• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 2: "This is the Real Power of Johto..."

Man God

Non-Canon Member
While not as good as Fire Red (Leaf Green is actually the superior one for picking up rare Gen 3 pokémon) Emerald is days better than Ruby/Sapphire and the best game in that generation for breeding.

Aggrotek

Ike you skipped this one:

17murkrow_corrjackr_by_k26-d5rrud7.png

Which now I really want to use lol

Ike you skipped this one:

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/017/c/1/17murkrow_corrjackr_by_k26-d5rrud7.png[IMG]

Which now I really want to use lol[/QUOTE]

[URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46572138&postcount=12099"]http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=46572138&postcount=12099[/URL]

RagnarokX

Man, I got bored and decided to watch the latest episodes of the anime on demand after not watching since the orange league. Ash finally battles Giovanni and he gets beat by a persian using power gem, lol; and deus ex machina magical force field cubes. Anime seems really bad now, lacks most of its charm, and Jesse, James, and Meowth seem to be personality-less generic villains, now.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, I got bored and decided to watch the latest episodes of the anime on demand after not watching since the orange league. Ash finally battles Giovanni and he gets beat by a persian using power gem, lol; and deus ex machina magical force field cubes. Anime seems really bad now, lacks most of its charm, and Jesse, James, and Meowth seem to be personality-less generic villains, now.

Actually BW had that hope that it could trump the original, and RR actually won... but then the tourney happened, Ash becomes stupid, and RR returned back to their stupid crap.

My copy of Emerald is a bootleg D:
I remember getting one of those off eBay when I was trying to get one for cheap. It was kinda obvious it was fake since the cart felt different so I managed to get a refund after complaining to PayPal. Somehow they never asked me to send it in or destroy it so I played it anyway. But after the thing froze on me halfway through the game, I caved and bought a legit copy for full price.

ffdgh

It feels soooo good to finally nearly hax proof battle subway thanks to traunt durant.
KuGsj.gif

Finally broke 105 wins thanks to that Whimsicott/durant/dragonite I stole from smogon and I have to say it's near flawless.

ffdgh

truant ftw <3

He give the enemy pokemon traunt with entrainment after whimsicott clears the way with encore/knockoff/taunt/memento. Dragonite spams 6 dragon dances/protect while they loaf around every other turn and then use dragon claw for neutral damage on everything except steel. Subsitiute+Multiscale and leftovers give me 2-3 free hits and immunity to every status that the subway loves to spam like toxic,t-wave, intimidate, swagger and more.

The only possible problem would be suicidal pokemon that love to use explode to screw it up but thankfully that's rare so far.

ffdgh

The problem is that some annoyances like claydol decided to explode WHILE I was setting up mah dragonite making her a semi sitting duck speed wise without those dragon dances.

I must say it's funny killing things with whimsicott that only have status moves after using taunt. They struggle them selves to death
KuGsj.gif

Also there's one machamp that like to use protect to activate guts with flame orb soo I give it an encore over and over and slowly watches as it burns to death :D

Unicorn

How do dream abilities work? When I played white around launch the website or something was down? Might go back to white again for some dream ability pokemon. I found my copy the other day (only 28 hours).

How do dream abilities work? When I played white around launch the website or something was down? Might go back to white again for some dream ability pokemon. I found my copy the other day (only 28 hours).

Dream World Abilities - Any Pokémon with one will have one in the PDW.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

You probably tried to check in during their maintenance time (Tuesday morning). Dream World abilities (Hidden Abilities) are abilities you can't obtain normally. ie; Gyarados usually has Intimidate has its only ability, but one from Dream World will have Moxie. You can pass these abilities down through breeding, but only through the mother. There are a few Pokemon you can find in game as well (Hidden Grotto Pokemon for example) that also have their Hidden Abilities.

If you really want a specific DW Pokemon, someone on here can probably trade you one. Dream World is sort of fun, in a mind numbing way, but it could take you forever to find a specific Pokemon that you want.. and have it be female as well. There are a few Pokemon that receive special moves through Dream World that can't be learned through other means, like Sludge Wave Gastly.

MikeMyers

You probably tried to check in during their maintenance time (Tuesday morning). Dream World abilities (Hidden Abilities) are abilities you can't obtain normally. ie; Gyarados usually has Intimidate has its only ability, but one from Dream World will have Moxie. You can pass these abilities down through breeding, but only through the mother. There are a few Pokemon you can find in game as well (Hidden Grotto Pokemon for example) that also have their Hidden Abilities.

