• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Community Thread: Gotta Catch 'Em All!

OMG Aero

Tracey, yuck.

Anyone notice that Brocks Pokemon (Geodudes and Onix) look like Male Genitalia?
I think you should get that checked out.
I remember them saying that they thought Tracy would "appeal to a broader audience," but everyone fucking hated him and wanted Brock back.
No they put Tracey in because they thought American people might think Brock was a racist stereotype. They put Brock back in when they realised no-one cared.

I started Platinum again and got my second ever shiny, a Budew. It's one of the better ones I've seen mostly because it doesn't have a shitty colour change that makes it look diseased.

PS. Where the hell are all the fire types in this game. I didn't choose the fire starter, so now am I stuck waiting til the end-game for a Ponyta or Houndour??

I started Platinum again and got my second ever shiny, a Budew. It's one of the better ones I've seen mostly because it doesn't have a shitty colour change that makes it look diseased.

PS. Where the hell are all the fire types in this game. I didn't choose the fire starter, so now am I stuck waiting til the end-game for a Ponyta or Houndour??

Gen 4 sucked for fire-types. The starter, Magmortar, and Heatran were it. What a ripoff.

Gravijah

HOUNDOUR IS AWESOME SON

and it's not endgame, you get him after the 5thish badge.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
It was cold and scary and slightly erotic.

Oh Billy's a Billie now? My whole GAF world is upside down. I can't play MonHun with someone with an IE in their name!

Yep, he openly broadcasted plans to make money pirating games.

*planned

Not going to do it now. :p

Edit- And it wasn't making money pirating games... they were games I bought new. :p

At least your not playing Diamond or Pearl. Then you'd only be left with Ponyta.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Heeeey there. Wow, that went by fast. It was just a week then?

Thank Stump, he's a cool dude.

For the record I feel great shame about what I did.
yk6ZJ.gif

Wiseblade

It was cold and scary and slightly erotic.

Oh Billy's a Billie now? My whole GAF world is upside down. I can't play MonHun with someone with an IE in their name!

*planned

Not going to do it now. :p

Edit- And it wasn't making money pirating games... they were games I bought new. :p

Ripping the discs onto a hard drive for personal use and then selling the discs on is priacy. did you learn nothing from your ban? :p

At least your not playing Diamond or Pearl. Then you'd only be left with Ponyta.

So horrible, it was the first game where my team went without fire. I still find the fact that they went with a fire elite 4 member kind of hilarious.
Behold the best of Sinnoh's fire type!
- Driftblim: Well it's like a hot air balloon, those things need fire to work right?
- Steelix: Weak to fire is still fire related dammit!
- Lopbunny: Someone at gamefreak must find those legs hot......

Okay so they all also have a single fire move which is probably why they were there but man what a mess.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Ripping the discs onto a hard drive for personal use and then selling the discs on is priacy. did you learn nothing from your ban? :p

Duh.

I'm just saying, you made it sound like I was going to some torrent site and selling the ISOs or something. XD In actuality, I would be losing money, since I bought almost all the games new and at full price.

I just wanted to get rid of the discs in case I move. Apparently the more moral thing is to just destroy them.

So horrible, it was the first game where my team went without fire. I still find the fact that they went with a fire elite 4 member kind of hilarious.
Behold the best of Sinnoh's fire type!
- Driftblim: Well it's like a hot air balloon, those things need fire to work right?
- Steelix: Weak to fire is still fire related dammit!
- Lopbunny: Someone at gamefreak must find those legs hot......

Okay so they all also have a single fire move which is probably why they were there but man what a mess.

They even made an evolution of Magmar, but decided to leave it for post-game...

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
why werent you in irc, bub

I was but you didn't want to play MH so I said "this is completely worthless."

Moreso because I don't watch Kanokon or whatever show it is you guys are into and that's 90% of discussion right there.

They even made an evolution of Magmar, but decided to leave it for post-game...

And I really wanted it as well, of course when they finally let you have the chance to get one they didn't make it easy, I had to borrow my friends leaf green copy to get the magmarizer.
Thankfully Platinum sorted things out with the evo item as well.

Wiseblade

Duh.

I'm just saying, you made it sound like I was going to some torrent site and selling the ISOs or something. XD In actuality, I would be losing money, since I bought almost all the games new and at full price.

I just wanted to get rid of the discs in case I move. Apparently the more moral thing is to just destroy them.

But you still "have" the games, so any money you make is pretty much profit.

But yeah, all you can legally do with the discs at that point is either destroy them or throw them in storage.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
But you still "have" the games, so any money you make is pretty much profit.

Well obviously, that was the whole problem and why I was banned. My original thinking was that I've owned these games for years and just want to get rid of them. It's not like I'm walking into GameStop, buying a bunch of cheap used games, ripping them, then selling them back.

I didn't really think it through.

But yeah, all you can legally do with the discs at that point is either destroy them or throw them in storage.

Truly the best thing ever for the preservation of the medium.

Kokonoe

Banned
Has anyone else caught legendaries using uncommon Pokeballs? When I caught Groudon back in 2003, nothing seemed to be working no many how many Ultra and etc I threw. I was saving my Master Ball like usually do/did until Black came out, and I threw a Dive Ball which worked.

I caught Dialga with a Time Ball, which I later noticed afterwards how fitting it was.

Emitan

I was but you didn't want to play MH so I said "this is completely worthless."

Moreso because I don't watch Kanokon or whatever show it is you guys are into and that's 90% of discussion right there.

you should watch utena with me.

its about lesbians and gender roles.

Gravijah

Has anyone else caught legendaries using uncommon Pokeballs? When I caught Groudon back in 2003, nothing seemed to be working no many how many Ultra and etc I threw. I was saving my Master Ball like usually do/did until Black came out, and I threw a Dive Ball which worked.

I caught Dialga with a Time Ball, which I later noticed afterwards how fitting it was.

haha, quite often when i've run out of other pokeballs to use.

I believe I got the roaming genie in Black with a Dusk Ball.

Not uncommon per se but I caught Mewtwo in my last Red run with a standard Poke Ball. It's actually my preferred ball if I ever have a choice, and I usually catch the version legendary in one when I can.

Boney

Banned
Duh.

My first Ho-oh encounter, I got 50 Ultra balls just for it, had it sleeping, and with barely any HP and only caught it with my last Pokeball I had there. Was amazing.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Hey guys, what's go- *sees topic* .......

So... how about today's episode?
Ash's Tepig evolved. Brycen appears next week and after that it's the seventh gym battle.

I also got my Groudon back in Ruby with a dive ball as well as Latios.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
I think I caught one or two of the Lake trio with a dive ball, if only because they were my last resort.
KuGsj.gif

So... how about today's episode?
Ash's Tepig evolved. Brycen appears next week and after that it's the seventh gym battle.

Pretty good episode, and home to the most magnificent douche the series has ever seen. No redemption or "let's be friends!" for this guy, just a straightforward Flamethrower to the face. Good stuff.

Oh, and they should NEVER show Snivy with her mouth open facing the camera again.
DP303.jpg

NEVER.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
pokemon isn't going anywhere. it's gamings second biggest franchise.

Of course, but I also mean quality wise. Imagine if what happened to Final Fantasy happened to Pokemon... *shudders*

Thankfully Game Freak doesn't listen to those poser fans who want the games to be just like the anime. Or an MMO.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
The problem with Final Fantasy nowadays is that they try to reinvent the wheel every game.

Exactly. But that's why I give weird looks to the people who want Pokemon to change completely every game.

"Oh turn based battles? Get with the times Game Freak!"
^ Bad example since I usually rage against turn based RPGs but still. :p

"Oh, sprites? Get with the times Game Freak!"

pokemon isn't going anywhere. it's gamings second biggest franchise.

I reckon that, given the profit margins, the enormous range of merchandise and the myriad spinoff successes (Rumble Blast sold a million FFS!), Mario is the only game franchise that can match Pokémon's future security.

Certainly, as long as gaming continues in the form we know it and almost certainly long after that, Mario and Pokémon are the only two franchises I am 100% certain will survive.

Or
WQaRn.jpg

yeah

This is a poor excuse. I only watched an episode for the first time last week, and I've still managed to get involved.

It's better now they've stopped banging on about Katawa Shoujo, too.

Top Bottom