on February 27 for a Pokémon 20th celebration. We'll have fun activities planned for attendees.

Many more details about Pokémon Day on February 27 are on the way. Keep checking Pokemon.com for more information as we get closer to the big day.
http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/pokemon-day-is-on-the-way/

Wasn't sure if this warranted a thread. Apologies if not.

They really need to start remaking the third entry in each gen. So with that said I will take a Pokemon Yellow or Crystal remake. Thanks!

jax

Banned
Let's announce a game that won't be available for a platform that isn't launching for 9 to 20 months, that makes sense.
In reality. Z will be a 3DS game that is hopefully more of a sequel ala B2W2 than a third entry. It also probably won't have any N3DS improvements, low framerate, and only 3D during battle.

All of this will be forgiven if they double down on character customization and interactivity.

In reality. Z will be a 3DS game that is hopefully more of a sequel ala B2W2 than a third entry. It also probably won't have any N3DS improvements, low framerate, and 2D battles.

All of this will be forgiven if they double down on character customization and interactivity.
Didn't they say this was exclusive to kalo's. I swear i remember reading that i forgot the dumb reason they gave.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Yaaaaaaaaay give me "Pokémon Z" or riot. ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Pokémon Z announcement

NX exclusive

There is no way that "Pokémon Z" will be jumping from the 3DS to a new console that won't be releasing for a long while.

Maybe a Go announcement?

Nah, you don't have Pokémon day for a mobile game.

Yeah they're not going to jump console mid-generation

This pretty much and no Pokémon Crystal doesn't count.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Really? After 3 years of gen 6 you want Pokemon Z? How boring is that? I'd rather we get a brand-new game!

They need to finish gen 6 story and end it with a bang, plus I want to give Game Freak a second chance in making up for the disappointment that X and Y had.

Furthermore they have always released a "third version" so I am not sure why you thought that it would be any different.

-Horizon-

giphy.gif

jax

Banned
Really? After 3 years of gen 6 you want Pokemon Z? How boring is that? I'd rather we get a brand-new game!
BW2 was a masterpiece. If Z is more of a sequel than a rehash. It could actually be very awesome. The 3DS engine itself is great, it just needs a little work.

Chase17

I'd probably go to get a poster but alas I'm stranded. Can't wait to see if they announce Z!

Please announce Z.

entremet

Nintendo NY is the former Nintendo World Store, now branded Nintendo NY.

Fun fact, the Nintendo World Store was originally a Pokemon Center store during the height of the franchise.

More things change....

KAL2006

Banned
Let's announce a game that won't be available for a platform that isn't launching for 9 to 20 months, that makes sense.

Not saying it's going to happen as Pokemon is never a launch title. But didn't they announce Super Mario 64 9 months before console release.

Toparaman

Banned
While we're randomly demanding game announcements in a thread that has nothing to do with that, I'd like a home console remake of Red/Blue, please.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Well, I guess I'll be getting up early to go to TRU that Sat! Freebie items plus the binder and whatever else they have. I know TRU will have some exclusive shiny Tomy plush as well, but not sure when they are coming out, as each month is something different.

Have they shown off what cards the freebies will be?

Betty

Banned
So going by this picture, wouldn't it suggest we're getting a new gen this year?

I haven't played since Black which I loved so I'm ready to get back in.

2935429-3394428700-14418.jpg

Banned
This is where the localization for Detective Pikachu with Danny Devito'a voice will be announced along with Pokemon Z.

Detective Pikachu is the bigger megaton.

JoeM86

So going by this picture, wouldn't it suggest we're getting a new gen this year?

I haven't played since Black which I loved so I'm ready to get back in.

2935429-3394428700-14418.jpg

No. That image has been taken out of context in order to make that point. All it was showing is that it has been 20 years since Red & Green

I for one, hope we get a new mainline Pokemon RPG. Whether that's the fabled Pokemon Z, another remake, or a brand new generation, I hope a new game's in the works.

I've been getting back into Pokemon lately with Omega Ruby, and I'm wanting more.

Toxi

Banned
The game isn't meant to be a joke. It has a mature, solid story.
We're talking about a game in which a small, yellow, cute cartoon rodent who could traditionally only say its own name speaks perfect Japanese with a deep voice.

Top Bottom