If you really want a specific DW Pokemon, someone on here can probably trade you one. Dream World is sort of fun, in a mind numbing way, but it could take you forever to find a specific Pokemon that you want.. and have it be female as well. There are a few Pokemon that receive special moves through Dream World that can't be learned through other means, like Sludge Wave Gastly.

Is there a Hidden Grotto that gives me Moxie Gyarados?

JoeM86

Keldeo WiFi event confirmed for English Black 2 & White 2 games

Runs from Jan 25th to Feb 12th. Level 50 with the moves Sacred Sword, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump and Swords Dance

~Your friendly neighbourhood Serebii

btkadams

Runs from Jan 25th to Feb 12th. Level 50 with the moves Sacred Sword, Aqua Jet, Hydro Pump and Swords Dance

nintendo wifi? awesome. i missed the previous one at gamestop. and in 3 days? awessssoooooome.

Yeehaw! Now the only thing I have to do is to... sit at home and download it. Teehee.

If the Wi-Fi event is only for the sequels, I'll give my GameStop Keldeo to someone with Black/White.

If more than one person wants it, they can have a battle or something to determine who gets it.

btkadams

I still have to beat the elite 4 in White so I don't know if I can even receive it :(

Also Garchomp:
22garchomp_gabber_by_k26-d5sc5tp.png

don't you just need to have beaten the first gym to trade with others (if you're wanting to trade with ultimateike)?

if you mean white 2, you don't even need to have a save file to do a wifi event.

ffdgh

Just like all the raver girls... blech

What are some good pokemon thanks to dreamworld abilities? I'm so out of the loop I don't even know where to begin. haha Been in a SoulSilver timeshell for like 4 years.

hmm drout ninetales
drizzle politoed
speed boost blaziken
sheer force feraligatr/nidoking
magic bounce espeon

plenty more i can't remember right now.

Just like all the raver girls... blech

What are some good pokemon thanks to dreamworld abilities? I'm so out of the loop I don't even know where to begin. haha Been in a SoulSilver timeshell for like 4 years.

I use a Dream World ability Luxray, Gyarados, and Dragonite. I love them all very much. Much more than their normal ability counterparts.

ffdgh listed a lot of the more popular ones.

Oh, Scrafty! I finally realized that your trainer is named the same as the character from your trainer log. I enjoyed making the connection!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
hmm drout ninetales
drizzle politoed
speed boost blaziken
sheer force feraligatr/nidoking
magic bounce espeon

plenty more i can't remember right now.

To add to that some more useful ones..

Intimidate Scrafty
Prankster Sableye, Volbeat, Illumise, Liepard, Murkrow
Speed Boost Sharpedo
Shadow Tag Gothitelle
Moxie Honchkrow, Gyarados, Salamence, Heracross
Multiscale Dragonite
Lightningrod Seaking and Raichu
Guts Luxray
Unburden Hitmonlee
Technician Breloom
Solar Power Charizard
Reckless Staraptor
Poison Heal Gliscor
Defiant Braviary
Simple Swoobat
Regenerator Amoonguss
Sheer Force Nidoking, Tauros, Feraligatr
Thick Fat Mamoswine
Mold Breaker Excadrill

And a bunch more..

Oh, Scrafty! I finally realized that your trainer is named the same as the character from your trainer log. I enjoyed making the connection!

Ha; I'm glad you made that connection!

That's still in the works, BTW. I've just been crazy swamped with work and Persona 4 ruining my productivity, so I'm just writing a buttload of entries to update one day after the other with no hassle or lateness on my end.

Good times for all!

Unicorn

bulbasaur chlorophyll
charmander solar power
squirtle rain dish
nidoking/queen sheer force
vulpix drought
zubat infiltrator
ponyta flame body
togepi super luck
politoed drizzle
Zangoose Toxic Boost
corphish adaptability
absol justified
chimchar iron fist
shinx guts
trubbish aftermath
maractus storm drain

That's a quick list I made.

Does anyone have any of those, preferably female?
KuGsj.gif

I looked up the Dream World and it sounds ridiculous. Only an hour a day and super grindy with the dream points or w/e.
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom