• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread 3: "Soon, All of Hoenn Will Be Under Its Withering Glare…"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Some cute Pokemon-amie pics

36420583_p07ju6a.png

36485810teujk.jpg

36374880u0u18.jpg

363659640cujt.jpg

...and a scary one!

Firestorm

That's pretty much how it's always looked like how it went. Pokemon in Smash Bros. always felt like it was heavily influenced by the anime.
Yeah. It doesn't take much to figure it out. I'd say Mewthree has been a shoe-in since reveal. Especially with how similar they can keep him to Lucario and Mewtwo.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
So we got a bunch of complaints about this thread last time around. Then we got a bunch of complaints about the Animal Crossing thread. Then we got a bunch of complaints about the Smash Bros thread. And today I got some more complaints in here. And the complaints are coming from a variety of different people both within each thread and across the threads. There's obviously a systematic problem in Nintendo community threads. That's why I'm making this post.

Just to be clear--I know a lot of you like the sort of "lewd" joke images, or maybe even the more serious adult-themed images, but it very clearly makes people feel uncomfortable. You might consider finding another venue if that's the kind of stuff you want to post or talk about. The minimum consideration you could do would be to link the images instead of posting them inline, and I'd also expect people to consider about the impression the thread gives as a whole. If people are not comfortable entering the thread to discuss Pokemon because they think it's more a closed clique of the same few people posting images that make them uncomfortable, that's a sign that the thread is not serving its purpose as a community thread.

Your initial reaction might be "But I don't think we're like that"--I'm the one telling you that we get complaints, and that those people repeatedly highlight that either they don't feel comfortable mentioning it in thread or they have tried but basically got told to stop being a buzzkill. I'll be the one to be a buzzkill.

So here's how it's going to be:
CdgLtbU.png

(This image has also been edited into the top of the OP, and it'll be edited in to any thread that generates these sort of complaints)

This isn't an indictment of individual posters, because I know that many posters are just posting things that are comparable to the things they've seen posted before. I'm not blaming anyone or shaming anyone. But now that you've heard this from me, I hope people self-police a little better, make better decisions about what they choose to post, and focus on being a welcoming, friendly, family-friendly community.

Please don't derail this thread by bulk-quoting this post to agree, disagree, thank me, apologize, get angry at me, or ask questions. If you have any questions, you can PM me or another moderator, but I'd ask that before you do just try to apply basic common sense. If you try to be respectful of what the image says, there aren't going to be any problems. There's not really any clarification that's needed beyond that. We're not going to ban people the second they cross the line. It's not about punishment, it's about trying to build a better, more welcoming place. If you're posting something in-line of what people would expect from the Pokemon source material, you're fine. If you're posting something that deliberately deviates from the material in a creepy or sexualized way, even as a joke, you're not. Thanks for understanding.

Now after Gen V, mine is Snivy. Bulbasaur is second place.

Haxorus
Lucario
Charizard
Blaziken

Still buizel and jolteon.

Scrafty, Munchlax and Espeon are still my Top 3.

Helioptile's line may invade that with the advent of Gen VI though.

Chandelure is god

Heh.

Has any of them changed since the last time someone asked you that, by the way?

I kind of love Noivern and Chespin these days. Maybe they'll replace Axew/Haxorus and Turtwig for me.

DaBoss

Heh.

Has any of them changed since the last time someone asked you that, by the way?

I kind of love Noivern and Chespin these days. Maybe they'll replace Axew/Haxorus and Turtwig for me.

Hasn't changed since the last time anyone asked me that. Though I'll likely get some new Pokémon thrown in there.

Moonlight

Banned
I've always wondered about what's everyone's favourite Pokémon this time around, now that Gen V's coming to a close.
I'd have to say... Volcarona, Whirlipede, Durant, and Joltik (and Galvantula). I'd include Heracross (my favourite Bug-type in general), but he doesn't really count as a Gen V design. Generally, I feel like the quality of design for Bug-type Pokemon really, really stepped up in Gen V. I hope Gen VI continues on that trend (and Vivillion is a good indicator).

Snivy is still my favourite starter in the past three generations, as well.

And I don't think there's a single design for Gen VI that I don't love.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Each gen starter?
1 - Squirtle
2 - Typhlosion
3 - Blaziken / Grovyle
4 - Torterra
5 - Samurott
6 - Chespin

Each gen?
1 - Squirtle
2 - Typhlosion
3 - Blaziken / Metagross
4 - Staraptor
5 - Braviary
6 - Noivern (so far)

All gen?
5 - Braviary

I'd say my favourites right now are:

-Serperior
-Lugia
-Gyarados
-Braviary
-Haxorus
-Xerneas

And though I'm not too crazy about Sylveon, Gen VI designs revealed so far are really great. Looking forward to seeing the rest, though hopefully with some surprises what with the worldwide launch.

Kokonoe

Banned
10. Jigglypuff
9. Snorlax
8. Groudon
7. Milotic
6. Shadow Lugia (yep)
5. Venusaur
4. Charizard
3. Bulbasaur
1 / 2. Mewtwo and Rayquaza

My favorites went from

Gen I-II = Jigglypuff
Gen III = Rayquaza
Gen IV = Mewtwo and Rayquaza
Gen V-VI = So far, still the same.

Neo Child

Banned
So I'm sitting on the train playing Dungeon Village and I have a thought.

ci1l76Zl.jpg

Similar to other Kariosoft games Pokemon would make an amazing simulator.

Imagine Gym Leader Story. Similar to the popular GameDev game.

PPW5YFu.png

Instead of a pokemon game where you gain badges, you start out as a new gym leader. You have to train and level up your pokemon. Build a gym type, which you could possibly change over time.

Gain enough respect to hire people to work in your gym, making it harder for trainers who would act as events to challenge you. Possibly gain notoriety by teaching a certain move to trainers who can beat you, making your gym popular.,

As well as competing in the league. You can also go as far as setting up the design of the gym, adding traps, mazes ect.

This would be an awesome sim game.

This is SUCH a good idea.

Choose what type you will specialize in and choose a starter relevant to that type.

Design a default basic gym.

Have an option to Train your Pokemon - battle random Pokemon similarly leveled for experience. All the while have trainers lining up to challenge you and you can challenge them at any time. Win gold to order traps and gym designs from a catelogue, slowly upgrading your gym to a larger gym and hire trainers that would auto-battle and gain gold on your behalf, you could watch these battles and get tips. You could spend money to level up your gym trainers and give them additional pokemon. Also buy items like potions/items/pokeballs to capture these wild pokemon and add them to your team.

That would be SO GOOD.

Occasionally you would get challenged by each Gym Leader - with each win you would move up a rank until you were a member of the Elite 4. Once you defeated the Elite 4 and Champion you could choose to close your Gym and reside as the Region Champion - choosing any trainers to be part of the Elite 4 and decorating the entire Pokemon League and whatnot.

There could also be social elements where you could have a simialry leveled friend act as a gym trainer/elite 4 member in your own game, and any changes that they make in their game would affect your game.

That would be SO MUCH FUN

backlot

My top ten list of Pokemon lists:

1. Favorite Pokemon
2. Favorite Starters
3. Favorite Generations
4. Favorite Rivals
5. Pokemon that need evolutions
6. List of Friend Codes
7. Reasons why Fairy type will make the game more unbalanced
8. List of glitches that proves R/B are horrible games
9. Reasons why new Pokemon are terribly designed